🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Plenty of "Good Guys with Guns" But 6 Injured Anyway

OSHA requires that employers defend employees from crazies with guns. Is that what you are saying?

You are fucking stupid winterborn if you believe that shit. Are you stupid winterborn? Or just acting it?

No, nimrod, I am not stupid. But having a couple of decades experience as a safety professional, there are steps that can be taken to reduce workplace violence and to reduce the injuries and loss of life when it does occur.

Unlike you, I do not just throw my hands up in the air and say "Wow, it is a crazy person. Nothing we can do here".

And what do you suggest could have been done?

The security guard was the first one shot. Having a means of access that requires a person be buzzed in would have helped.

A means of notifying the employees of the emergency is also important. Not sure how they did this at the Fedex bldg.

Bottom line is the gun is not to blame for poor home training. The parent is since these gang bangers don't know who their daddy is

-Geaux

Ah good, shower done. Thermos filled. Breakfast in front of me. Ready for work.

But I sure did want to log on again and read about how, was it OHSA or Fed Ex that promised it's employees protection against crazies with guns?

Imagine my surprise when I read that one of you that made that claim was lying and the other couldn't back up fast enough.

Trying to claim OHSA was responsible for crazies with guns in the workplace.

Why is it that people like you gun nuts are SO desperate to try and prove that guns are the answer to everything.

I liked the idea that having a buzzer would have helped. Helped who? The person that opened the door? I don't think so. That person is the first one shot. You open the door to the crazies. Who you won't know is the crazy till you open the door. Yea that'll help a lot. I can tell. Maybe the company can do a pat down BEFORE opening the door. Yep, that'll work well. And means of notifying the employees. Like I had to tell my kids, you hear that pop pop pop pop SOUND AT SCHOOL AND CAN'T EXPLAIN IT, RUN LIKE HELL IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION.

Do you gun nuts EVER think things through? I like the idea of a poor performing employee carrying a gun that finds out he is going to be let go. This employee is already pissed at his boss and knows the Boss ain't carrying a gun. But this employee is. Any potential problem there? Of course not you'll say.

Are you smart enough Winterborn to understand that the idea of many people in a work place carrying guns has more potential for violence than the very unusual act of a crazy walking in and start firing. Have you EVER worked in a place like a factory? Where hundreds if not thousands of men and women work. Some of which really don't like each other and provoke each other. Think a bunch of armed people that don't really like each other has the potential of a problem. Of course not you will say. Right?

Guns everywhere is not going to solve the problem of crazies with guns. Sorry.

Off to work now.

Ah good, shower done. Thermos filled. Breakfast in front of me. Ready for work.

But I sure did want to log on again and read about how, was it OHSA or Fed Ex that promised it's employees protection against crazies with guns?

Imagine my surprise when I read that one of you that made that claim was lying and the other couldn't back up fast enough.

Trying to claim OHSA was responsible for crazies with guns in the workplace.

Why is it that people like you gun nuts are SO desperate to try and prove that guns are the answer to everything.

I liked the idea that having a buzzer would have helped. Helped who? The person that opened the door? I don't think so. That person is the first one shot. You open the door to the crazies. Who you won't know is the crazy till you open the door. Yea that'll help a lot. I can tell. Maybe the company can do a pat down BEFORE opening the door. Yep, that'll work well. And means of notifying the employees. Like I had to tell my kids, you hear that pop pop pop pop SOUND AT SCHOOL AND CAN'T EXPLAIN IT, RUN LIKE HELL IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION.

Do you gun nuts EVER think things through? I like the idea of a poor performing employee carrying a gun that finds out he is going to be let go. This employee is already pissed at his boss and knows the Boss ain't carrying a gun. But this employee is. Any potential problem there? Of course not you'll say.

Are you smart enough Winterborn to understand that the idea of many people in a work place carrying guns has more potential for violence than the very unusual act of a crazy walking in and start firing. Have you EVER worked in a place like a factory? Where hundreds if not thousands of men and women work. Some of which really don't like each other and provoke each other. Think a bunch of armed people that don't really like each other has the potential of a problem. Of course not you will say. Right?

Off to work now.

Ihave no idea where you have ever worked that buzzed people thru a secure door, but they were identified before they were allowed entry. And since the security guard outside was shot first, it would have been limited to one victim instead of 6.

Oh, and if you are going to try and lecture me about guns in the workplace, shouldn't you find out what I think of the idea?? Because ight now you are arguing with me like I have been suggesting guns in the workplace is the answer. Have I said that?

No, nimrod, I am not stupid. But having a couple of decades experience as a safety professional, there are steps that can be taken to reduce workplace violence and to reduce the injuries and loss of life when it does occur.

Unlike you, I do not just throw my hands up in the air and say "Wow, it is a crazy person. Nothing we can do here".

The security guard was the first one shot. Having a means of access that requires a person be buzzed in would have helped.

A means of notifying the employees of the emergency is also important. Not sure how they did this at the Fedex bldg.

He worked there. Wouldn't he get buzzed in and then shoot the guard?

As I understood it, the security guard was shot outside, in the parking lot. So once that happened, the door should not have been opened.

In prior work locations we have worked out various ways of notifying employees that there is a situation. Whether it be fire alarms, storm warnings, or discreet ways of letting people know there was a violent person loose on the property. That sort of plan is required by OSHA, since workplace violence is a potential hazard at almost any facility.

As I understood it, the security guard was shot outside, in the parking lot. So once that happened, the door should not have been opened.

In prior work locations we have worked out various ways of notifying employees that there is a situation. Whether it be fire alarms, storm warnings, or discreet ways of letting people know there was a violent person loose on the property. That sort of plan is required by OSHA, since workplace violence is a potential hazard at almost any facility.

Yes that's how it was done given the security they had. But if they had to get buzzed in he would have done it after getting buzzed in. He worked there so getting buzzed in wouldn't be a problem. The navy yard guy got through this way I believe.

So people are alerted to something, what can they do? Gun shots are a pretty loud warning.

Last edited:
Guns aren't registered and anyone can buy a gun without a background check.

Not if you live in California...or Colorado or Illinois or New York or Oregon or Rhode Island.

Good thing those background checks have led to lower rates of murder and violence in those states! Oh, wait, not so much...

Not if you live in California...or Colorado or Illinois or New York or Oregon or Rhode Island.

Good thing those background checks have led to lower rates of murder and violence in those states! Oh, wait, not so much...

Not that far a drive to the next state.

Once again, you're making shit up. No one is advocating "guns everywhere". No one is saying the absence of gun free zones will "solve the problem of crazies with guns".

Lying and making shit up is not helping you case.

What we are saying is that an individual ought not to be prevented from effectively defending himself, which is what gun free zones do. I really don't give a shit if you choose to allow yourself to be gunned down by the crazy. It's not like that would be a blow to the gene pool. What I do care about is the you seem to think you know what's best for everyone else. Guess what? You really don't.

Sorry.

And you have evidence that criminals in South Central LA or Chicago are driving to states to acquire firearms legally?

Didn't think so.

In fact, according to BATF report #133664 (California Tracing Reports for 2012), less than 5% of traced guns in California, many of which were not crime guns, came from neighboring Nevada and Arizona.

Sorry, you don't get to make shit up.

Once again, you're making shit up. No one is advocating "guns everywhere". No one is saying the absence of gun free zones will "solve the problem of crazies with guns".

Lying and making shit up is not helping you case.

What we are saying is that an individual ought not to be prevented from effectively defending himself, which is what gun free zones do. I really don't give a shit if you choose to allow yourself to be gunned down by the crazy. It's not like that would be a blow to the gene pool. What I do care about is the you seem to think you know what's best for everyone else. Guess what? You really don't.

Sorry.

You have some examples of people defending themselves in mass shooting?

And you have evidence that criminals in South Central LA or Chicago are driving to states to acquire firearms legally?

Didn't think so.

In fact, according to BATF report #133664 (California Tracing Reports for 2012), less than 5% of traced guns in California, many of which were not crime guns, came from neighboring Nevada and Arizona.

Sorry, you don't get to make shit up.

Without registering guns how do we know where they come from? What percent of guns are traced?

Forum List

Back