Police are being abused and treated poorly. Recently a two cops were demoted for doing a good job

*freyasman* You voted down this comment in which I asked questions for clarification and for the case to be made for people who rightfully ask such questions. If there is an unwillingness to answer these questions, then perhaps an explanation as to why they are not valid questions and shouldn't be a concern.

View attachment 435235 <----lame
Review the laws, and educate yourself.
Cops have no authority to demand that the window be all the way down.

The cop admitted that he wanted to search the car; everything he did was designed to come up with a pretext in order to do so. He got outraged at his efforts to do so being countered and documented, and he reacted by assaulting the father.

Fuck that guy..... he should be fired and barred from ever working in LE again, at a minimum. If someone had walked up and shot him while he was attacking the father I would be perfectly okay with that.

*freyasman* You voted down this comment in which I asked questions for clarification and for the case to be made for people who rightfully ask such questions. If there is an unwillingness to answer these questions, then perhaps an explanation as to why they are not valid questions and shouldn't be a concern.

The cop admitted that he wanted to search the car; everything he did was designed to come up with a pretext in order to do so. He got outraged at his efforts to do so being countered and documented, and he reacted by assaulting the father.

Fuck that guy..... he should be fired and barred from ever working in LE again, at a minimum. If someone had walked up and shot him while he was attacking the father I would be perfectly okay with that.

Fine. Let's say in this case you are correct and the officer was out of line. What happens in cases where the person was rightfully pulled over for violating a law. Say speeding or running a red light. If they refuse to roll down their window or respond, how would you like for that to be handled? If you were in charge of making policies on how we should handle people who break traffic laws, what would you do?

These cops should be in jail.
Police do not and can never have any more authority than anyone in a democratic republic.
They can NOT tell you to roll down a window or get out of the car unless there is probable cause to arrest you for a crime they witnessed.
These cops violated dozens of laws and are criminals.

Serious Kitty...

How would you propose a police officer handle someone who commit some sort of infraction like speeding or running a red light if that person refuses to roll down their window? Should those even be viewed as violations of the law, or should the police ignore such infractions? If you do believe there should be some sort of traffic enforcement, would you find it acceptable to have so the such refusals end with the person the vehicle is registered to being mailed the ticket/notification of court appearance/whatever? In the event of the person who was pulled over being someone borrowing the vehicle, how should that be handled? Tough luck for the owner if they don't get the person to admit to it? How about in the case of company vehicles? How about in cases where the vehicle is simply not registered to anyone? Should those vehicles/drivers be untouchable since there is no recourse for the police officers? If not, how would you propose that be handled? How about in more serious cases in which it is believed someone may be at risk of causing harm or is wanted in a murder? Do you feel that is a different situation, and your comment only applies to minor traffic infractions?

There was no infraction in this case. It was a totally made up reason to pull a young minority over. It was maybe not as bad as pulling someone over for having a "wide set nose" but bad all the same.

Courts are starting to wise up.

Touching white highway line isn’t valid reason for traffic stop, Ohio Supreme Court rules

Fine. Let's say in this case you are correct and the officer was out of line. What happens in cases where the person was rightfully pulled over for violating a law. Say speeding or running a red light. If they refuse to roll down their window or respond, how would you like for that to be handled? If you were in charge of making policies on how we should handle people who break traffic laws, what would you do?

If someone is legitimately pulled over for actually violating a law they still do NOT have to roll their window all the way down. Legally they only have to provide their I.D. and insurance verification.

The courts are wising up.

Court Rules Marijuana Odor Note Enough to Search | Stein Sperling

It will take awhile but we are going to end these fishing expeditions.

What traffic laws?

That would be my attitude.

If someone is legitimately pulled over for actually violating a law they still do NOT have to roll their window all the way down. Legally they only have to provide their I.D. and insurance verification.

Not rolling it all the way down is different than the "not rolling it down or providing any information to the cop" as was suggested by a post above. So long as the person provides the documents required, then I think the cops should just do their jobs without making it into something else. That's fair enough. My question is what happens when someone refuses to roll down their window at all or give the police the information you mentioned. What options should the police have when dealing with that?

What traffic laws?

Reckless driving? Not stopping at traffic signals? Excessive speeding? Driving drunk? Do you believe those shouldn't be regulated by laws, and that our roads should be a free for all?

Not rolling it all the way down is different than the "not rolling it down or providing any information to the cop" as was suggested by a post above. So long as the person provides the documents required, then I think the cops should just do their jobs without making it into something else. That's fair enough. My question is what happens when someone refuses to roll down their window at all or give the police the information you mentioned. What options should the police have when dealing with that?

Call the tow truck and hook on.

What traffic laws?

Reckless driving? Not stopping at traffic signals? Excessive speeding? Driving drunk? Do you believe those shouldn't be regulated by laws, and that our roads should be a free for all?
It's a hard world.

Let the weak fall.

Forum List

Back