Please explain how a background check for ammo stops mass shooters.

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
I thought it might be clarifying to keep this discussion to one point. That way we might get an answer we haven't gotten before on any other gun control law that anti gun people say they want….

I thought it might be clarifying to keep this discussion to one point. That way we might get an answer we haven't gotten before on any other gun control law that anti gun people say they want….

It tells the gun dealer what kind of offenses the are on their record.

But many of these people haven't a record of any kind......because they're crazy......and liberals give people who are nuts a pass.

No need explaining anything to you. You won't believe anything unless limbaugh or hannity tells you.

It would certainly make it more difficult for criminals to get ammo for their illegal guns.

It would certainly make it more difficult for criminals to get ammo for their illegal guns.
:lol
Yes... they can get illegal guns, but not illegal ammo
:lol:
We have 400 million guns in this country and the fetishists keep flooding it with more everyday. Even the dumbest criminal can get a gun by practically tripping over one on the sidewalk.

I'd say anything that makes it harder for guns and bullets to enter circulation is a good thing.

We have 400 million guns in this country...
Of which 99.99797% were not used to murder anyone in 2014.
That is, for every gun used to murder someone, >49000 were not.
Whatever point you might want to make, this fact negates it.

as I thought..so far not one attempt by anti gunners to explain how background checks for ammo actually stops a mass shooter.

okay...I'll narrow it down....name one mass shooter in the past, who would have been stopped by a new law on background checks for ammo.

I don't know why mass shooters keep spending so much money on such inefficient ways to do in people.
Steal a car and run over masses. The stolen car costs nothing and you've succeeded in wiping out a bunch of folk.
Purchase a gallon of gasoline block entrances/exits of buildings (theaters, et cetera) and pour on the gasoline. Large numbers of folk will go up in smoke. Walk into a nursing home and just start stabbing poorly mobile patients. The bodies should start adding up. Amass enough powder from fireworks, a pipe and ball-bearings and you have good bomb potential.
For the record, I am absolutely...NOT....advocating such actions, just pointing out that no matter what you did regarding guns, a determined idiot will easily find a way to do in groups of innocent people and you can't register kitchen knives, gasoline and stolen cars.

I don't know why mass shooters keep spending so much money on such inefficient ways to do in people.
Steal a car and run over masses. The stolen car costs nothing and you've succeeded in wiping out a bunch of folk.
Purchase a gallon of gasoline block entrances/exits of buildings (theaters, et cetera) and pour on the gasoline. Large numbers of folk will go up in smoke. Walk into a nursing home and just start stabbing poorly mobile patients. The bodies should start adding up. Amass enough powder from fireworks, a pipe and ball-bearings and you have good bomb potential.
For the record, I am absolutely...NOT....advocating such actions, just pointing out that no matter what you did regarding guns, a determined idiot will easily find a way to do in groups of innocent people and you can't register kitchen knives, gasoline and stolen cars.

True. Instead of shooting people in a crowded theater, it would be a better plan to simply start behind the back row of seats and go from your left to the right slicing people cartorid arteries during loud scenes. Could probably kille 30 - 40 people. The Gurkhas used to do this to Italian infantry in World War 2 during the night quite effectively.

Gasoline is a favorite mass murder tool in Australia….

Remember, the question for today…….

Can you name one mass shooter in the past who would have been stopped by a background check for ammo purchases?

Forum List

Back