Political correctness: how the right invented a phantom enemy

Yeah, time was when the popular puritans were right wingers, and the left was all about freedom of speech. Now the right wing's screamin about being censored, and all the popular puritanism is coming from the left. Times they be a-changing!

Come gather around people
Wherever you roam
And admit that the waters
Around you have grown
And accept that new leftists
Their cover is blown
As they stand fierce as censors deranging
Then you better start swimming or you'll sink like a stone
For the times they are a-changing

Yeah, time was when the popular puritans were right wingers, and the left was all about freedom of speech. Now the right wing's screamin about being censored, and all the popular puritanism is coming from the left. Times they be a-changing!

Wherever you roam
Around you have grown
Their cover is blown
You dont change though.You are still a lying fuck.

Political correctness: how the right invented a phantom enemy | Moira Weigel

Throughout an erratic campaign, Trump consistently blasted political correctness, blaming it for an extraordinary range of ills and using the phrase to deflect any and every criticism. During the first debate of the Republican primaries, Fox News host Megyn Kelly asked Trump how he would answer the charge that he was “part of the war on women”.

“You’ve called women you don’t like ‘fat pigs,’ ‘dogs,’ ‘slobs,’ and ‘disgusting animals’,” Kelly pointed out. “You once told a contestant on Celebrity Apprentice it would be a pretty picture to see her on her knees …”

“I think the big problem this country has is being politically correct,” Trump answered, to audience applause. “I’ve been challenged by so many people, I don’t frankly have time for total political correctness. And to be honest with you, this country doesn’t have time either.”

Surely PC is another word for good manners ?

Trump played the PC card every time he got called on something obnoxious.

Time was when the so-called moral majority on the Right despised people like Howard Stern; now they've elected a Howard Stern wannabe as president.
So PC is Trumps "race card" ?
There is a huge sense that the extreme right wingers are oppressed and victimised. Mainly because they get called out on times they act like arseholes.

Throughout an erratic campaign, Trump consistently blasted political correctness, blaming it for an extraordinary range of ills and using the phrase to deflect any and every criticism. During the first debate of the Republican primaries, Fox News host Megyn Kelly asked Trump how he would answer the charge that he was “part of the war on women”.

“You’ve called women you don’t like ‘fat pigs,’ ‘dogs,’ ‘slobs,’ and ‘disgusting animals’,” Kelly pointed out. “You once told a contestant on Celebrity Apprentice it would be a pretty picture to see her on her knees …”

“I think the big problem this country has is being politically correct,” Trump answered, to audience applause. “I’ve been challenged by so many people, I don’t frankly have time for total political correctness. And to be honest with you, this country doesn’t have time either.”

Tell that to conservatives who try to speak on college campuses.....or the Trump supporters beaten, shot and attacked.......

When Trump used the term "anchor babies" the entire MSM got a case of the vapors.

Time was when the so-called moral majority on the Right despised people like Howard Stern; now they've elected a Howard Stern wannabe as president.
There is a huge sense that the extreme right wingers are oppressed and victimised. Mainly because they get called out on times they act like arseholes.

We hate the left, we hate their guts if that makes us assholes so be it.

We hate the left, we hate their guts if that makes us assholes so be it.
I dont think its just that matey.

Wherever you roam
Around you have grown
Their cover is blown

Oh, you poor, delusional troll, you.

I would have said "poor delusional little troll", but just look at you. It's time to step away from the buffets, Mr Taint.

Political Correctness is really a Misnomer it is really just Leftist Stupidity. The idea that some faction of misbehaving piles of dogshit have the right to act like scum, and then not be called out on it is STUPID as hell just like all of the things they do and vomit out. My advice for you leftie igmos is that >>> We are tired of your damn threats, we are tired of your damn lies, we are tired of your damn intimidation, we are tired of the vile shit you try to force us to accept, we are tired of seeing you, we are tired of hearing you, we are tired of letting you exist, That is what the change is all about, If you can't grasp how badly you are despised by the vast MAJORITY of people in this country all I can do to help you is suggest all you pukeheads keep quiet, and stay away from lighted places. If not we can't be responsible for what may happen to you. After all there are a lot of fire ant hills springing up, and you never know when you may happen to cut your belly open and find yourself lying across one with the ants already eating your guts when you come to. Think you have any idea how bad things can get< GUESS AGAIN !!!! I have seen some animals that had the enlightening experience of getting covered with those fire ants, Hard to tell what happened to a skeleton if there are no holes or any scrap of anything else on it. You know there are some really bad people out there, I happen to know some of them personally and they make the worst thugs in the hood look like monks. They are getting tired of being fucked with by leftist shit, and being called vile names by the lowest scum on earth. <<<<<<Guess I can't help you since your ego, vanity and perceived superiority won't let you accept reality<<<<<< Just be careful in the REAL WORLD I would hate to hear the world had been cleared of the best jokes out there.

Political Correctness is really a Misnomer it is really just Leftist Stupidity.
Oh, it's not stupidity. It has been incredibly successful for them for at least two generations now. That's pretty goddamn smart if you ask me.

They were able to leverage this dishonest, cowardly, destructive force into great political advantage for quite a while. What they didn't see was that they were fooling very few people, nor did they see the depth and the breadth of this reservoir of anger and frustration their tactics caused.

And now, just as they thought they had permanent advantage, all the anger and frustration they caused rose up and kicked them squarely in the ass.

As this thread and the article linked to it indicate, they find themselves in abject denial about what happened. They can't even bring themselves to admit that Political Correctness - a central motivating force that created the energy that brought them down - even exists.

Incredible to watch.

Political Correctness means many different things to different people. It's an almost meaningless term.

The first I heard of it was from Mao's little red book. Basically it meant to think twice before you speak so they don't shoot you.

Next, it's liberal politicians being very very careful to never ever say anything that could possibly offend anyone anywhere. This got to a point where liberal politicians were saying exactly NOTHING! They talked and talked but were careful to say NOTHING. Why they're so afraid of offending Conservatives I don't know, Conservatives wouldn't vote for the anyway.

Next, there's corporate PC. Don't say or do anything to offend your fellow employees. Do not create a hostile environment, do not harass women. I agree with this type of PC. An employer hires you to work. It's not up to you to chose who you fellow employees are, it's not up to you to bully, harass or give them a hard time. It's up to you to work with the people that your employers has chosen to hire.

Next, there's right wing PC. This was evident during the Republican Presidential primary debates. So many of the moderate candidates were wiggly wiggly to not say ANYTHING to offend or disagree with the party's far right constituency. I was funny to watch them. You could tell that they didn't believe the things they were saying and not saying the things they believed. Trump monopolized on this! He said all the things the the far far right wanted to hear - despite the fact that he didn't believe a word of what he was saying - he isn't an idiot he just acts like one. A whole new type of PC.
There is no "far far right" in countries influenced by the Enlightenment, dumbass.

ISIS is the far far right and only the new left tolerates their shit.

This is exactly what I mean by Trump's new PC. You're saying absolutely idiotic things that have no basis in reality. Just being nasty and stupid.

No, moron, the left does not tolerate ISIS. No more than you do. The Obama administration has been using the best military strategy possible to eliminate them. Carpet bombing is idiotic unless you just want to commit mass murder. We have precision guided weapons nowadays. WWII was a long time ago technologically.

If there is anyone who is reversing the enlightenment is the far right. Logic, reason and truth are their enemy. They live in a world of believing whatever they want to believe in defiance of facts. They live in a world of paranoid delusions and fantasy.

Sorry, but the far left is just as guilty of reversing the enlightenment as the far right. The enlightenment saw the dissemination of the idea that governments should treat each individual equally and with basic human dignity. Social Justice, the new far leftism as it is manifest here in the US, is essentially built around an oppressor-oppressed narrative that's used to justify unequal treatment of different people based on the circumstances of their birth, and in some instances even used to push the idea that, again based on these birth circumstances, it's sometimes just to suspend the humanity of individuals just for belonging to certain demographics.

I'd say that the social justice left and the alt right were essentially mirrors of each other, but oddly I see proponents for both of these points on the political spectrum blasting hate at the Jews, so the image isn't -perfectly- inverse. That said, it's the same race/gender based animus, just aimed generally in opposite directions, and neither group is ever far from calling for genocide.

The biggest issue that separates the left from the right is that the left believes that government should evolve and right does not. The enlightenment and the creation of the U.S. Constitution happened at a time when the majority of the world's population lived off the land. America was a sea faring, agrarian and pioneering nation. People's lives were more affected by the weather than by the stock exchange.

The industrial revolution changed everything about existence for humanity. When the mortgage companies screw up, workers in the auto industry lose there jobs. Everyone is economically interdependent. It became clear early in the industrial revolution that pure capitalism was an absolute disaster for the vast majority of the people. Just after overthrowing rule by monarchies, industrialization condemned then to a whole new type of slavery. That's when solutions were invented to make industrialization survival for the majority of the people. Liberalism proposed modified capitalism...i.e. the government starting just enough regulation and programs to make industrialization survivable. Communism proposed absolute ownership and control by the government...in a way that was as bad or worse than pure capitalism.

So when you say that the enlightenment proposed that the government only go as far as treating individuals equally instead of favoring people of lesser circumstance you are correct. Liberalism is an evolution of the enlightenment. It takes the economics of industrialization into account and realizes that if people are not economically equal...or at least have a fair chance economically, they are not being treated equally by the government.

The government allowing a persons status to be determined by the circumstance of their birth is another way of reinstating monarchy. People's status should be based on their personal achievements and everyone should have an equal opportunity to achieve.

Then you object to Affirmative Action? It has put the unqualified in positions of responsibility.

No it doesn't. It simply says that when two candidates of equal ability apply, the disadvantaged applicant gets the job. The white male is not the disadvantaged applicant.

Political Correctness is really a Misnomer it is really just Leftist Stupidity. The idea that some faction of misbehaving piles of dogshit have the right to act like scum, and then not be called out on it is STUPID as hell just like all of the things they do and vomit out. My advice for you leftie igmos is that >>> We are tired of your damn threats, we are tired of your damn lies, we are tired of your damn intimidation, we are tired of the vile shit you try to force us to accept, we are tired of seeing you, we are tired of hearing you, we are tired of letting you exist, That is what the change is all about, If you can't grasp how badly you are despised by the vast MAJORITY of people in this country all I can do to help you is suggest all you pukeheads keep quiet, and stay away from lighted places. If not we can't be responsible for what may happen to you. After all there are a lot of fire ant hills springing up, and you never know when you may happen to cut your belly open and find yourself lying across one with the ants already eating your guts when you come to. Think you have any idea how bad things can get< GUESS AGAIN !!!! I have seen some animals that had the enlightening experience of getting covered with those fire ants, Hard to tell what happened to a skeleton if there are no holes or any scrap of anything else on it. You know there are some really bad people out there, I happen to know some of them personally and they make the worst thugs in the hood look like monks. They are getting tired of being fucked with by leftist shit, and being called vile names by the lowest scum on earth. <<<<<<Guess I can't help you since your ego, vanity and perceived superiority won't let you accept reality<<<<<< Just be careful in the REAL WORLD I would hate to hear the world had been cleared of the best jokes out there.

25% of eligible voters voted in favour of the orange clown. 54% of those who voted, voted AGAINST the orange clown.

He's not all that and a bag of peanuts, and your victory, aside from being as hollow as your brain, will get you NOTHING.

Tell that to conservatives who try to speak on college campuses.....or the Trump supporters beaten, shot and attacked.......

When Trump used the term "anchor babies" the entire MSM got a case of the vapors.

What really gave them fits.....when he ignored them and continued to use it...did you hear the press conference where the reporter said that "Anchor Baby" was insulting......and then Trump asked the reporter for a better term...the reporter went into a long, brain dead definition...and Trump said...you know what...I'll just use anchor baby.......that was a great moment...

Then Jeb tried to do the same thing...and spent 3 days walking the comment back.....

Which is why we have President Trump and not President Jeb....

Wherever you roam
Around you have grown
Their cover is blown

I would have said "poor delusional little troll", but just look at you. It's time to step away from the buffets, Mr Taint.
Hmmm. Game over.
Next time you make accusations then at least make an effort to back them up. You will then avoid looking like a total twat.

There is no "far far right" in countries influenced by the Enlightenment, dumbass.

This is exactly what I mean by Trump's new PC. You're saying absolutely idiotic things that have no basis in reality. Just being nasty and stupid.

No, moron, the left does not tolerate ISIS. No more than you do. The Obama administration has been using the best military strategy possible to eliminate them. Carpet bombing is idiotic unless you just want to commit mass murder. We have precision guided weapons nowadays. WWII was a long time ago technologically.

If there is anyone who is reversing the enlightenment is the far right. Logic, reason and truth are their enemy. They live in a world of believing whatever they want to believe in defiance of facts. They live in a world of paranoid delusions and fantasy.

Sorry, but the far left is just as guilty of reversing the enlightenment as the far right. The enlightenment saw the dissemination of the idea that governments should treat each individual equally and with basic human dignity. Social Justice, the new far leftism as it is manifest here in the US, is essentially built around an oppressor-oppressed narrative that's used to justify unequal treatment of different people based on the circumstances of their birth, and in some instances even used to push the idea that, again based on these birth circumstances, it's sometimes just to suspend the humanity of individuals just for belonging to certain demographics.

I'd say that the social justice left and the alt right were essentially mirrors of each other, but oddly I see proponents for both of these points on the political spectrum blasting hate at the Jews, so the image isn't -perfectly- inverse. That said, it's the same race/gender based animus, just aimed generally in opposite directions, and neither group is ever far from calling for genocide.

The biggest issue that separates the left from the right is that the left believes that government should evolve and right does not. The enlightenment and the creation of the U.S. Constitution happened at a time when the majority of the world's population lived off the land. America was a sea faring, agrarian and pioneering nation. People's lives were more affected by the weather than by the stock exchange.

The industrial revolution changed everything about existence for humanity. When the mortgage companies screw up, workers in the auto industry lose there jobs. Everyone is economically interdependent. It became clear early in the industrial revolution that pure capitalism was an absolute disaster for the vast majority of the people. Just after overthrowing rule by monarchies, industrialization condemned then to a whole new type of slavery. That's when solutions were invented to make industrialization survival for the majority of the people. Liberalism proposed modified capitalism...i.e. the government starting just enough regulation and programs to make industrialization survivable. Communism proposed absolute ownership and control by the government...in a way that was as bad or worse than pure capitalism.

So when you say that the enlightenment proposed that the government only go as far as treating individuals equally instead of favoring people of lesser circumstance you are correct. Liberalism is an evolution of the enlightenment. It takes the economics of industrialization into account and realizes that if people are not economically equal...or at least have a fair chance economically, they are not being treated equally by the government.

The government allowing a persons status to be determined by the circumstance of their birth is another way of reinstating monarchy. People's status should be based on their personal achievements and everyone should have an equal opportunity to achieve.

Then you object to Affirmative Action? It has put the unqualified in positions of responsibility.

No it doesn't. It simply says that when two candidates of equal ability apply, the disadvantaged applicant gets the job. The white male is not the disadvantaged applicant.
And you idiots call white people racists for voting against your party....

25% of eligible voters voted in favour of the orange clown. 54% of those who voted, voted AGAINST the orange clown.

He's not all that and a bag of peanuts, and your victory, aside from being as hollow as your brain, will get you NOTHING.
The same percentage voted AGAINST the corrupt criminal Hillary. You seem to object to the way democracy works. That's what leftwing douche bags always do when they lose.

Wherever you roam
Around you have grown
Their cover is blown

Hmmm. Game over.
Next time you make accusations then at least make an effort to back them up. You will then avoid looking like a total twat.

I am not the only poster here who has seen you in action, Mister Taint.

For those who haven't,I would suggest a perusal here. http://www.usmessageboard.com/search/10993558/?q=rotherham&o=relevance&c[user][0]=56584

What really gave them fits.....when he ignored them and continued to use it...did you hear the press conference where the reporter said that "Anchor Baby" was insulting......and then Trump asked the reporter for a better term...the reporter went into a long, brain dead definition...and Trump said...you know what...I'll just use anchor baby.......that was a great moment...

Then Jeb tried to do the same thing...and spent 3 days walking the comment back.....

Which is why we have President Trump and not President Jeb....
Yep, I laugh every time I see that. The media was in shock. They didn't know what to do. They still don't know what to do.

No it doesn't, douche bag. It gives specified groups preference over better qualified white male candidates. Do you actually believe that women are equally qualified to be police officers or firefighters?

Dragonlady!!!!!
That is NOT what affirmative action did or still does in some cases. It is done on a points system, If you have a minority that has a score of 45 on the test you give them, and you have a WHITEY that has a 49 on the test the minority gets 5 points just for being whatever color, sect, or social group that qualifies them as a minority and gives them a total score of 50 so they get the job. AND how the hell do you KNOW that the white male is NOT the disadvantaged of the two? You are clearly racist and sexist.

Not really. There is rude, then there is just stupid.

Forum List

Back