Police State: Cop Brutally Attacks 78 Year Old Grandma Delivering Cupcakes...

Same story I saw. Her version filled with emotional appeal by the "journalist". If he beat her she'd be dead. She was ignoring laws and trying to get around the fact that the legal custodian wasn't giving her access. You do that in court, you don't show up at school when you damn well please and show your ass. Armed with cupcakes or not. Some of you can't see past sensational headlines.
She didn't say he beat her. She said he pepper sprayed her and dragged her out of the car.

There was no law she was ignoring.
Sure there was. You can't go into schools when it amuses you to do so. And I was talking about the headlines, did you read it?

So get it from a more credible source: http://abc30.com/news/grandma-claim...her-in-front-of-clovis-unified-school/531845/
I read it a few hours ago.

I don't know why everyone is so eager to defend this cop and make her the villain. Being a rational, thinking person means knowing that most cops do a good job and make us safer, but it also means knowing that some cops are bad and not defending the cop every single time.
I didn't defend him. Try not to be so reactionary. You don't have all the facts and neither do I.

She didn't say he beat her. She said he pepper sprayed her and dragged her out of the car.

Sure there was. You can't go into schools when it amuses you to do so. And I was talking about the headlines, did you read it?

So get it from a more credible source: http://abc30.com/news/grandma-claim...her-in-front-of-clovis-unified-school/531845/

I don't know why everyone is so eager to defend this cop and make her the villain. Being a rational, thinking person means knowing that most cops do a good job and make us safer, but it also means knowing that some cops are bad and not defending the cop every single time.
I didn't defend him. Try not to be so reactionary. You don't have all the facts and neither do I.
Sorry.

I know, i know, she must have done something wrong. She deserved it. Probably an Al Kader too.

“And I was very frightened, and I told him to call the police and he said, ‘I am the police,'” said Poole.

Fresno, California – 78-year-old grandmother Mary Poole was brutally assaulted and pepper-sprayed by a police officer when she attempted to deliver cupcakes to her grandchildren at school.

The children’s parents are in the midst of a divorce and custody battle, so Mary wanted to do something nice for the children. She decided to deliver a gift in a neutral setting.

“I hadn’t seen my granddaughters for some time and I wanted to see them, and so I baked some cupcakes and bought some cookies for my granddaughters’ classroom,” Mary said.

When she arrived at the school she was met by a rude Clovis Unified police officer who told her that she was not allowed to visit the children because there was a restraining order against her. In reality, there was no restraining order against her and no legal reason to keep her out of the school.

The officer was either lying or was totally mistaken about the situation....

Read more at Cop Brutally Attacks 78-Year-Old Grandma For Delivering Cupcakes To Her Grandchildren The Free Thought Project

WOW, if it happened exactly like it was reported then the cop is criminally in the wrong and the quicker they get him off the beat the better. However, I learned my lesson with Trayvon Martin and I don't jump the gun.

Yes an old lady might be not be that much of a threat per se, but she could have done a few things to be threatening. I want to point out I am just being devil's advocate. First, the story admits there was a heated divorce going on. The mother might have told the school to be careful of the father and his mother, because they might kidnap the kids. That could have been why the officer was stationed there. The officer could have meant the school will not allow you to see the kids. She might have caused some have gotten irate and might have threatened to tell her son and he would take care of this. If she made a such a comment meaning her son would make it so she could see the kids, might have been interpreted as the son would come to the school and attack the officer.

Then when he saw her making the call he reacted on the perceived threat. She could have been more irate, she could have threatened hit him with her car. There are many things that could have happened.

But you can jump on the crazy blood thirty cop theory!

Pepper spraying her is brutally attacking her, as is dragging her from the car. You claimed it was said he beat her. You are incorrect.

You can't just waltz into a school these days. You must go through security. Someone apparently thought she had a right to be there.
A brutal attack is a beating, you are incorrect. I don't know if she was dragged from the car. Or sprayed. No one thought she should be there but her. That's why the SRO told her no. Granny is either senile or she was a liberal her whole life and never grew up.
Oh, of course. Cops never do wrong.
I didn't say that, you're going school girl on me. I said I don't know what if anything he did wrong. I said the story didn't make sense and was obviously sensationalistic. Which seems to be good enough for liberals.
But at the same time you felt the need to lie about what she said. She did not say she was beaten.

No, it shouldn't be that way but that is the way it is in practice. There is no logical reason that the penalty for killing a police officer is automatically the death penalty.
If you agree the primary function of police is to serve and protect the rich and politically powerful, automatic death penalty for killing one of those protectors is plainly logical.

One of the many, many, many reasons to get rid of the death penalty, because it's applied unequally and gives the state power to kill those less favored, blacks, poor people, etc.
Yeah, just like McVeigh (and MANY others).

No, it shouldn't be that way but that is the way it is in practice. There is no logical reason that the penalty for killing a police officer is automatically the death penalty.
If you agree the primary function of police is to serve and protect the rich and politically powerful, automatic death penalty for killing one of those protectors is plainly logical.
They were there when an asshole broke into my shop. I'm not rich and you don't know what you're babbling about.
But if that "asshole" had killed you would the death penalty be automatically imposed? In case you don't know, the answer is no.

Please focus your reasoning on the difference between primary and secondary.

Same story I saw. Her version filled with emotional appeal by the "journalist". If he beat her she'd be dead. She was ignoring laws and trying to get around the fact that the legal custodian wasn't giving her access. You do that in court, you don't show up at school when you damn well please and show your ass. Armed with cupcakes or not. Some of you can't see past sensational headlines.

Idlike to know the facts before condemning anyone. If he actually did anything to her I'd like to hear why he thought that was a good idea. The whole thing is a muddle.

Pepper spraying her is brutally attacking her, as is dragging her from the car. You claimed it was said he beat her. You are incorrect.

You can't just waltz into a school these days. You must go through security. Someone apparently thought she had a right to be there.
A brutal attack is a beating, you are incorrect. I don't know if she was dragged from the car. Or sprayed. No one thought she should be there but her. That's why the SRO told her no. Granny is either senile or she was a liberal her whole life and never grew up.
I didn't say that, you're going school girl on me. I said I don't know what if anything he did wrong. I said the story didn't make sense and was obviously sensationalistic. Which seems to be good enough for liberals.
But at the same time you felt the need to lie about what she said. She did not say she was beaten.
You're a retard. I was talking about the journalist and a brutal attack is a beating. Dumb fuck.

They were there when an asshole broke into my shop. I'm not rich and you don't know what you're babbling about.
But if that "asshole" had killed you would the death penalty be automatically imposed? In case you don't know, the answer is no.

Please focus your reasoning on the difference between primary and secondary.
Please focus on reality. No one said it was automatic. I am not rich. The cops saved my equipment. Idiot.

I know, i know, she must have done something wrong. She deserved it. Probably an Al Kader too.

“And I was very frightened, and I told him to call the police and he said, ‘I am the police,'” said Poole.

Fresno, California – 78-year-old grandmother Mary Poole was brutally assaulted and pepper-sprayed by a police officer when she attempted to deliver cupcakes to her grandchildren at school.

The children’s parents are in the midst of a divorce and custody battle, so Mary wanted to do something nice for the children. She decided to deliver a gift in a neutral setting.

“I hadn’t seen my granddaughters for some time and I wanted to see them, and so I baked some cupcakes and bought some cookies for my granddaughters’ classroom,” Mary said.

When she arrived at the school she was met by a rude Clovis Unified police officer who told her that she was not allowed to visit the children because there was a restraining order against her. In reality, there was no restraining order against her and no legal reason to keep her out of the school.

Read more at Cop Brutally Attacks 78-Year-Old Grandma For Delivering Cupcakes To Her Grandchildren The Free Thought Project

Since when are non-staff allowed to be on school property for ANY reason?

Since when are non-staff allowed to be on school property for ANY reason?

Right. Parents and family never come to see there kids at school.

You're a retard. I was talking about the journalist and a brutal attack is a beating. Dumb fuck.
I hope you aren't a cop. Liars with short tempers should not be cops.

I hope you aren't a cop. Liars with short tempers should not be cops.
Like I said, you're a retard.

It's time to stop this Militarization of our Police. We need to stop unleashing rabid mongoloid cops onto the Citizens. The goal is to 'Protect and Serve.' It's not to beat 78 year old Grandmas half to death for trying to deliver cup cakes to their grandchildren. We need immediate change in how we train our Police.
The problem is "our" police are really not ours.

Even if civilian police, themselves, are not aware of it they exist to protect and serve the rich and politically powerful! This fact was casually and unintentionally affirmed by former New York City Mayor, Michael Bloomberg, a multi-billionaire who served three terms in spite of the two-term regulation, and who was fond of saying the NYPD was his "private army." He wasn't kidding -- even if he thought he was.

The rich and politically powerful are not about to disrupt the system that empowers them by offending the armed, uniformed agents of the State, who protect and serve them, by punishing those protectors for occasionally brutalizing an ordinary, or less than ordinary, citizen.

I try to be more optimistic, but i hear what you're saying. Sadly, you're probably right.

What if a cop was brutally assaulting your Mother or Grandmother? What would you do? It's a very tough question. I'd be very interested in hearing what most peoples' answers would be. Would you just watch it happen? Would you act?
It's not a tough question, I'd eliminate the assailant assaulting my family.

You sound like you pine for an excuse to shoot a cop.
So you'd allow a cop to assault your grandmother?

We've detected Marxist in Right-wing clothing.

I wouldn't shoot him.

What would you do?

It's not a tough question, I'd eliminate the assailant assaulting my family.

You sound like you pine for an excuse to shoot a cop.
So you'd allow a cop to assault your grandmother?

We've detected Marxist in Right-wing clothing.

I wouldn't shoot him.

Sorry, but if I feel that anyone, cop or no cop, is engaging in activity that might result in death or grievous bodily harm to one of my family, I am totally justified in using deadly force to remove the threat.

If my grandmother were being arrested, even after being put forcefully to the ground, I wouldn't shoot a cop. There are other remedies that don't involve anyone dying.

Why are so many people looking for reasons to shoot cops? How deep does this cop hate run?

So you'd stand there and watch while your Mother or Grandmother gets tasered and brutally beaten?

I know it's a tough one, but i'll present the question again. This question is especially for the Authority-Worshippers...

What would you do if it were your Mother or Grandmother being tasered and brutally beaten? Do you choose your loved one, or do you choose your Police?

Forum List

Back