Please will someone who opposes the building of the "Wall" on the southern border explain why?

Other countries are now waking up and stopping immigrants/refugees from entering. Maybe because of the scum that is entering. Can't support themselves, won't work, want free shit, disrespect the citizens, etc etc etc.
So why is it so damn awful the USA wants people who CAN work, WILL work, HAVE enough funds to support themselves and respect the country they so badly want to belong to???

Answer that.
We should be shouldering our part of the responsibility for helping out the destitute with nowhere to live and nowhere to go. YOU got help when you were homeless. Do you work? Did you take some free shit to get by? Why is it too much to extend that temporary help to others who are in far worse shape than you were? Their homes, their very countries, are wrecked. I know we didn't put these people in this predicament, but neither did any other country hosting them. When there is a huge disaster, don't we all pitch in? This is such a time.

Same bullshit, different century.

Some anti-European immigrant cartoons from over a century ago:

The sign reads: Imported, Duty Free, by Trust, Monopoly & Co. to compete with American Labor.

zin11f.jpg

The caption reads: Results of Encouraging Emigration. Paupers, Vagabonds, Murderers and other of the European and Asiatic Scum Refused Admission Elsewhere, Are Readily Landed Here."

2iig29u.jpg

"Results of Encouraging Emigration". Exactly the same rhetoric we hear today!

Here is some anti-Italian immigrant propaganda. Note "The Way to Dispose of Them".

2jaybzc.jpg

Here is an anti-Irish immigrant cartoon.

2zyy1dz.jpg
Amusing as our Ben tried to ban German immigrants
"They are swarthy, can't speak our language and are taking our jobs"
Sound familiar?

The sign reads: Imported, Duty Free, by Trust, Monopoly & Co. to compete with American Labor.

zin11f.jpg

The caption reads: Results of Encouraging Emigration. Paupers, Vagabonds, Murderers and other of the European and Asiatic Scum Refused Admission Elsewhere, Are Readily Landed Here."

2iig29u.jpg

Here is some anti-Italian immigrant propaganda. Note "The Way to Dispose of Them".

2jaybzc.jpg

2zyy1dz.jpg
Amusing as our Ben tried to ban German immigrants
"They are swarthy, can't speak our language and are taking our jobs"
Sound familiar?
ONCE A GERMAN, ALWAYS A GERMAN.

10wsgtx.jpg

:blahblah:
Build the fucking thing, if it's so damned important to you. Trump has decimated the number of refugees he is admitting to the country during the worst worldwide refugee crisis this planet has ever experienced. Now he wants a 30 foot high wall across our southern border to keep the boogey man out. Sounds like a coward to me.

Well, he did get 5 deferments and said his Vietnam sacrifice was not to get a STD.
Terrific role model for our christians

The German and Irish immigrant, stealing the ballot box:

wugtpd.jpg

I think its needless.
If we took away incentive, we wouldnt have to do shit. Those assholes would leave when they are dumb, sick, living in the streets and cant afford a piece of bread.
But i like to actually solve problems. Band aids are for the birds.
THEN AGAIN, I dont trust our congress critters.
So i am a bit torn about it actually getting done because i dont trust them to do their jobs.
THATS how low my standards are with these fucks!

" Dumb sick, living in the streets"
Talking about whire boy Mississippians?

We need to build a wall around the entire country to keep these greaseball wops and papists and pollocks and krauts and micks out!

They bring crime. They bring drugs. They're rapists.

White Anglo-Saxon Protestants only! England is the source of civilization!

I was watching talking heads program and the token Democrat said "Democrats are against building the wall".
I shouted at the TV "Ask why are the Democrats against the wall"?

What are the reasons for Democrats opposing the building of the wall?
Americans Oppose Border Walls, Favor Dealing With DACA
GOP 73% favor expanding the wall while 87% of Democrats don't favor.
WHY are Democrats against improving the security of the country?

Now my opinion based on the previous history of National Voter Registration Act of 1993
National Voter Registration Act of 1993 - Wikipedia passed by the MAJORITY of the Democrat party which directly approved illegals secure driver's license to aid in voter registration.
This has been the major reason Democrats have favored "open borders'.. political benefits cloaked in pious supposedly humanitarian reasons.

The sad fact is that while yes I AGREE the vast MAJORITY of ILLEGAL immigrants are not criminals, are not
a threat to me, it is the few that ARE getting in that are smuggling not only drugs BUT these innocent immigrants who don't know better!
That is the fact that the DEMOCRATS are aiding and abetting, i.e. encouraging people to break the law their first steps into America!

How can people then be against building a physical barrier that will reduce the chances for people to break
the law in the first place?
Why are supposedly these "humanitarians" that feel so bad for these "illegals" that they have NO problem ENCOURAGING their breaking the law in the first place?

So you people that OPPOSE improving the security of America i.e. building the "wall" please explain why because it has been proven that the wall would effectively reduce the
... At the federal, state, and local levels, taxpayers shell out approximately $134.9 billion to cover the costs incurred by the presence of more than 12.5 million illegal aliens, and about 4.2 million citizen children of illegal aliens....The Cost of Illegal Immigration to US Taxpayers | FAIR

$135 billion a year... versus a wall that will reduce dramatically drug/human trafficking as well as reducing the number of people requiring this federal/state/local costs.

View attachment 218407

Simple .

1- it’s super expensive . You don’t just build it and be done . You have to maintain and monitor the wall. It’s not 50 miles , is like 1400 miles.

2- it will mess with the environment and land owners . Farms ranches etc..

3. Only 1/2 of the illegals in this country come from crossing the border illegals . A wall does nothing about the other 1/2.

4. A wall isn’t foolproof . We have walls in areas now . People still get by .

You’d better off building more immigration courts and centers to process people .
I think the border is the same as NY to LA

I think its needless.
If we took away incentive, we wouldnt have to do shit. Those assholes would leave when they are dumb, sick, living in the streets and cant afford a piece of bread.
But i like to actually solve problems. Band aids are for the birds.
THEN AGAIN, I dont trust our congress critters.
So i am a bit torn about it actually getting done because i dont trust them to do their jobs.
THATS how low my standards are with these fucks!

I doubted from the start any wall will be built. There may be some wall set up in some remote areas, but even if all of the government, including the treasonous democrooks, got on board we will still have parasites suing to stop the concrete trucks from rolling, suing over the "interests of animals", interfering and sabotaging construction, maybe even murder a worker or two.

You are right about cutting off the motive to illegally immigrate, but we still need to keep shit from the southern border out, and a barrier will help.

Please will someone who opposes the building of the "Wall" on the southern border explain why?

Because walls are mean and stuff.

zin11f.jpg

2iig29u.jpg

2jaybzc.jpg

2zyy1dz.jpg
Didn't I read that a lot of the objection to these immigrants at the time was cyclical economic recessions? Americans were competing for jobs? So why, with our economy the best in history (according to Trump) are people today so frickin bent out of shape about brown people? I don't get it.

I was watching talking heads program and the token Democrat said "Democrats are against building the wall".

Now my opinion based on the previous history of National Voter Registration Act of 1993
National Voter Registration Act of 1993 - Wikipedia passed by the MAJORITY of the Democrat party which directly approved illegals secure driver's license to aid in voter registration.
This has been the major reason Democrats have favored "open borders'.. political benefits cloaked in pious supposedly humanitarian reasons.

The sad fact is that while yes I AGREE the vast MAJORITY of ILLEGAL immigrants are not criminals, are not
a threat to me, it is the few that ARE getting in that are smuggling not only drugs BUT these innocent immigrants who don't know better!
That is the fact that the DEMOCRATS are aiding and abetting, i.e. encouraging people to break the law their first steps into America!

How can people then be against building a physical barrier that will reduce the chances for people to break
Why are supposedly these "humanitarians" that feel so bad for these "illegals" that they have NO problem ENCOURAGING their breaking the law in the first place?

So you people that OPPOSE improving the security of America i.e. building the "wall" please explain why because it has been proven that the wall would effectively reduce the
... At the federal, state, and local levels, taxpayers shell out approximately $134.9 billion to cover the costs incurred by the presence of more than 12.5 million illegal aliens, and about 4.2 million citizen children of illegal aliens....The Cost of Illegal Immigration to US Taxpayers | FAIR

$135 billion a year... versus a wall that will reduce dramatically drug/human trafficking as well as reducing the number of people requiring this federal/state/local costs.

View attachment 218407
Colossal waste of money that will have little effect on illegal immigration, and a large effect on wildlife and our relationship with central and south America.

A) "little effect on illegal immigration" you say. Where is your proof?
B) "large effect on wildlife"? Where is your proof?
C) "relationship with central/south America" so again where is your proof?

A) So effect on Illegal immigration: As of Aug 2018 355,106 apprehend in one year. Southwest Border Migration FY2018 | U.S. Customs and Border Protection
Based on figure of $134.9 billion a year for 12.5 million that works out to $10,792 per illegal.
Assume the "wall" reduces just 50% of the 355,106 figure or 177,553 are NOT able to cross and then be apprehended.
At $10,792 per person NOT able to cross that is near $2 billion savings.
At a cost of $25 billion that means just by reducing from 355,106 to 177,553 illegal crossing apprehended... that about 10 years to pay for the wall.

B) effect on wildlife: The interesting point on this is what have the "SAME" illegal immigrants" done to their OWN environment that they are leaving?
1) Mexico... Executive summary
Mexico is one of the world’s most biologically rich nations, with diverse landscapes that are home to a treasure trove of wildlife, including plant and animal
species found nowhere else. Sadly, in Mexico and around the world, species are becoming extinct because of human activities at rates never seen before.
In this report we highlight the threats facing Mexico’s 10 most iconic endangered species to help illustrate the broader risks confronting the country’s
imperiled plants and animals.
These 10 species — which in most cases are protected only on paper — were chosen to reflect Mexico’s diversity of wildlife and ecosystems and the wide range of
threats to the country’s biodiversity. New awareness of these unique animals and plants is critical to inspiring a nationwide demand to protect these critical
components of Mexico’s natural heritage.
Although the Mexican government began officially listing and protecting species as extinct, threatened, endangered, and “under special protection” in 1994 —
more than 20 years ago — few species have actually recovered, and many critical threats continue unabated. In many cases, officials are failing to enforce crucial
laws and regulations that would protect these species. https://www.biologicaldiversity.org...ico/pdfs/English-Top-10-Endangered-Mexico.pdf
Additionally, the Mexican government has not updated its official list of imperiled species, referred to as NOM059, since 2010, despite new and growing
risks from climate change, habitat destruction, the wildlife trade and in some cases direct killing.
This failure obscures the true plight of the nation’s endangered wildlife.
https://www.biologicaldiversity.org...ico/pdfs/English-Top-10-Endangered-Mexico.pdf

So this concern about "wildlife" doesn't seem to be valid when you consider that Mexicans don't seem to care about their environment so they would have NO problem with
abiding by our country's environment laws.

C) Relationships with Central/South America?
AND?????

zin11f.jpg

2iig29u.jpg

2jaybzc.jpg

2zyy1dz.jpg
Didn't I read that a lot of the objection to these immigrants at the time was cyclical economic recessions? Americans were competing for jobs? So why, with our economy the best in history (according to Trump) are people today so frickin bent out of shape about brown people? I don't get it.
Damn good question.

zin11f.jpg

2iig29u.jpg

2jaybzc.jpg

2zyy1dz.jpg

Well probably because
A) the above illustrations came when the country was growing both economically and demographically.
B) Also at that time we didn't spend $135 billion a year on "illegal immigrants' well being!

Makes a big difference I would think but again people commenting without any rational factual arguments such as you have done is the biggest problem.
Maybe you should provide statistics that back up your claims???

zin11f.jpg

2iig29u.jpg

2jaybzc.jpg

2zyy1dz.jpg

Well probably because
A) the above illustrations came when the country was growing both economically and demographically.
B) Also at that time we didn't spend $135 billion a year on "illegal immigrants' well being!

Makes a big difference I would think but again people commenting without any rational factual arguments such as you have done is the biggest problem.
Which claims were those?

View attachment 218407

(a) based on bullshit (most illegal immigration results from overstayed visas, not "border jumping";
(a2) based on bullshit again as illegal immigration is already curtailed;​
(b) thus feeds Ignorance, which should never under any circumstances be encouraged;
(b1) also feeds bigotry, imagining a "them" , an "other" (Mexicans, Muslims, Irish, Chinese, Blacks, Jews, Catholics, etc etc) -- ask Hitler or Confederate slave owners how that worked out for them;​
(c) isolationism doesn't fix anything, it's a band-aid that addresses only symptoms even if they were real;
(d) what's next, a ceiling? a national sensory deprivation tank?
(e) costs 25 billion dollars PLUS upkeep; thousand-mile-plus walls don't keep themselves up;
(f) you can't build a wall in a river;
(g) you also can't build on private property
That enough?

Take a cue from Rump's Fraud University who had to compensate those who fell victims to its modus operandi, that being, in its own words:

"You don't sell products, benefits or solutions ---- you sell FEELINGS".

Time to take this one back to the return counter and get your money back.

Last edited:
We are deeply in debt, why do repubs just want to spend more? Trump can build a wall when Mexico pays for it like he promised.

zin11f.jpg

2iig29u.jpg

2jaybzc.jpg

2zyy1dz.jpg

Yyyep. As long as there are those so drunk on emotional rhetoric-candy that they can't learn from their own history, they'll regress right back into the Know Nothing Party.

zin11f.jpg

2iig29u.jpg

2jaybzc.jpg

2zyy1dz.jpg

Well probably because

Which claims were those?

"people today so frickin bent out of shape about brown people?"
Where is your PROOF people are bent out of shape about the color of peoples' skin?

I along with 90+ million people either "LEGAL" immigrants or like Trump and myself have "LEGAL" immigrants as relatives are grossly offended by idiots who
use the term "anti-immigrants" BECAUSE as you pointed out people from Europe like Trump's grandmother were chastised and berated originally BUT they were "LEGAL"!
It is truly stupid for people to assume that people like Trump, me and 90+ million want a wall to keep out "immigrants"!

It is the simple fact that these are illegal activities by mostly uninformed people sad to say that don't understand they are breaking the law the first steps into the country.

Forum List

Back