Police raid man's home over Facebook photo of son with rifle

Not if the parent(s) have a brain and actually use it. And, of course, it depends on what they're hunting. In the case of George Zimmerman, for example, I might be against his parents taking him hunting.

People are stupid about guns and we all know it. That's why so many kids are killed "accidentally".

The source of this article can't be trusted so there's no way to know what really happened.

I shot my first gun when I was seven or eight years old. Stop being a candy ass, Dudley.

So did I and if you look at my comments, you'll see I haven't said anything all that radical.

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH TEACHING YOUR KIDS TO HANDLE GUNS. FAR BETTER TO EDUCATE THEM THAN NOT.

THAT IS MY OPINION.

Read that as many times as you have to in order to get the meaning of that very declarative sentence.

GAWD DAMN, I get so fucking sick of having to explain every nuance, every syllable to the damn idiots on the right.

As for the "raid", I'd much rather read that instead of the headline

NRA instructor's kid accidentally shot to death or accidentally shot baby sister to death"

Your words, not mine.

I shot my first gun when I was seven or eight years old. Stop being a candy ass, Dudley.

So did I and if you look at my comments, you'll see I haven't said anything all that radical.

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH TEACHING YOUR KIDS TO HANDLE GUNS. FAR BETTER TO EDUCATE THEM THAN NOT.

THAT IS MY OPINION.

Read that as many times as you have to in order to get the meaning of that very declarative sentence.

GAWD DAMN, I get so fucking sick of having to explain every nuance, every syllable to the damn idiots on the right.

NRA instructor's kid accidentally shot to death or accidentally shot baby sister to death"

Your words, not mine.

Sorry, my fault for forgetting that you nutters would much rather have piles of dead kids than suffer even a minor inconvenience.

By Rick Moran
March 20, 2013

What kind of parent allows an 11-year old kid to pose with a rifle?

A certified firearms instructor for the NRA:

New Jersey police and Dept. of Children and Families officials raided the home of a firearms instructor and demanded to see his guns after he posted a Facebook photo of his 11-year-old son holding a rifle.​

"Someone called family services about the photo," said Evan Nappen, an attorney representing Shawn Moore. "It led to an incredible, heavy-handed raid on his house. They wanted to see his gun safe, his guns and search his house. They even threatened to take his kids."

Moore was not arrested or charged.

Read more: Blog: Police raid man's home over Facebook photo of son with rifle

In answer to the bolded - Republicans.

The guy is an idiot. But I don't know if the police should have come knocking on his door.

I agree.

There needs to be a middle ground but I don't know what it is.

I'd also like to read a reliable source.

THAT IS MY OPINION.

Your words, not mine.

Sorry, my fault for forgetting that you nutters would much rather have piles of dead kids than suffer even a minor inconvenience.

Oh, you're talking about how progressives stand firm against providing protection to vulnerable school children in school now....:clap2::clap2:

Whats next? Kids that are given toy guns will be rounded up by the state because the parents are obviously unfit to raise the children?

I wasn't even aware you could buy children toy guns anymore.

Yes, you can. Cap guns, guns that shoot sucker darts, cork guns...spark guns, and those guns that sound like an automatic weapon.

Yup, you can buy children toy guns.

Last edited:

THAT IS MY OPINION.

Your words, not mine.

Sorry, my fault for forgetting that you Liberal nutters would much rather exploit the bodies of dead children for political gain, yet at the same time tossing them into dumpsters behind abortion clinics when they do become a minor inconvenience.

When the lawyer got called, the police "raid" fizzled because the lawyer advised his clients to deny the state officials any "permission" to enter their home or to go into his safe.

Fucking cool.

That is how it is supposed to work.

Go get a fucking warrant. Oh, and good luck with that. Ever hear of "probable cause?"

You know what is NOT "probable cause" sufficient to get a search warrant?

r-JOSH-MOORE-large570.jpg

THAT IS MY OPINION.

Your words, not mine.

And there you go and contradict yourself, yet again, and wonder why you have to explain what you mean.

Is that a question and its answer?

Why would anyone be surprised that an NRA "instructor" (LOL) would let his kid play with a gun? What an idiot.

only an idiot would not train a child how to properly handle and shoot a firearm.
Many Children have died because of your agenda that YOU support

Liar.

I have been very clear in my opinion that we should do everything we can to keep guns away from the very people the nutters want to arm: criminals, the mentally ill, known terrorists, illegal aliens.

Edited to add: AND, high capacity clips.

Disagree with that if you want but don't lie.

(Actually, you can lie all you want and that IS what the nutters do. If they told only the truth, they would have nothing to say.)

Liar.

I have been very clear in my opinion that we should do everything we can to keep guns away from the very people the nutters want to arm: criminals, the mentally ill, known terrorists, illegal aliens.

You call me a liar but you post this.
1. YOU support an agenda that would disarm law abiding citizens and leave criminal armed

2. No one who supports the second amendment wants crazy people armed

3. So I guess you're saying the right wing are terrorist?

4. BIG lie on your part your side supports illegals being here not my side.
So stop calling someone a liar when you lied right out of the gate.

A certified firearms instructor for the NRA

Why would anyone be surprised that an NRA "instructor" (LOL) would let his kid play with a gun? What an idiot.

Apparently you've gone off half cocked again. The boy in question has passed a Hunters Safety Course. From all appearances the boy is not playing with the gun, and is posing properly for the photo with his finger off the trigger.
Since you obviously are not familiar with weapons and have not fully read the article, how can you really answer in such a biased way?

Filed under: General — Patterico @ 7:42 am
3/20/2013

Family gives their son a gun. Posts picture of proud child holding gun on Facebook. Child Protective Services is called, their home is raided, and police demand (without a warrant) to see all their guns:
The family’s trouble started Saturday night when Moore received an urgent text message from his wife. The Carneys Point Police Dept. and the New Jersey Dept. of Children and Families had raided their home.

Moore immediately called Nappen and rushed home to find officers demanding to check his guns and his gun safe.

Instead, he handed the cell phone to one of the officers – so they could speak with Nappen.

“If you have a warrant, you’re coming in,” Nappen told the officers. “If you don’t, then you’re not. That’s what privacy is all about.”

With his attorney on speaker phone, Moore instructed the officers to leave his home.

“I was told I was being unreasonable and that I was acting suspicious because I wouldn’t open my safe,” Moore wrote on the Delaware Open Carry website. “They told me they were going to get a search warrant. I told them to go ahead.”

Moore took this photo of police outside his home.

Nappen told Fox News the police wanted to inventory his firearms.

“”We said no way, it’s not happening,” he said. “This is a guy who is completely credentialed and his son is also credentialed.”​

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Patterico's Pontifications » Facebook Photo of Child Holding Gun Leads to a Law Enforcement Knock on the Door

Last edited:
These so-called do gooders that call the police about these things are hoping to instigate a tragedy. It's not about the "safety of the child' in this case.

A certified firearms instructor for the NRA

only an idiot would not train a child how to properly handle and shoot a firearm.
Many Children have died because of your agenda that YOU support
That is PRECISELY why so many children are accidentally maimed or killed by careless play with weapons. Lack of education and training...appropriate to the age of the student...is the culprit. It is NOT the guns that are a problem. Guns do not activate themselves. It is when they are mishandled that they fire by ACCIDENT and send a projectile toward something. Teaching children (of cognizance) how to safely handle and use real firearms is the best investment in gun control that we can make.

Yes, you can. Cap guns, guns that shoot sucker darts, cork guns...spark guns, and those guns that sound like an automatic weapon.

Yup, you can buy children toy guns.
...guns that shoot nerf balls, paint balls, water, air blasts...you name it! All these toy guns have the ability to sharpen the skills of the user when he gets to the real firearms. There's a point at which children should be taught the difference between a toy pistol and a real one.

I remember graduating from the cork gun...(with a string to retain the cork)...to the water gun...to the cap pistol...to the BB gun...to the single shot .22 bolt action...to the pump...to the shotgun, the big pistols and high powered rifles. I remember being taught how to safely handle firearms. Thank you, Daddy!

It's getting crazy with these gun control lefties.
It is kindled by the media coverage and the social networks. Instant communications!

Whats next? Kids that are given toy guns will be rounded up by the state because the parents are obviously unfit to raise the children?

Now see ... Here's the real problem with the nutters. They don't even know that toy guns don't kill little kids but REAL guns do.

Really gives an idea of how basic our laws and education needs to be.

Obviously, the intelligent adults really have their work cut out for them.

But if guns are evil, why is it ok to make toys of them? We're just teaching our children its ok to use guns by giving them toy guns. Its raising them in a "culture of violence", so toy gun or unloaded real gun, clearly any parent raising their kids up in a "gun culture" need to have their homes raided and kids hauled off to a state run child education center, where they can be raised proper. Right?

do you think minors should be allowed to go hunting with their parents ??

Not if the parent(s) have a brain and actually use it. And, of course, it depends on what they're hunting.

The source of this article can't be trusted so there's no way to know what really happened.

Does this mean that only parents that don't have a brain should be allowed to take their child hunting?

Forum List

Back