🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Political Movies

Ahh, another victimization thread from the right wing....

Bullworth was probably the most honest movie I've seen regarding politics.

And the REST of the time, Hollywood STOKES the political divisions with blatant political violence -- like with this Comcast/Universal shitfest that was originally entitled "Red State vs Blue State".. Think it's called "The Hunt"... About a group of leftist elites that trap and hunt conservatives for sport.. Betcha LOVE that one... Might still be in theaters.. At least in the Blue States...

Bullworth was funny... Probably because the character could have been with either tribe...

:stir: :badgrin::death:

Well, considering it made leftists look bad and all...

Ya really care who is kidnapping and killing who in a depraved opportunist money grabbing Hollywood project. Think I'd ignore it depending on who the "good guys" were? Fact is -- if anyone even IMAGINED that plotline on Facebook or Twitter -- they would be BANNED FOR LIFE..
Sounds like a terrible movie....that few have seen

It makes one wonder why you're so bent out of shape about it.

It's called principles.. Not supporting IRRESPONSIBLE media of any form.. And doing a super bloody movie about the left/right KILLING and HUNTING and KIDNAPPING each other in THIS national climate is the height of being irresponsible..

What's next? " Proud Boys vs Antifa -- OUR streets Bitches"?? Gee, I should pitch to Universal...

Please link to the IMDB for this movie. I cannot find it.

And the REST of the time, Hollywood STOKES the political divisions with blatant political violence -- like with this Comcast/Universal shitfest that was originally entitled "Red State vs Blue State".. Think it's called "The Hunt"... About a group of leftist elites that trap and hunt conservatives for sport.. Betcha LOVE that one... Might still be in theaters.. At least in the Blue States...

Bullworth was funny... Probably because the character could have been with either tribe...

Ya really care who is kidnapping and killing who in a depraved opportunist money grabbing Hollywood project. Think I'd ignore it depending on who the "good guys" were? Fact is -- if anyone even IMAGINED that plotline on Facebook or Twitter -- they would be BANNED FOR LIFE..

Watch 'Agents of Chaos' on netflix... Will bloody scare you...

Explains Russian Troll Factory, well researched, very good insight into how Russia operates.. Even the Trump guys should look at it... It shows what they are at...

No longer have Netflix.

I have HBO Max, Disney, Amazon Prime and a few others. Thanks for the rec though. If I get the "come back" freebie I may look it up.

HBO Max will show a re-boot of the landmark West Wing (TV Series) episode Hartsfield's Landing on 10/15 for those interested. Most of the original cast will be there--it's a stage production. Sterling K. Brown is subbing for the departed John Spencer and will play Leo.

1601950683315.png

Its done to increase voter turnout. So I'm sure Republicans will hate the idea.

Never heard of it.

Was there a write up of the movie in "Victims Monthly"? I'm sure you're a lifetime subscriber.

That's because you don't get real news at the Atlantic or NY'er magazine. You also missed a 1/2 dozen threads on it here on USMB.. Because CERTAINLY -- you'd never denounce "Big Hollywood" making money off of a film about Red State/Blue State horror and violence...

I don't subscribe to either one of those like you subscribe to "Victims Monthly". Shouldn't you be worried that you as a "mod" let there be 1/2 a dozen threads on a movie that nobody saw...not doing your job there.

The morons SHOULD FAIL.,. Think they recovered only about 65% of budget on the release.. That's NOT the point. It's the derangement, depravity and arrogance of THINKING that the whole project wasn't crap from the beginning.. And the mistake was MADE AND carried out by one of largest studios in the world...

Out of touch, money over morals.. That's why the Academy and Hollywood are INCREASINGLY irrelevant.. Kinda like YOU -- most all of the time.. :laughing0301:

Yet here you are talking about the "irrelevant". They're not talking about you.
So who is actually irrelevant.

Sneak preview--5 years from now, you'll still be talking about the "decline" of Hollywood. And they still won't give a shit about you.

13142.jpeg

They'll be dead before I will.. Probably Disney/Marvel comics and SpongeBob will own most of the new releases.

When they die, people will care.
When you die...people won't.

Explains Russian Troll Factory, well researched, very good insight into how Russia operates.. Even the Trump guys should look at it... It shows what they are at...

No longer have Netflix.

I have HBO Max, Disney, Amazon Prime and a few others. Thanks for the rec though. If I get the "come back" freebie I may look it up.

Sorry, my bad, on HBO...

No longer have Netflix.

Sorry, my bad, on HBO...

Oh... I'll look for it. But I wouldn't dream (wink wink) of booting up my HBO Max account at work. LOL

My favorite political movie is a little art film that came out backin 1977. It chronicles the experiences of members of one of those "back to earth" type anarcho-syndicalist type collectives, and the remarkable thing about it is that all of the characters in the film were of different identity groups, making it somewhat prophetic as to the rise of identity politics. Each member also had one dominiant trait.

One was something of a fussbudget control freak. Another was this hyperkinetic ADHD sort of character. One was clinically depressed and yet another suffered from severere separation anxiety, and could not be away from his mother for very long. One was this naive dreamer who only saw the good in everything and yet another was a know-it-all who liked to show off all his knowledge. The main character, though was this obese gay guy -- I guess you would call him a bear in today's lingo -- and the plot centered on the way some of his insatiable appetites and how they threatened to undermine the unity of the collective.

It was really quite thought-provoking stuff!

If anybody is interested, here is a link to the movie: https://is3-ssl.mzstatic.com/image/...-4895-4d6f-e661f2346d69/source/1200x630bb.jpg

What's next? " Proud Boys vs Antifa -- OUR streets Bitches"?? Gee, I should pitch to Universal...

Couple of things: It's called freedom of speech.

But most importantly of all - IMO - is the film you are talking about is satire. And if you can't do satire, well, why not just immigrate to North Korea.

Couple of things: It's called freedom of speech.

But most importantly of all - IMO - is the film you are talking about is satire. And if you can't do satire, well, why not just immigrate to North Korea.

The hell it's satire.. It's the product of political derangement. Have no issues with zombies and chain saw killers that ARE NOT written into the scripts as "political hate crimes"..

So you're A-OK if it's Muslims or Siehks or blacks who are kidnapped, tortured, murdered for WHO they are??

Historically Hollywood has been conservative and has pumped out a conservative tinged version of the American experience for generations.
Check out pretty much every Western ever made where "red evils" attack innocent white folk.

It might be a bit better now but not overmuch. All the baddies in Hollywood films are bad foreigners, Russian gangsters, south American drug lords, Albanian people traffickers.

It is probably where your views of foreigners are mainly formed.

Most pre civil rights movies were free of black actors unless they were serving drinks Its why racists see that period as a golden age in the US.

FIRST NOVEL I've heard of with EXTENSIVE FACTUAL footnotes..

And how many of those footnotes mentioned Bill Clinton?

That was my point.. The book is not the plot of the movie.. It was inspirational only.. The awkward coincidence is that Wag The Dog was released JUST PRIOR to the Monica deal. And it involved a President diddling a girl scout and make up a fake premise to launch a phony war to DISTRACT from the embarrassment..

My point is that I didn't find it eerie at all, it satirizes Desert Storm. The public relations aspects in the film were nowhere near the events under Bill Clinton as evidence by Clinton's impeachment two days after his Iraqi airstrikes. What I would classify as eerie would be this November 1993 scene in Seinfeld where Elaine wants her boyfriend to change his name because it's the same as a famous murderer. It aired just 7 months before the Nicole Simpson Brown and Ron Goldman murders.

Forum List

Back