Police Chief says Officer Wilson will likely not be charged.

Now I know you've never fired a pistol. Show me one pistol that ejects the casing at the shooter and I'll show you a failed gun manufacture.

I've certainly been hit by a few spent shell casings, being left handed can cause that, but when the casings do hit you they then go spinning off to somewhere else.

Ask him to explain post #961.
I cant get him to,maybe you'll have better luck.

Here's the link

Police Chief says Officer Wilson will likely not be charged. Page 49 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Look, I hesitate to say this in public, but as hateful and racist as Asclepias is, he seems fairly intelligent, and he CLEARLY said that they COULD land at your feet. And I mean anything is possible, no matter how unlikely.

He's wrong about Wilson's guilt of wrong doing in this matter, but he has you chasing unicorns on that point

Considering Wilson would be using the Weaver Stance as trained,the idea that casings would land at his feet is nothing but a dodge while trying to explain the location of the casings to determine where office Wilson fired from.

Actually, if I had to guess, Wilson was probably in the Isosceles Stance. It is a much more natural stance to flow into when attempting to apprehend a suspect

In either case however,shell casings probably would not have landed at his feet. Especially if he was advancing as he fired,they would be in a trail behind him.

Personally I prefer the Weaver.
The one thing I am certain of,is those casings would not have fallen at officer Wilsons feet unless he was using the Homeboy grip/stance and was left handed.

Now I know you've never fired a pistol. Show me one pistol that ejects the casing at the shooter and I'll show you a failed gun manufacture.

I've certainly been hit by a few spent shell casings, being left handed can cause that, but when the casings do hit you they then go spinning off to somewhere else.

Here's the link

Police Chief says Officer Wilson will likely not be charged. Page 49 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Look, I hesitate to say this in public, but as hateful and racist as Asclepias is, he seems fairly intelligent, and he CLEARLY said that they COULD land at your feet. And I mean anything is possible, no matter how unlikely.

He's wrong about Wilson's guilt of wrong doing in this matter, but he has you chasing unicorns on that point

Considering Wilson would be using the Weaver Stance as trained,the idea that casings would land at his feet is nothing but a dodge while trying to explain the location of the casings to determine where office Wilson fired from.

Actually, if I had to guess, Wilson was probably in the Isosceles Stance. It is a much more natural stance to flow into when attempting to apprehend a suspect

In either case however,shell casings probably would not have landed at his feet. Especially if he was advancing as he fired,they would be in a trail behind him.
Had to be the Isosceles. He was not hitting center mass and that stance is harder to keep control of the weapon. Probably switched to the Weaver for the last couple of shots.

Here's the link

Had to be the Isosceles. He was not hitting center mass and that stance is harder to keep control of the weapon. Probably switched to the Weaver for the last couple of shots.

The stance doesnt dictate where your shots hit. That would be aim.
And it's highly unlikely he switched stances mid stream since people shoot with the stance they are most comfortable with.

Here's the link

And it's highly unlikely he switched stances mid stream since people shoot with the stance they are most comfortable with.

There you go again. If your stance is unstable it affects your aim. The isoscles is less stable than the Weaver. Its not highly unlikely he switched stances midstream. In fact its highly probable seeing as he initially was not hitting center mass.

Here's the link

There you go again. If your stance is unstable it affects your aim. The isoscles is less stable than the Weaver. Its not highly unlikely he switched stances midstream. In fact its highly probable seeing as he initially was not hitting center mass.

It is not

Here's the link

If the stance feels unstable to the shooter it would be unlikely that he would use it.
Most learn to shoot from a certain stance,I learned from the Weaver and would never shoot from the isosceles.

It is not
Disagree. Isoscles is for short range 6-7 meters is probably the maximum. That accounts for his shots being off initially. Switching to the weaver gave him a more solid stance.

It is not

I was told that with the isosceles you allow the recoil a little more leeway.In other words your not fighting it as much.
Where with the Weaver you use opposite pressure,pushing with the dominate hand and pulling with the weak to control recoil.

If the stance feels unstable to the shooter it would be unlikely that he would use it.
Most learn to shoot from a certain stance,I learned from the Weaver and would never shoot from the isosceles.
If you have advanced training you would/could possibly use either depending on the range.

How about using THIS stance

s_640x_480_3-tm-tfb.jpg

It is not

I was told that with the isosceles you allow the recoil a little more leeway.In other words your not fighting it as much.
Where with the Weaver you use opposite pressure,pushing with the dominate hand and pulling with the weak to control recoil.

That is true, but if you keep your feet steady , your body will naturally return to the correct firing position.

Think of it as standing in a wave pool and letting the way break around you , rather than trying to walk through the wave. The end result is the same, if you keep your feet, let the recoil dislodge your footing and well you have problems of course

If you have advanced training you would/could possibly use either depending on the range.

Range? You're talking 75 feet or so for most handguns. Range isn't a factor. It's almost entirely about personal preference.

The ONLY real advantage in my mind is that it is easier to move while in the Isosceles. Ideally you don't want to move at all, of course, but rarely do you get ideal in the field.

You might. FBI studies show that under sudden stress many people, including cops, reflexively shoot isosceles. Its the only reason some PDs still teach that stance. They study says they dont know why it happens, maybe like taking a fighting stance our animalistic roots wire us to under stress. But under sudden stress lots of people shoot their first few from an isosceles no matter how they train. Go figure.

Range? You're talking 75 feet or so for most handguns. Range isn't a factor. It's almost entirely about personal preference.

The ONLY real advantage in my mind is that it is easier to move while in the Isosceles. Ideally you don't want to move at all, of course, but rarely do you get ideal in the field.

I've heard the Isosceles is easier for women as well because you aren't muscling the gun so much as riding the recoil.
I might have to give the Iso another look just for the hell of it.

Speaking about accuracy in a certain range. I find the Isosceles to be less stable which throws off my aim slightly..

You might. FBI studies show that under sudden stress many people, including cops, reflexively shoot isosceles. Its the only reason some PDs still teach that stance. They study says they dont know why it happens, maybe like taking a fighting stance our animalistic roots wire us to under stress. But under sudden stress lots of people shoot their first few from an isosceles no matter how they train. Go figure.

Having never fired a pistol in combat I wouldnt know.
The Weaver feels natural to me,but then I've used it for for over thirty years so I guess thats no surprise.

Speaking about accuracy in a certain range. I find the Isosceles to be less stable which throws off my aim slightly..

Your aim is off cuz you're holding the gun sideways crackhead

:D

Forum List

Back