Police Shoot and Kill Teen

In the end the cop shot into a car full of kids. Not worth it.

Definitely worth it. The driver tried to hit a cop.

Perfectly justifiable shooting...

If there was any concern it wasn't his car it would have been stated in the video.
Were those kids a danger to society?

Yes.

They tried to elude a cop. That, alone, tells me there's something amiss...

It was a long chase.

Exactly. It was a long chase.

Why?

You say the police should have gone to the home. Well, this dipshit took them on a 15 mile chase and showed no inclination to return to his home, which is what scared kids often do...
Just a heads up... There are quotes in that attributed things to me that I didn't say.

He took off in his car and led them on a high speed chase. That’s enough to justify shooting him in most cases.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. When will people learn?

Up to 60 mph. Not really so high speed.

Depends what the speed limit is...
Exactly. 60 in a neighborhood could get some kid killed.

As can shooting into a car filled with kids.

And, apparently, the only person shot was the driver.

Excellent marksmanship on the part of the cop...

He took off in his car and led them on a high speed chase. That’s enough to justify shooting him in most cases.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. When will people learn?

Up to 60 mph. Not really so high speed.

Depends what the speed limit is...
Exactly. 60 in a neighborhood could get some kid killed.

As can shooting into a car filled with kids.
Yes, driving recklessly with others in your vehicle would put them at risk too.

itdoes ot take the driver and the vehicle to actually hit a cop it was stated the kid backed up hit a curb and then accelerated at the cop. The cop is not required to wait till he is hit to fire.

He looks white to me. Is this legal though? Shooting someone fleeing when there is no immediate threat to the cop?

I depends on whether the cop is telling the truth or not.

All kinds of video except for where the kid tried to hit the cop.

Yeah, I was slow to pick that up. From the video I assumed the white kid was shot immediately after fleeing. Somehow I missed the 15 mile chase not videoed

He looks white to me. Is this legal though? Shooting someone fleeing when there is no immediate threat to the cop?

Was he white? Oh well then.....it makes all those shootings/killings of black unarmed men/boys/women ok then.

It does.

Pest control.

Imagine being descended from people so fucking worthless that Africa didn't even want them.

Am I an asshole yet?

Felony fleeing an attempted murder with a vehicle?

I probably would have shot the little bastard myself.
Where is the "attempted murder"

"An overview shot of the officer shooting was released with the bodycam footage that depicts Mann driving backward before hitting a curb. Mann then is shown driving towards the deputy at high speed.

This is when sheriff’s officials say Deputy Gerardo Zazueta shot Mann..."

Video released of sheriff's deputy shooting, killing Modesto teen after high-speed chase

Still a lack of video (despite all the other video) of the car almost hitting the officer.

You know they are young. You have the license number. Go to the house and wait for him to return home or go pick him up tomorrow. The officer says "there are kids in the car" but yet they are willing to try and crash them.
Regardless of whose in the car, if the car being used as a lethal weapon or being driven in a manor that endangers everyone else on the road (especially if blowing through intersections), then it has to be stopped.

Putting young people's lives in danger is strictly on the driver, and the responsibility of anything that happens is strictly on the driver. The police are charged with keeping the public safe, and keeping the peace. If anyone challenges that in a very dangerous way, then they should be ready to take full responsibility for that and the outcomes. Leftist live in the world of fantasy and fictional la,la land.

Endangering the cops lives with a deadly weapon - his car - left them no choice

They couldnt just let him drive away

Why not? They had his license plate number, they knew who he was and where he lived.
I do some what agree with this, but without them knowing who exactly is driving the vehicle (could have been stolen), then they aren't obligated to do on the spot social work that gives them information about who is driving the vehicle in the heat of trying to save innocent public lives who are in the danger zone.

Forum List

Back