Police state national ID card tucked in immigration bill

That suggests to me thst you side with illegals and criminals over American citizens. The ability to determine who is and is not a US Citizen immediately and without doubt is crucial to national security

Not me. I side with liberty over cowardice. Keep your jackboot wet-dreams to yourself.
. Hmm, how is it that Montrovant is tagged with the post instead of the author of the post being tagged with it ??

It happens sometimes. An accidental keystroke, maybe an internet connection hiccup, even just some sort of glitch with the board programming. :dunno:
. I had a situation where it happened to me, but there was words actually added to it in order to make it appear that I said things I didn't say. :cuckoo:...

That sort of intentional quote changing is against the board rules, I believe.

Accidentally getting the wrong poster's name listed as the author of a quote, on the other hand, is something that happens now and again, and can happen to anyone. I wouldn't expect dblack to do something like that intentionally, as I've never had any particular issues with him; and, as it turns out, he noticed the mixup and went back in to correct it. :) Just an honest mistake.

That suggests to me thst you side with illegals and criminals over American citizens. The ability to determine who is and is not a US Citizen immediately and without doubt is crucial to national security

Not me. I side with liberty over cowardice. Keep your jackboot wet-dreams to yourself.
. Hmm, how is it that Montrovant is tagged with the post instead of the author of the post being tagged with it ??

It happens sometimes. An accidental keystroke, maybe an internet connection hiccup, even just some sort of glitch with the board programming. :dunno:
. I had a situation where it happened to me, but there was words actually added to it in order to make it appear that I said things I didn't say. :cuckoo:...

That sort of intentional quote changing is against the board rules, I believe.

Accidentally getting the wrong poster's name listed as the author of a quote, on the other hand, is something that happens now and again, and can happen to anyone. I wouldn't expect dblack to do something like that intentionally, as I've never had any particular issues with him; and, as it turns out, he noticed the mixup and went back in to correct it. :) Just an honest mistake.
. Good deal.. I had to report mine.

Does she not share your political views?

She's a woman, so she doesn't have political beliefs. Nor do wither of us believe in woman being in any sort of dominant position, politically, business-wise or sexually.

So maybe you could find a male to satisfy your desire to be dominated. Doesn't have to be a sexual thing.

So maybe you could find a male to satisfy your desire to be dominated. Doesn't have to be a sexual thing.

I have no desire to be dominated. I have a desire to live in a decent, moral Society where there is a place for everyone and everyone is in their place.

I have no desire to be dominated. I have a desire to live in a decent, moral Society where there is a place for everyone and everyone is in their place.

Well, everyone has different conceptions of decent and moral, so if your "decent moral Society" thinks you're out of line, you're gonna get dominated. Ever considered that?

Well, everyone has different conceptions of decent and moral, so if your "decent moral Society" thinks you're out of line, you're gonna get dominated. Ever considered that?

There is a singular, universal definition for a moral and decent society, whether people agree with it or not.

A moral and decent society doesn't dominate people. It expells or exterminates them.

There is a singular, universal definition for a moral and decent society, whether people agree with it or not.

A moral and decent society doesn't dominate people. It expells or exterminates them.

Right, but - I think you're not reading my post. What happens when the people in charge don't agree with your conception of right and wrong?

Authoritarians never seem to consider that the powerful government they desire can be used against them. Sooner or later, someone you don't like will get elected, and then they'll be ramming their shit down your throat.

It's not the idea of a national ID itself that I find bothersome, but the idea of a mandatory ID, and an ID which requires the government create and maintain a database with personal identifying information of American citizens. A national picture ID card, like a state ID card or driver's license, wouldn't bother me. It just should not be mandatory, nor allow the federal government to force people to give over things like fingerprints, retinal scans, or DNA information.

Yeah... um, okay. I guess that word "mandatory" sends people into fits.

the thing is, with so much identity theft going on, we should probably do this for practical reasons.

LOL... How did this country ever make it to be so great until the millennial's came along to show us all the err of our ways ???? All I know is that these crisis's are being created to control us over time. I guess people will have to finally arrive to see it all for what it is, and they will soon enough.

Do you need to have your tinfoil hat adjusted.

Oh, more of a baby-boomer than a millenial, and here's the thing. If you don't need an ID< you aren't doing anything in your life that's worthwhile.

Right, but - I think you're not reading my post. What happens when the people in charge don't agree with your conception of right and wrong?

Assimilate, leave, revolt. Those are the three options.

Authoritarians never seem to consider that the powerful government they desire can be used against them. Sooner or later, someone you don't like will get elected, and then they'll be ramming their shit down your throat.

The type of Society in talking about doesn't give elected officials (or anyone else) the ability to add, remove, or chsnge the rules of Society. Elected officials exist solely to carry out the enforcement of the Foundational documents of the Society. Nothing more.

It's not the idea of a national ID itself that I find bothersome, but the idea of a mandatory ID, and an ID which requires the government create and maintain a database with personal identifying information of American citizens. A national picture ID card, like a state ID card or driver's license, wouldn't bother me. It just should not be mandatory, nor allow the federal government to force people to give over things like fingerprints, retinal scans, or DNA information.

Yeah... um, okay. I guess that word "mandatory" sends people into fits.

the thing is, with so much identity theft going on, we should probably do this for practical reasons.

How would a federal ID limit identity theft? Or do you mean we should make biometric ID cards, whether at the state or federal level?

Montrovant is very close in presupposing our forthcoming thread in Immigration forum, where we'll try to show that both state and federal levels are faulty. Badger2 has two uncashed Social Security checks because of no photo ID, and will be showing these to Americans in three real-time dimensions so that they will know that what we are saying is true.

The uncashed checks have badger2's name on them. Who is obligated to prove or disprove identity, even before the issue of address? Thus, the contradiction links to the vets of Eugene, Oregon (state level) but the SS requires a photo ID and (apparently) an address, which is also state level, by default.

How would a federal ID limit identity theft? Or do you mean we should make biometric ID cards, whether at the state or federal level?

biometrics would be nice . But even a system where you can type in the persons name, and a picture pops up would do the trick.

Require it for all employment and government benefits,,, it works fine.

Forum List

Back