Police Sergeant Chokes Subordinate Officer -- Was He Wrong?

I know sunrise, fl---some very very violent criminals over there. The male cop was trying to arrest ANOTHER violent Black criminal and she was interfering. Putting everyone in danger.

The criminal wasn't being abused so why was she interfering is another question?

Because once the suspect is safely in the back of the car, you no longer gain anything by continuing an emotional tirade.
It makes everyone much LESS safe.

That female officer was apparently new or she wouldnt be interfering in the important work of protecing the public. She is not cut out for the job and they should find her a desk or some similar role.g

You forgot the [satire] and [/satire] markers.

You are trying to be sarcastic, but that is the only time you are ever right. She is clearly not cut out for this job. Yanking a sergeant by his belt? In what what world is that ever ok to do?

When the Seargent is escalating violence with abusive verbal conflict.

...only at the detriment of the communities they serve. Wherever you "reign in" cops, you will find horrible conditions for the citizens.

We did much better before 1900 when cops essentially did not exist in any significant number.

A trial? WTF?

If a person is fired from a public job, they can sue, and only then do we learn the closest to the actual truth, through sworn testimony.
Until then, we are all just extrapolating from our own person prejudices.
But the sergeant appears overly violent to me.

What an idiotic thing to say. Either you are this ignorant of the world in which you live, or you are just too stupid to come up with a better argument. Either way, its embarrassing.
Hey bro, where did you go??

You were supposed to tell me who you voted for in the last "police chief" elections in your city

For all we know she was dating the criminal and just upset that her b/f got arrested. She wasn't deescalating---her actions made the situation worse. Treatening to spray a criminal is not abuse.

Yes it IS abusive to threaten to spray someone when it is not necessary in order to defend from an attack.
To be sure, we would need a transcript, but it sure seems abusive.
And the physical reaction by the sergeant proves he is abusive.
In no way did he have justification or need to lay hands on the female cop.

I'm black.....but I am one of the rare good blacks....so its ok if I say I want to see a black guy get pummeled....shot if need be....

Let it be a deterrent to other violent thugs who think they can mouth off to the cops.....unless its a lady cop of course...he can call her a **** all day long...she doesn't belong in the uniform anyway

Being Black does not mean you are not crazy.
Mouthing off is a right.
It lets off steam safely.
Any cop who can not take that is not supposed to be a cop.
It does not at all help if a Black is discriminator and abusive.
All that means is you have been brainwashed over wealth.

Being Black does not mean you are not crazy.
Mouthing off is a right.
It lets off steam safely.
Any cop who can not take that is not supposed to be a cop.
It does not at all help if a Black is discriminator and abusive.
All that means is you have been brainwashed over wealth.
Well, I happen to know that my views happen to be the same views of very brilliant and successful and appropriate blacks like Candace Owens, Thomas Sowell and maybe 2 or 3 others...since there aren't that many "good blacks" in this country...

Are you saying you know more than intelligent thinkers like Candace Owens??

Right wingers are generally supportive of law enforcement unless they arrest right wing criminals like the Capitol insurrectionists. How do they live with this gnawing at their rancid souls ?

Right wingers are generally supportive of law enforcement unless they arrest right wing criminals like the Capitol insurrectionists. How do they live with this gnawing at their rancid souls ?
Judging by the majority of the comments and threads they post -- they are miserable......

Pullease (what a name for a police officer) is an old-school cop who has not realized what having a body cam means. Prior to the cams, police got away with that kind of shit all the time and honestly believed they were doing the right thing. He didn't pepper spray the arrested guy, he threatened to pepper spray him in an effort to gain compliance. Was the guy kicking the seat in front of him or trying to get out of the vehicle? Dunno, the article left that out.

Still, it was not the brightest thing for the woman officer to try to get physical with a large man displaying (apparently) out of control behavior.

We need far more training for police in how to be professional and not take every thing so goddamn personally. They need to think of the perps they come in contact with as animals, not worthy of eliciting an emotional response. They need to stop going into situations with people who are lawless and out of control and expecting "respect" from them. Control them, and if they can't control them, call for more backup who can get them under control.

As a teacher of kids with behavior issues such as emotional disturbance, oppositional-defiant disorder, severe ADHD, and autism, I was trained in how to restrain an acting out student. When a student was too much for one teacher, more were called in and the training was for the first teacher to step back and allow the arriving teachers to take over, just in case the first teacher might be experiencing the natural emotions of being defied and attacked.

The inexperienced officer should have asked her fellow officers for help.

On the other hand . . . the officers who were on scene when Derick Chauvin killed George Floyd during an apprehension gone wrong are still awaiting trial in legal limbo as the State and the Federal prosecutors decide who gets to take a crack at them first. At least one of them tried to convince Chauvin to get off of Floyd, but that was not enough to keep him from being treated like a murderer himself.

So maybe the female cop decided that it would be better to be fired for putting her hands on her sergeant than to spend years with her life turned upside down,

Our system is fucked up, is my main point, I guess . . .

Pullease (what a name for a police officer) is an old-school cop who has not realized what having a body cam means. Prior to the cams, police got away with that kind of shit all the time and honestly believed they were doing the right thing. He didn't pepper spray the arrested guy, he threatened to pepper spray him in an effort to gain compliance. Was the guy kicking the seat in front of him or trying to get out of the vehicle? Dunno, the article left that out.

Still, it was not the brightest thing for the woman officer to try to get physical with a large man displaying (apparently) out of control behavior.

We need far more training for police in how to be professional and not take every thing so goddamn personally. They need to think of the perps they come in contact with as animals, not worthy of eliciting an emotional response. They need to stop going into situations with people who are lawless and out of control and expecting "respect" from them. Control them, and if they can't control them, call for more backup who can get them under control.

As a teacher of kids with behavior issues such as emotional disturbance, oppositional-defiant disorder, severe ADHD, and autism, I was trained in how to restrain an acting out student. When a student was too much for one teacher, more were called in and the training was for the first teacher to step back and allow the arriving teachers to take over, just in case the first teacher might be experiencing the natural emotions of being defied and attacked.

The inexperienced officer should have asked her fellow officers for help.

On the other hand . . . the officers who were on scene when Derick Chauvin killed George Floyd during an apprehension gone wrong are still awaiting trial in legal limbo as the State and the Federal prosecutors decide who gets to take a crack at them first. At least one of them tried to convince Chauvin to get off of Floyd, but that was not enough to keep him from being treated like a murderer himself.

So maybe the female cop decided that it would be better to be fired for putting her hands on her sergeant than to spend years with her life turned upside down,

Our system is fucked up, is my main point, I guess . . .
Our system is fucked up -- but it aint because cops don't get enough breaks....

Many people in this country have been telling you the system is fucked up for decades -- but since they were of a certain demographic -- they were ignored....

Now with the introduction of cameras (both by civilians with cameras on their phones or police body cams) -- the rest of the country that had been ignoring the warnings -- now see what you just admitted to -- they see the shit that the cops have been getting away with for years.....and the solution WILL NOT BE to turn the cameras off

Well, I happen to know that my views happen to be the same views of very brilliant and successful and appropriate blacks like Candace Owens, Thomas Sowell and maybe 2 or 3 others...since there aren't that many "good blacks" in this country...

Are you saying you know more than intelligent thinkers like Candace Owens??

Candice Owens is the one telling people to take colloidal silver.
So I know I am a LOT smarter than Candice Owens.
She is more articulate than I, but not smarter.
I have run into Blacks as intelligent as I, but anyone who buys into the current criminal justice system, is not intelligent, but instead brainwashed.
The current criminal justice system is fatally flawed over things like unfair land and tax laws, the War on Drugs, mandated sentences, asset forfeiture, domestic terrorism laws, etc.
Anyone accepting any of these obviously criminal abuses by an obviously criminal legislative and executive, is not a critical thinker.

Forum List

Back