🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Political Movies

Ahh, another victimization thread from the right wing....

Bullworth was probably the most honest movie I've seen regarding politics.

And the REST of the time, Hollywood STOKES the political divisions with blatant political violence -- like with this Comcast/Universal shitfest that was originally entitled "Red State vs Blue State".. Think it's called "The Hunt"... About a group of leftist elites that trap and hunt conservatives for sport.. Betcha LOVE that one... Might still be in theaters.. At least in the Blue States...

Bullworth was funny... Probably because the character could have been with either tribe...

:stir: :badgrin::death:
Never heard of it.

Was there a write up of the movie in "Victims Monthly"? I'm sure you're a lifetime subscriber.

Primary Colors was a good one too. Its been a while but I seem to recall that the people with the movie insisted it wasn't about Clinton.... Riiiight.

And the REST of the time, Hollywood STOKES the political divisions with blatant political violence -- like with this Comcast/Universal shitfest that was originally entitled "Red State vs Blue State".. Think it's called "The Hunt"... About a group of leftist elites that trap and hunt conservatives for sport.. Betcha LOVE that one... Might still be in theaters.. At least in the Blue States...

Bullworth was funny... Probably because the character could have been with either tribe...

Never heard of it.

Was there a write up of the movie in "Victims Monthly"? I'm sure you're a lifetime subscriber.

That's because you don't get real news at the Atlantic or NY'er magazine. You also missed a 1/2 dozen threads on it here on USMB.. Because CERTAINLY -- you'd never denounce "Big Hollywood" making money off of a film about Red State/Blue State horror and violence...

Hollywood has made over 20 movies about Richard Nixon.
But, ObamaGate makes WaterGate look like jaywalking.
In 1977 they made a comedy about Nixon called Nasty Habits.
The Obama Presidency is prime for a good satirical comedy.
Someone should make a honest movie about Obama and his henchmen..... Comey, Clapper, Brennen, Hillary, Schumer, Pelosi......... there is a lot of great material to work with there.
But, we know that it will never happen.
They will probably make dozens of movies about Trump though.

WagThe Dog was eerie.. Because it came out PRIOR to the Clinton /monica thing and the PLOT WAS a president caught diddling on duty.. They even got the "fake war" into the plot. Like the way Clinton chose to bomb Iraq heavily on the night before Monica's testimony,..

Best all time political movie was Atlas Shrugged.. Nowhere as good as the book -- but it's all prescient because Atlas IS shrugging a bit right now...

And Idiocracy.. My FAVORITE movie of all time..

Yea Idiocracy was good, it reminds me of Dem Voters.
Wag the Dog backfired on Hollywood, so that was what made it funny.

The President in Idiocracy has GOT to remind you of Trump..

Most of the time the right wing is seen as nasty, inept and corrupted by Prog movie producers and directors.

Maybe because they are nasty (Trump)
Inept (Trump, Bush 43)
Corrupt (Trump)
The Prog minions are educated that way. The general population is smothered in daily propaganda by the Progs. How can the week minded not turn on values and freedoms. The thing that hurts the most were all of the false Republican shills that have been outed as Progs Deep Staters. From Neo cons to Politicians to Media people. To the corrupted that have taken in millions of dollars for themselves and even more then that.

You're right. How can you grow up and not know the difference between "week" and "weak" if you get a progressive education?

Never heard of it.

That's because you don't get real news at the Atlantic or NY'er magazine. You also missed a 1/2 dozen threads on it here on USMB.. Because CERTAINLY -- you'd never denounce "Big Hollywood" making money off of a film about Red State/Blue State horror and violence...

I don't subscribe to either one of those like you subscribe to "Victims Monthly". Shouldn't you be worried that you as a "mod" let there be 1/2 a dozen threads on a movie that nobody saw...not doing your job there.

Hollywood has made over 20 movies about Richard Nixon.
But, ObamaGate makes WaterGate look like jaywalking.
In 1977 they made a comedy about Nixon called Nasty Habits.
The Obama Presidency is prime for a good satirical comedy.
Someone should make a honest movie about Obama and his henchmen..... Comey, Clapper, Brennen, Hillary, Schumer, Pelosi......... there is a lot of great material to work with there.
But, we know that it will never happen.
They will probably make dozens of movies about Trump though.

WagThe Dog was eerie.. Because it came out PRIOR to the Clinton /monica thing and the PLOT WAS a president caught diddling on duty.. They even got the "fake war" into the plot. Like the way Clinton chose to bomb Iraq heavily on the night before Monica's testimony,..

Best all time political movie was Atlas Shrugged.. Nowhere as good as the book -- but it's all prescient because Atlas IS shrugging a bit right now...

And Idiocracy.. My FAVORITE movie of all time..

Totally!

I would add to the top tier:
A Face in the Crowd
Dr. Strangelove

Well, considering it made leftists look bad and all...

Never heard of it.

I don't subscribe to either one of those like you subscribe to "Victims Monthly". Shouldn't you be worried that you as a "mod" let there be 1/2 a dozen threads on a movie that nobody saw...not doing your job there.

The morons SHOULD FAIL.,. Think they recovered only about 65% of budget on the release.. That's NOT the point. It's the derangement, depravity and arrogance of THINKING that the whole project wasn't crap from the beginning.. And the mistake was MADE AND carried out by one of largest studios in the world...

Out of touch, money over morals.. That's why the Academy and Hollywood are INCREASINGLY irrelevant.. Kinda like YOU -- most all of the time.. :laughing0301:

Ya really care who is kidnapping and killing who in a depraved opportunist money grabbing Hollywood project. Think I'd ignore it depending on who the "good guys" were? Fact is -- if anyone even IMAGINED that plotline on Facebook or Twitter -- they would be BANNED FOR LIFE..

Desert Storm wasn't totally made up like the "Albanian war" in Wag the Dog..

Film was based on the novel originally titled, American Hero.

Originally published as "American Hero," Wag the Dog is a satire and conspiracy novel about Operation Desert Storm, positing that the whole thing was engineered to get George Bush reelected. At first ludicrous and then startling, this novel paints the Gulf War as a made-for-TV piece of Americana propaganda in an attempt to call attention to the power of the media.

10 best classic political novels

Desert Storm wasn't totally made up like the "Albanian war" in Wag the Dog..

Film was based on the novel originally titled, American Hero.

Originally published as "American Hero," Wag the Dog is a satire and conspiracy novel about Operation Desert Storm, positing that the whole thing was engineered to get George Bush reelected. At first ludicrous and then startling, this novel paints the Gulf War as a made-for-TV piece of Americana propaganda in an attempt to call attention to the power of the media.

10 best classic political novels

The book was a poor attempt at trying to prove that Desert Storm was an engineered fictional war.. The book was "non-fiction". THAT WAR -- did happen.. The movie premise might have been inspired by that book, but the plot is nothing like the book..

Never heard of it.

The morons SHOULD FAIL.,. Think they recovered only about 65% of budget on the release.. That's NOT the point. It's the derangement, depravity and arrogance of THINKING that the whole project wasn't crap from the beginning.. And the mistake was MADE AND carried out by one of largest studios in the world...

Out of touch, money over morals.. That's why the Academy and Hollywood are INCREASINGLY irrelevant.. Kinda like YOU -- most all of the time.. :laughing0301:

Yet here you are talking about the "irrelevant". They're not talking about you.
So who is actually irrelevant.

Sneak preview--5 years from now, you'll still be talking about the "decline" of Hollywood. And they still won't give a shit about you.

Never heard of it.

Yet here you are talking about the "irrelevant". They're not talking about you.
So who is actually irrelevant.

Sneak preview--5 years from now, you'll still be talking about the "decline" of Hollywood. And they still won't give a shit about you.

13142.jpeg

They'll be dead before I will.. Probably Disney/Marvel comics and SpongeBob will own most of the new releases.

Ya really care who is kidnapping and killing who in a depraved opportunist money grabbing Hollywood project. Think I'd ignore it depending on who the "good guys" were? Fact is -- if anyone even IMAGINED that plotline on Facebook or Twitter -- they would be BANNED FOR LIFE..
Sounds like a terrible movie....that few have seen

It makes one wonder why you're so bent out of shape about it.

It's called principles.. Not supporting IRRESPONSIBLE media of any form.. And doing a super bloody movie about the left/right KILLING and HUNTING and KIDNAPPING each other in THIS national climate is the height of being irresponsible..

What's next? " Proud Boys vs Antifa -- OUR streets Bitches"?? Gee, I should pitch to Universal...

Watch 'Agents of Chaos' on netflix... Will bloody scare you...

Explains Russian Troll Factory, well researched, very good insight into how Russia operates.. Even the Trump guys should look at it... It shows what they are at...

Just look at
BlackMattersUS v Heart of Texas (both with 100 thousands of followers)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back