Polar vortex fragmentation

Leave it to the idiot right to turn a simple thread about the weather into an opportunity for conservatives to exhibit their ignorance and stupidity.

In this case the stupidity of conservatives to not understand the difference between climate and weather.

It sucks. The expended forecast here in south central kansas has our highest temperature for the next ten days at 24°, and don't even get me started on the night time lows. And of course it's snowing as well. Usually a snowfall here in Kansas is followed by a warm up the next day or so, so snow stays on the ground for 1-2 days. Not this one.

Anywho, anyone else getting the same kinda crap?
I live in Ireland and we do not have any extreme weather..
The center of the North American continent gets some of the most extreme changes in weather, such as the Dakotas,MN,MI and WI. Record cold actual air temp in MN was -60 Farenheit. In summer the heat can go over 100 F with 80% tropical humidity that can be overwhelming.
There are about 5 perfect weather days a year here.

It sucks. The expended forecast here in south central kansas has our highest temperature for the next ten days at 24°, and don't even get me started on the night time lows. And of course it's snowing as well. Usually a snowfall here in Kansas is followed by a warm up the next day or so, so snow stays on the ground for 1-2 days. Not this one.

The center of the North American continent gets some of the most extreme changes in weather, such as the Dakotas,MN,MI and WI. Record cold actual air temp in MN was -60 Farenheit. In summer the heat can go over 100 F with 80% tropical humidity that can be overwhelming.
Kansas is in there as well. Not down to -60° but we regularly get single digits above and below 0° a few times a year and summer temps well over 100°.

What I was complaining about was the duration. There isn't a single day above freezing in the forecast. That's unusual for us here.

Kansas is in there as well. Not down to -60° but we regularly get single digits above and below 0° a few times a year and summer temps well over 100°.

What I was complaining about was the duration. There isn't a single day above freezing in the forecast. That's unusual for us here.
The longest stretch in the Twin Cities was 34 days below zero back in the nineties.
I enjoy winter , but not this crap.

Forum List

Back