🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Police officer fired for having confederate flag in yard

Your wrong.
no. see no matter what else those people want to pretend the flag stands for the fact that it represents racism and oppression never changes

That's your absolutism point of view. If someone doesn't agree...they are wrong. Hypocrisy.
some things are just true. water is wet, the earth is round, boobs are good, and the confederate rag is now and always has been a symbol of racism and oppression

To some it may be...and to others it may not. You have one way of seeing it, and others do not. I do not agree with your basis, but I do respect your opinion.
That's your problem. you think i'm giving you an opinion.

And you see....you just can't stop...it has be your way and the last word.

no. see no matter what else those people want to pretend the flag stands for the fact that it represents racism and oppression never changes

That's your absolutism point of view. If someone doesn't agree...they are wrong. Hypocrisy.
some things are just true. water is wet, the earth is round, boobs are good, and the confederate rag is now and always has been a symbol of racism and oppression

To some it may be...and to others it may not. You have one way of seeing it, and others do not. I do not agree with your basis, but I do respect your opinion.

buddy it's not my way - it's reality.

there aren't two sides to this coin, there aren't equally valid opinions.

the confederate flag has always been a symbol of racism and oppression.

whatever else anyone wants to pretend it means doesnt change that.

do you understand? nobody can truthfully say that it is not a symbol of racism.

From the racist comments on this board towards the Black Man, it's obvious her former department made the right choice....

So because you don't like what people are saying about it, you think the First Amendment should not be applied to someone else? I don't see the logic....
Her Rights were never violated, she was not jailed or fined for her speech...therefore no violation exists.
However, her former career required that the public see her as unbiased when dealing with the public.
Supporting a cause/ symbol that called for slavery and treason doesn't support a position of objectivity when encountering minorities...

The same types that support this symbol of hate, racism and treason or usually the one's that start a thread calling Black people "coons" while denying any racist tendencies.

STFU coon.

It's just a piece of cloth.

Good. I'm glad the dumb bitch got fired.

So you don't believe in the First Amendment?
Not when you are a paid public servant (especially one with a weapon). Once you make that leap its just like the military.

So some people can have First Admendment rights but not others. Funny, there seems to be no caveat in the First Amendment that stipulates an exception.
Thats correct. For example in the military an american citizen cant just say whatever they want. Obviously you have never served and was unaware of that.

Last edited:

yep. a piece of cloth that symbolizes racism and oppression

More like a piece of toilet paper in a room full of incontinents.

His first amendment rights were not violated. He probably still has the flag flying in his front yard. He made a choice to keep his flag.

now consider this: If a Black cop had a Black Panther flag or a Black muslim NOI flag flying on his front lawn, how would that go over in the PD? Certain jobs require adherence to certain protocols for the maintenance of peace and tranquility. He knew that Blacks would be offended by that flag and as a police officer for all the people, he showed disdain for the Black people who might need to interact with him. He chose to defy his bosses and he lost…. He will lose again in court of he goes that route because his flag is still flying!

Some people believe in the first amendment until they feel offended, then all bets are off. I don't like that flag myself, had a couple of ancestors die on the yankee end of things but the first amendment protects their right to have that flag.
Suppose he had a full sized statue of Nathan B. Forrest dressed in full Klan regalia in his front yard.? That too would be protected under the 1st amendment but it would also expose a mindset in conflict with the oath he swore to.

Police Officer's Oath
The widely used oath embraced by the International Association of Chiefs of Police reads, "On my honor, I will never betray my badge, my integrity, my character or the public trust. I will always have the courage to hold myself and others accountable for our actions. I will always uphold the Constitution, my community, and the agency I serve."

Waving a rebel flag around or posting one your yard does nothing to uphold the community or the agency she served. and hse certainly violated the public trust. No Black would ever trust her.

His first amendment rights were not violated. He probably still has the flag flying in his front yard. He made a choice to keep his flag.

now consider this: If a Black cop had a Black Panther flag or a Black muslim NOI flag flying on his front lawn, how would that go over in the PD? Certain jobs require adherence to certain protocols for the maintenance of peace and tranquility. He knew that Blacks would be offended by that flag and as a police officer for all the people, he showed disdain for the Black people who might need to interact with him. He chose to defy his bosses and he lost…. He will lose again in court of he goes that route because his flag is still flying!
FYI Its a woman not a guy.
ok….. but it applies to both.:lol: thanks

Your wrong.

So NOW you get what an opinion is...

she claimed to investigators that she was unaware that the flag had been adopted by racists.

she either lied to the investigators or is too ignorant to be a cop.

There was no reason for an investigation to begin with as no crime had been committed.
the police department gets to control how they are represented to the public

No, wrong. BECAUSE they are a government entity they MUST respect your first amendment rights. Unlike a private employer who absolutely could fire you for having a confederate flag in your yard.

he didnt go to jail. he wasnt fined or censored.

the former officer's first amendment rights were not infringed upon

He is a she and that fact that she didn't go to jail or was neither fined nor censored is completely irrelevant, but you already knew that. She lost her job. The government cannot impede your Constitutional rights.

you don't have a constitutional right to unlimited speech when you are in a particular job....

well, let me rephrase that... you can say whatever you want. your employer doesn't have to tolerate it.... especially a police department (or other public agency) if what you say/do makes them look bad. just how it is..

Wrong again fake lawyer. A government agency can NOT violate the first amendment.

Unless, as with the case of schools,. SCOTUS has ruled that you don't enjoy your full rights while employed. Has there been such a court ruling fake lawyer?

He is a she and that fact that she didn't go to jail or was neither fined nor censored is completely irrelevant, but you already knew that. She lost her job. The government cannot impede your Constitutional rights.

you don't have a constitutional right to unlimited speech when you are in a particular job....

well, let me rephrase that... you can say whatever you want. your employer doesn't have to tolerate it.... especially a police department (or other public agency) if what you say/do makes them look bad. just how it is..

Wrong again fake lawyer. A government agency can NOT violate the first amendment.

Unless, as with the case of schools,. SCOTUS has ruled that you don't enjoy your full rights while employed. Has there been such a court ruling fake lawyer?

your first sentence proves you're full of it and know nothing.

you're welcome.

a governmental agency can set rules of conduct for your behavior.

I'm so glad you think you know something in this area. I gave you the standard. I gave you the cases. the fact that you are incapable of reading them and would rather pretend I'm not what I am, proves that you're even more stupid and pathetic than your posts would indicate.

now again, go look at the standard. they have every right to set rules about how their employees make them look. and a cop flying the racist confederate flag is something that could be used against the department if the cop in question ever does anything wrong.

you've just taken your first con law class. congrats. now go read the cases and look at the STANDARD set by the court for when any employer can infringe upon your right to speech. rightingwingnut pretend constitutionalists seem to have an issue with understanding that something being a right does not mean it can't be regulated....only that there have to be good reasons for the regulation. but you nutters only like regulation when you don't like the thing being regulated. luckily that isn't our standard.

class dismissed.

your first sentence proves you're full of it and know nothing.

you're welcome.

a governmental agency can set rules of conduct for your behavior.

I'm so glad you think you know something in this area. I gave you the standard. I gave you the cases. the fact that you are incapable of reading them and would rather pretend I'm not what I am, proves that you're even more stupid and pathetic than your posts would indicate.

now again, go look at the standard. they have every right to set rules about how their employees make them look. and a cop flying the racist confederate flag is something that could be used against the department if the cop in question ever does anything wrong.

you've just taken your first con law class. congrats. now go read the cases and look at the STANDARD set by the court for when any employer can infringe upon your right to speech. rightingwingnut pretend constitutionalists seem to have an issue with understanding that something being a right does not mean it can't be regulated....only that there have to be good reasons for the regulation.

class dismissed.

Of course a government agency can set rules of conduct for employment stupid, no one said otherwise. Those rules of conduct can't violate your rights though. What if a government agency had a rule that said "you must allow us to search your home any time we wish" could they do that? No of course they can't, moron.

And no, you haven't provided any court cases that have said a government agency can fire a person for flying a flag on their own private property.

she claimed to investigators that she was unaware that the flag had been adopted by racists.

There was no reason for an investigation to begin with as no crime had been committed.

No, wrong. BECAUSE they are a government entity they MUST respect your first amendment rights. Unlike a private employer who absolutely could fire you for having a confederate flag in your yard.
and they did.

you don't understand what the first amendment protects. that's not my fault

and they did.

Oh, the fact that they did it makes it legal? LOL what a stupid thing to say.

and they did.

no, the fact that the firing did not violate her rights makes it legal.

and they did.

no, the fact that the firing did not violate her rights makes it legal.

That' s not a fact , moron. it's your OPINION

Forum List

Back