Played for 200 Trump supporters this weekend.

Hellbilly

Platinum Member
Oct 13, 2016
Multi-Dimensional Warrior
Northern Vermont in Trump territory. I knew I was in trouble from the moment I arrived. Pickup trucks, ATVā€™s and many Trump flags. The first thing I saw was a dude attempting to drive an ATV up a tree:

IMG_3203.jpeg

Being the only person of color, I was the center of attention even tho I didnā€™t want to be. Lots of ā€˜arms folded guyā€™ looks from a few men. I paid no attention to most of them. Soon after we began to play, I turned on my charm and charisma and they warmed up to me.

IMG_3195.jpeg

So they turned out to be decent folks, which leads me to 2 opinions. Either Trump supporters from Vermont are not all that bad, or the Trump supporters on USMB are givings us exaggerated points of view.

Trump supporters aren't racists, democrats are. They have nothing else in their deck so they play the race card. Trump put blacks to work, democrats want blacks on welfare so they can get votes. I could go on and on, but you get the idea. It's not Trump that says "if you don't vote for me, you ain't white" but a democrat said "If you don't vote for me you ain't black."

You tell me who is racist.

Democrats started the KKK, democrats fought to keep slavery, etc.

Northern Vermont in Trump territory. I knew I was in trouble from the moment I arrived. Pickup trucks, ATVā€™s and many Trump flags. The first thing I saw was a dude attempting to drive an ATV up a tree:

View attachment 388501

Being the only person of color, I was the center of attention even tho I didnā€™t want to be. Lots of ā€˜arms folded guyā€™ looks from a few men. I paid no attention to most of them. Soon after we began to play, I turned on my charm and charisma and they warmed up to me.

View attachment 388502

So they turned out to be decent folks, which leads me to 2 opinions. Either Trump supporters from Vermont are not all that bad, or the Trump supporters on USMB are givings us exaggerated points of view.
you can be sure on anonymous forums people will always exaggerate and in some cases flat out lie about who they are,,,

I would go off your personal experience and ignore the online stuff,,,

I am exactly who I say I am. I am a pilot. I am an airplane mechanic. I am a truck driver. I can produce proof of all 3. I don't put on a mask in here.

Trump supporters aren't racists, democrats are. They have nothing else in their deck so they play the race card. Trump put blacks to work, democrats want blacks on welfare so they can get votes. I could go on and on, but you get the idea. It's not Trump that says "if you don't vote for me, you ain't white" but a democrat said "If you don't vote for me you ain't black."

All that has nothing to do with this thread.

View attachment 388501

View attachment 388502

USMB posters or any message board are poor subjects for stereotyping from either side or any political persuasion.

View attachment 388501

View attachment 388502

That's just how some of them park their ATV's to show off. You see the same thing at construction sites where guys park their jeep jeeps on steep hills just for the hell of it.

The thing is most people on the right will judge you, in the end, on how you act, not who you are. There is always some initial assumptions made on race, gender, and other external conditions, however this is more the "fear of other" than any overt ism/istic/ist issue with the person.

Now change this out with a MAGA hat wearing musician attending a Biden rally and imagine how well that would go over.

Northern Vermont in Trump territory. I knew I was in trouble from the moment I arrived. Pickup trucks, ATVā€™s and many Trump flags. The first thing I saw was a dude attempting to drive an ATV up a tree

Looks like he was pretty successful.

Being the only person of color, I was the center of attention even tho I didnā€™t want to be.

Or maybe it was just your own paranoia playing on your mind as you later proved you were wrong.

Soon after we began to play, I turned on my charm and charisma and they warmed up to me. So they turned out to be decent folks

Gee, imagine that. Trump supporters were just good, decent, ordinary people and not at all the ravenous, deplorable trogs MSNBC tells you they are.

which leads me to 2 opinions. Either Trump supporters from Vermont are not all that bad, or the Trump supporters on USMB are givings us exaggerated points of view.

Third option, you simply read us wrong because we deal with the maniacal crap we read here all day long. Trump supporters in Vermont are no different than anywhere else. For once, you got out slightly from under the haze of bullshit the leftwing media keeps feeding you and got to see a bit of reality.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm

View attachment 388501

View attachment 388502

People are people no matter where you go.

View attachment 388501

View attachment 388502

More likely, it's the Trump-detractors on USMB who are giving everyone their exaggerated points of view.

View attachment 388501

View attachment 388502

Now pretend to be a President Trump supporter by wearing a MAGA hat and carrying a flag and attend a BLM get together, and tell us the difference.

All that has nothing to do with this thread.

Did you see where the OP said he was black?

Read the fucking OP before you comment you dumb shit.

That was the ENTIRE premise of this thread.

The OP never said he was black.
I know this because I wrote it. I am not black.
The premise of this thread is Trump supporters online vs Trump supporters in person.
How would it go if my band played at an event that the members here hosted? How do you think I would get treated by people like you if you knew it was me?
I wonder.

Now pretend to be a President Trump supporter by wearing a MAGA hat and carrying a flag and attend a BLM get together, and tell us the difference.
The biggest difference is the Trump supporter wasnā€™t required to be there. I, on the other hand was required to be there. Its my job.

The premise of this thread is Trump supporters online vs Trump supporters in person.
How would it go if my band played at an event that the members here hosted? How do you think I would get treated by people like you if you knew it was me?
I wonder.

UM from YOUR OP:

"Being the only person of color"

So yes, you or whoever the fuck wrote that shit DID say they were black dumbfuck.

I wonder.

UM from YOUR OP:

"Being the only person of color"

So yes, you or whoever the fuck wrote that shit DID say they were black dumbfuck.
A ā€˜ Person of colorā€™ does not mean black. It means someone who is not white.
Native American
Samoan
Asian
Hispanic
Not white.

Did they get that idiot and his rig out of the tree? :D I think you are correct. Trump supporters do vary from state to state and town to town. USMB has the most rabid sort of Trumplings - True cultists who simply don't care if he lies to them 15 times a day.

Did they get that idiot and his rig out of the tree? :D I think you are correct. Trump supporters do vary from state to state and town to town. USMB has the most rabid sort of Trumplings - True cultists who simply don't care if he lies to them 15 times a day.
They did get it out. Iā€™ve never witnessed behavior like this before.
As you might guess, no masks at all except for the band.

The biggest difference is the Trump supporter wasnā€™t required to be there. I, on the other hand was required to be there. Its my job.

There is no such thing as a Trump supporting musician?

Forum List

Back