Please will someone who opposes the building of the "Wall" on the southern border explain why?

I am not afraid of Mexicans

I do not need a freak’n wall

We have significant problems of our own. I don't see the reason or the money to become the world's refugee camp. If the immigrants were purple or green, I still would not want to deal with the increased crime, social services, or the fact they wave flags of their origin and have no desire to integrate. Someone had a cartoon with a car full of people headed to Mexico saying they were going to complain, wave a US flag, and vote in the Mexican elections. That sounds about what we have.

"Wall" is both symbolic and objective. We'll build walls where it suits the area. Other areas will be monitored. At least that's how it should be.

Fuck illegals, they don't belong here. We Americans should not allow our methods, language and such to be compromised on our dime. Chaos, over-population, driving wages down and housing up, much higher taxes on those who actually pay taxes, and a disrupted education system.

Show me a progressive and I'll give you someone who bites the hand that feeds them. Progressives are the most like to complain about wages and costs, all while they advocate for open borders.
only lousy capitalists lose money on border policy and complain about taxes.

"Wall" is both symbolic and objective. We'll build walls where it suits the area. Other areas will be monitored. At least that's how it should be.

Fuck illegals, they don't belong here. We Americans should not allow our methods, language and such to be compromised on our dime. Chaos, over-population, driving wages down and housing up, much higher taxes on those who actually pay taxes, and a disrupted education system.

Show me a progressive and I'll give you someone who bites the hand that feeds them. Progressives are the most like to complain about wages and costs, all while they advocate for open borders.

So you advocate letting in hordes of dependents who vote for more government benefits? I agree with those who say kill the incentives. That is such a no brainer only the government could screw that up. It is not enough though. I believe a barrier would be highly effective. More effective than a massive increase in manpower. Why don't we just ask border agents if it will work, then do it. I'm tired of the suits and ties making stuff up.

It won't work. It's a waste of money. It's antithetical to the idea of America.

You're idea is to put US citizens at risk, harm them finacially, and increase a voter base that wants to kill individual rights for authoritarianism. Man, I want to skip that bonfire.

So you advocate letting in hordes of dependents who vote for more government benefits? I agree with those who say kill the incentives. That is such a no brainer only the government could screw that up. It is not enough though. I believe a barrier would be highly effective. More effective than a massive increase in manpower. Why don't we just ask border agents if it will work, then do it. I'm tired of the suits and ties making stuff up.
No. I don't subscribe to right wing, red herrings and proclaim learning how to fish, is important.

Only people applying for citizenship are immigrants; the rest are merely tourists.

Tourism is the first, second, or third largest employer in Twenty-Nine States.

It won't work. It's a waste of money. It's antithetical to the idea of America.

You're idea is to put US citizens at risk, harm them finacially, and increase a voter base that wants to kill individual rights for authoritarianism. Man, I want to skip that bonfire.
Gee. I had no idea that lacking a wall, all those bad things would happen!

What is it with you folks? No imagination, a preternatural ability to be afraid, or unable to divine workable solutions without your first idea?

Increase a voter base that wants to kill individual rights for Authoritarianism? Where did you find that peculiarly narrow landing pad?

When you advocate a massive increase in government and government powers, what do you think will happen? In the history of mankind, that has never turned out the way you want it. People are crushed, corruption grows, and you think it will never happen again. Voters are already ignored and we are being told what words we are allowed to use. You don't think that is just the beginning? I pray you never get what you wish for.

When you advocate a massive increase in government and government powers, what do you think will happen? In the history of mankind, that has never turned out the way you want it. People are crushed, corruption grows, and you think it will never happen again. Voters are already ignored and we are being told what words we are allowed to use. You don't think that is just the beginning? I pray you never get what you wish for.
Sounds serious. Are you sure all that will happen if there is no wall built? How come it hasn't happened yet?

Sometimes, I think the left will claim ignorance. We had no idea something bad would happen. We were just fighting for the 'common good.' I'm starting to think the left knows that is exactly what will happen, and they don't care.

Guys like Bernie Sanders are getting rich, and the homeless in tent cities continue to soar. Why do you think that is? Thank goodness the left is helping the little guy. You help us any more and Bernie can get a boat to go with his new car and house. We need to give these people as much power as possible. It is good for us.

I was watching talking heads program and the token Democrat said "Democrats are against building the wall".
I shouted at the TV "Ask why are the Democrats against the wall"?

What are the reasons for Democrats opposing the building of the wall?
Americans Oppose Border Walls, Favor Dealing With DACA
GOP 73% favor expanding the wall while 87% of Democrats don't favor.
WHY are Democrats against improving the security of the country?

Now my opinion based on the previous history of National Voter Registration Act of 1993
National Voter Registration Act of 1993 - Wikipedia passed by the MAJORITY of the Democrat party which directly approved illegals secure driver's license to aid in voter registration.
This has been the major reason Democrats have favored "open borders'.. political benefits cloaked in pious supposedly humanitarian reasons.

The sad fact is that while yes I AGREE the vast MAJORITY of ILLEGAL immigrants are not criminals, are not
a threat to me, it is the few that ARE getting in that are smuggling not only drugs BUT these innocent immigrants who don't know better!
That is the fact that the DEMOCRATS are aiding and abetting, i.e. encouraging people to break the law their first steps into America!

How can people then be against building a physical barrier that will reduce the chances for people to break
the law in the first place?
Why are supposedly these "humanitarians" that feel so bad for these "illegals" that they have NO problem ENCOURAGING their breaking the law in the first place?

So you people that OPPOSE improving the security of America i.e. building the "wall" please explain why because it has been proven that the wall would effectively reduce the
... At the federal, state, and local levels, taxpayers shell out approximately $134.9 billion to cover the costs incurred by the presence of more than 12.5 million illegal aliens, and about 4.2 million citizen children of illegal aliens....The Cost of Illegal Immigration to US Taxpayers | FAIR

$135 billion a year... versus a wall that will reduce dramatically drug/human trafficking as well as reducing the number of people requiring this federal/state/local costs.

View attachment 218407

The problem is that after you build the wall that 12.5 million illegal aliens will still be here and we will still be spending all that money, plus the money for the wall.
We do not need a wall that will just waste more of our money we do not have. We have a military, let them defend this country for a change.

This is why I am against the wall...

View attachment 218528

So why then do you have a wall around your home? Or why do people like these have walls around walls?
Remember right now it cost $135 billion for the supposedly 12.5 million.
If we keep out people that want to break our laws by sneaking through simple barb wire fences in West Texas by having a nearly impossible 30 plus foot WALL like the
Chinese did thousands of years ago it is CHEAPER.
It makes NO sense to have walls like the below which in those few and rare cases I know, but it has happened that people bent on breaking in or sneaking in will try.
As far as the ones that are here... one brick at at time. OK?
walls_in_walls.png

I was watching talking heads program and the token Democrat said "Democrats are against building the wall".

Now my opinion based on the previous history of National Voter Registration Act of 1993
National Voter Registration Act of 1993 - Wikipedia passed by the MAJORITY of the Democrat party which directly approved illegals secure driver's license to aid in voter registration.
This has been the major reason Democrats have favored "open borders'.. political benefits cloaked in pious supposedly humanitarian reasons.

The sad fact is that while yes I AGREE the vast MAJORITY of ILLEGAL immigrants are not criminals, are not
a threat to me, it is the few that ARE getting in that are smuggling not only drugs BUT these innocent immigrants who don't know better!
That is the fact that the DEMOCRATS are aiding and abetting, i.e. encouraging people to break the law their first steps into America!

How can people then be against building a physical barrier that will reduce the chances for people to break
Why are supposedly these "humanitarians" that feel so bad for these "illegals" that they have NO problem ENCOURAGING their breaking the law in the first place?

So you people that OPPOSE improving the security of America i.e. building the "wall" please explain why because it has been proven that the wall would effectively reduce the
... At the federal, state, and local levels, taxpayers shell out approximately $134.9 billion to cover the costs incurred by the presence of more than 12.5 million illegal aliens, and about 4.2 million citizen children of illegal aliens....The Cost of Illegal Immigration to US Taxpayers | FAIR

$135 billion a year... versus a wall that will reduce dramatically drug/human trafficking as well as reducing the number of people requiring this federal/state/local costs.

View attachment 218407

The problem is that after you build the wall that 12.5 million illegal aliens will still be here and we will still be spending all that money, plus the money for the wall.
We do not need a wall that will just waste more of our money we do not have. We have a military, let them defend this country for a change.

View attachment 218528

In total, the agents arrested eight Bangladeshi nationals on September 21, bringing the total for the fiscal year to 650.

“When you have countries like Bangladesh that have had potential ties to terrorism in the past — well, these folks that are coming from that country, what is their intent when they are crossing into the United States illegally?” Laredo Sector Acting Chief Patrol Agent Jason D. Owens told Breitbart Texas during a phone interview earlier this year. “What is their ultimate destination? What is their goal?”
650 Bangladeshi Nationals Arrested in Single Texas Border Sector in 2018

Now would a WALL in Laredo Tx helped? ONE thing for certain. It can't HURT.
And again financially. Why are we spending $135 billion a year taking care of people that have entered the USA illegally?
Wouldn't it be cheaper if a $25 billion wall reduced the number of people by 50% (pure guess as no one knows for sure how many illegals actually sneak across) as
there are 355,000 stopped at the borders each year. As of Aug 2018 355,106 apprehend in one year. Southwest Border Migration FY2018 | U.S. Customs and Border Protection

View attachment 218407

View attachment 218528

So why then do you have a wall around your home? Or why do people like these have walls around walls?
Remember right now it cost $135 billion for the supposedly 12.5 million.
If we keep out people that want to break our laws by sneaking through simple barb wire fences in West Texas by having a nearly impossible 30 plus foot WALL like the
Chinese did thousands of years ago it is CHEAPER.
It makes NO sense to have walls like the below which in those few and rare cases I know, but it has happened that people bent on breaking in or sneaking in will try.
As far as the ones that are here... one brick at at time. OK?
View attachment 218559

The very pretty wall in your picture has two purposes, one is to look pretty and the second is to keep out law abiding citizens from traversing the neighborhood.

With in the wall people have fences, which have the purpose of keeping kids and dogs in and people out.

View attachment 218407

View attachment 218528

In total, the agents arrested eight Bangladeshi nationals on September 21, bringing the total for the fiscal year to 650.

“When you have countries like Bangladesh that have had potential ties to terrorism in the past — well, these folks that are coming from that country, what is their intent when they are crossing into the United States illegally?” Laredo Sector Acting Chief Patrol Agent Jason D. Owens told Breitbart Texas during a phone interview earlier this year. “What is their ultimate destination? What is their goal?”
650 Bangladeshi Nationals Arrested in Single Texas Border Sector in 2018

Now would a WALL in Laredo Tx helped? ONE thing for certain. It can't HURT.
And again financially. Why are we spending $135 billion a year taking care of people that have entered the USA illegally?
Wouldn't it be cheaper if a $25 billion wall reduced the number of people by 50% (pure guess as no one knows for sure how many illegals actually sneak across) as
there are 355,000 stopped at the borders each year. As of Aug 2018 355,106 apprehend in one year. Southwest Border Migration FY2018 | U.S. Customs and Border Protection

Do these three things and you will cut border crossing by 90%..

1. Bring back the troops that are defending nations such as Germany and Italy and station them along the border and have them defend this nation for a change.

2. Go after companies that hire illegals, and go after them hard. When a major corporation or two goes out of business due to the fines for such an action, then others will think twice about doing it. People willing to pay them is the reason people come, remove that and you remove most illegal border crossings.

3. Implement a true guest worker program that allows industries that rely on such transient labor to bring them and and use them legally and under the watchful eye of the government.

These three things save us money and do not cost 25 billion plus dollars

1. Optics matter, whether we like it or not. It looks like a simplistic band-aid to keep people we hate out. We should be better than that.
2. It gives COVER to the REAL problem, which is the lure of JOBS offered by AMERICAN COMPANIES that are IGNORING the LAW and NOT being held ACCOUNTABLE.
3. Trump immediately made the whole thing even dumber and nuttier by telling us that Mexico would pay for it.
4. Advanced civilizations don't build walls, they innovate solutions. Assuming they have that capacity. Right now, it appears we don't. We'd rather scream platitudes.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back