Police State: Cop Brutally Attacks 78 Year Old Grandma Delivering Cupcakes...

Link? All I've seen are multiple reports copying the original story.

{
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) --
A grandmother nearly 80 years old has filed a lawsuit against Clovis Unified claiming she was manhandled by an officer and left with more than $180,000 in medical bills.

Mary Poole was dropping off treats last year at Kastner Intermediate School. She says the Clovis Unified police officer asked her to leave because of a court order against her. But what happened after that... Is what she feels was excessive and unjust.

Court documents claim the officer sprayed pepper spray in the woman's face twice during a confrontation in front of the school. She ended up with a dislocated shoulder and fracture, and pain she says is just now starting to subside.

Poole says she had nothing but good intentions last April, when she showed up at Kastner Intermediate to give her granddaughters baked treats after school. For several years, she was the guardian of her son's daughters, but a custody dispute between their parents left her unable to see the girls.}

http://abc30.com/news/grandma-claim...her-in-front-of-clovis-unified-school/531845/
Same story I saw. Her version filled with emotional appeal by the "journalist". If he beat her she'd be dead. She was ignoring laws and trying to get around the fact that the legal custodian wasn't giving her access. You do that in court, you don't show up at school when you damn well please and show your ass. Armed with cupcakes or not. Some of you can't see past sensational headlines.
She didn't say he beat her. She said he pepper sprayed her and dragged her out of the car.

There was no law she was ignoring.
Sure there was. You can't go into schools when it amuses you to do so. And I was talking about the headlines, did you read it?

{
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) --
A grandmother nearly 80 years old has filed a lawsuit against Clovis Unified claiming she was manhandled by an officer and left with more than $180,000 in medical bills.

Mary Poole was dropping off treats last year at Kastner Intermediate School. She says the Clovis Unified police officer asked her to leave because of a court order against her. But what happened after that... Is what she feels was excessive and unjust.

Court documents claim the officer sprayed pepper spray in the woman's face twice during a confrontation in front of the school. She ended up with a dislocated shoulder and fracture, and pain she says is just now starting to subside.

Poole says she had nothing but good intentions last April, when she showed up at Kastner Intermediate to give her granddaughters baked treats after school. For several years, she was the guardian of her son's daughters, but a custody dispute between their parents left her unable to see the girls.}

http://abc30.com/news/grandma-claim...her-in-front-of-clovis-unified-school/531845/
Same story I saw. Her version filled with emotional appeal by the "journalist". If he beat her she'd be dead. She was ignoring laws and trying to get around the fact that the legal custodian wasn't giving her access. You do that in court, you don't show up at school when you damn well please and show your ass. Armed with cupcakes or not. Some of you can't see past sensational headlines.
She didn't say he beat her. She said he pepper sprayed her and dragged her out of the car.

Sure there was. You can't go into schools when it amuses you to do so. And I was talking about the headlines, did you read it?

Pepper spraying her is brutally attacking her, as is dragging her from the car. You claimed it was said he beat her. You are incorrect.

You can't just waltz into a school these days. You must go through security. Someone apparently thought she had a right to be there.

{
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) --

Pepper spraying her is brutally attacking her, as is dragging her from the car. You claimed it was said he beat her. You are incorrect.

You can't just waltz into a school these days. You must go through security. Someone apparently thought she had a right to be there.
A brutal attack is a beating, you are incorrect. I don't know if she was dragged from the car. Or sprayed. No one thought she should be there but her. That's why the SRO told her no. Granny is either senile or she was a liberal her whole life and never grew up.

You sound like you pine for an excuse to shoot a cop.
So you'd allow a cop to assault your grandmother?

We've detected Marxist in Right-wing clothing.

I wouldn't shoot him.

Sorry, but if I feel that anyone, cop or no cop, is engaging in activity that might result in death or grievous bodily harm to one of my family, I am totally justified in using deadly force to remove the threat.

If my grandmother were being arrested, even after being put forcefully to the ground, I wouldn't shoot a cop. There are other remedies that don't involve anyone dying.

Why are so many people looking for reasons to shoot cops? How deep does this cop hate run?

If a cop is endangering the life of one of my family for no good reason, then he's a criminal, not a cop. Granted, I may not need to shoot him/her to end the threat, but I WILL end the threat by whatever means necessary.

Yeah, I hate cops so much I became one just to spite myself...as well as my father, who was also a cop, plus my uncle...who was a cop...and of course my great grandfather...who was a cop. Moron.

You don't sound like a cop.

So you'd allow a cop to assault your grandmother?

We've detected Marxist in Right-wing clothing.

I wouldn't shoot him.

Sorry, but if I feel that anyone, cop or no cop, is engaging in activity that might result in death or grievous bodily harm to one of my family, I am totally justified in using deadly force to remove the threat.

If my grandmother were being arrested, even after being put forcefully to the ground, I wouldn't shoot a cop. There are other remedies that don't involve anyone dying.

Why are so many people looking for reasons to shoot cops? How deep does this cop hate run?

If a cop is endangering the life of one of my family for no good reason, then he's a criminal, not a cop. Granted, I may not need to shoot him/her to end the threat, but I WILL end the threat by whatever means necessary.

Yeah, I hate cops so much I became one just to spite myself...as well as my father, who was also a cop, plus my uncle...who was a cop...and of course my great grandfather...who was a cop. Moron.

I am no longer a cop...but I am curious, what does a cop sound like? I am always up for a good new stereotype.

I wouldn't shoot him.

I am no longer a cop...but I am curious, what does a cop sound like? I am always up for a good new stereotype.

A cop knows shit about police work. You painted a fanciful scenario that proves you don't have a freakin clue about police procedures.

{
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) --

So get it from a more credible source: http://abc30.com/news/grandma-claim...her-in-front-of-clovis-unified-school/531845/

78 year old grannny ...delivering cupcakes..... brutally attacked by cop.....

...the tear sitting on the edge of the eye...always ready to roll

gotta love these kind of threads :rolleyes:

No, it shouldn't be that way but that is the way it is in practice. There is no logical reason that the penalty for killing a police officer is automatically the death penalty.
If you agree the primary (although not openly declared) role of the police is that of serving and protecting the rich and politically powerful, then the automatic death penalty for killing one of those protectors is plainly logical.

Last edited:

{
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) --

So get it from a more credible source: http://abc30.com/news/grandma-claim...her-in-front-of-clovis-unified-school/531845/
I read it a few hours ago.

{
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) --

A brutal attack is a beating, you are incorrect. I don't know if she was dragged from the car. Or sprayed. No one thought she should be there but her. That's why the SRO told her no. Granny is either senile or she was a liberal her whole life and never grew up.
Oh, of course. Cops never do wrong.

No, it shouldn't be that way but that is the way it is in practice. There is no logical reason that the penalty for killing a police officer is automatically the death penalty.
If you agree the primary function of police is to serve and protect the rich and politically powerful, automatic death penalty for killing one of those protectors is plainly logical.

One of the many, many, many reasons to get rid of the death penalty, because it's applied unequally and gives the state power to kill those less favored, blacks, poor people, etc.

If you agree the primary function of police is to serve and protect the rich and politically powerful, automatic death penalty for killing one of those protectors is plainly logical.
They were there when an asshole broke into my shop. I'm not rich and you don't know what you're babbling about.

{
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) --

I read it a few hours ago.

I don't know why everyone is so eager to defend this cop and make her the villain. Being a rational, thinking person means knowing that most cops do a good job and make us safer, but it also means knowing that some cops are bad and not defending the cop every single time.

I didn't say that, you're going school girl on me. I said I don't know what if anything he did wrong. I said the story didn't make sense and was obviously sensationalistic. Which seems to be good enough for liberals.

Beginning to think some people belief that. Sheesh!

Forum List

Back