Political prisoner Dinesh D'souza...learned something about democrats in prison...

You misunderstand. I have no opinion as to whether or not those cattle future trades were legal or not. I just don't care about them, at all - and neither does anyone else, as has been made clear by how much this "scandal" failed to gain traction the last time you guys tried it 20 years ago.

What does any of this have to do with the topic of this thread, anyway?

You still haven't provided any support for your claims of Democratic straw donors. Perhaps you forgot.

{
As Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton ran for president in 2008, one of her most enthusiastic financial supporters was Sant Singh Chatwal, an Indian-American hotel and restaurant owner, whose relationship with the Clintons dated back years.

Mr. Chatwal was a regular at Clinton campaign events in New York, a genial and gregarious presence in his red turban. He had directed more than $200,000 through his businesses to her 2000 Senate campaign, when unregulated “soft-money” donations were still permissible.

Both Bill and Hillary Clinton, along with Senator Charles E. Schumer and Representative Richard A. Gephardt, were guests at the wedding of one of Mr. Chatwal’s sons, Vivek, at Tavern on the Green in New York City in 2002.}

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/18/nyregion/clinton-backer-pleads-guilty-in-a-straw-donor-scheme.html

Unlike D'Souza, this man paid no fines - and SURE the fuck didn't go to jail.

We have FAR different laws for democrats than for the commoners and Republicans.

Party membership has it's privileges - like you are above the fucking law...

No fine, you say?

(Bloomberg) -- The founder of a hotel development and management firm who has donated to Democrats including likely 2016 presidential candidate Hillary Clinton was sentenced to three years of probation for an illegal campaign funds scheme.

Sant Singh Chatwal, an Indian-American businessman who founded Hampshire Hotels Management LLC and the Bombay Palace chain of restaurants, was sentenced today for witness tampering and conspiring to evade donation limits using straw donors. Recipients of more than $180,000 in illegal donations weren’t identified in court.

“I’m feeling fairly confident that I am not cheating justice by being merciful,” said U.S. District Judge I. Leo Glasser in Brooklyn, New York. Chatwal’s sentence includes 1,000 hours of community service and a $500,000 fine. Prosecutors had asked that he be sentenced to as long as four years and nine months in prison.

N.Y. Hotelier Chatwal Avoids Prison in Straw Donor Case - Bloomberg Business

You misunderstand. I have no opinion as to whether or not those cattle future trades were legal or not. I just don't care about them, at all - and neither does anyone else, as has been made clear by how much this "scandal" failed to gain traction the last time you guys tried it 20 years ago.

You still haven't provided any support for your claims of Democratic straw donors. Perhaps you forgot.

{
As Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton ran for president in 2008, one of her most enthusiastic financial supporters was Sant Singh Chatwal, an Indian-American hotel and restaurant owner, whose relationship with the Clintons dated back years.

Mr. Chatwal was a regular at Clinton campaign events in New York, a genial and gregarious presence in his red turban. He had directed more than $200,000 through his businesses to her 2000 Senate campaign, when unregulated “soft-money” donations were still permissible.

Both Bill and Hillary Clinton, along with Senator Charles E. Schumer and Representative Richard A. Gephardt, were guests at the wedding of one of Mr. Chatwal’s sons, Vivek, at Tavern on the Green in New York City in 2002.}

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/18/nyregion/clinton-backer-pleads-guilty-in-a-straw-donor-scheme.html

We have FAR different laws for democrats than for the commoners and Republicans.

No fine, you say?

(Bloomberg) -- The founder of a hotel development and management firm who has donated to Democrats including likely 2016 presidential candidate Hillary Clinton was sentenced to three years of probation for an illegal campaign funds scheme.

Sant Singh Chatwal, an Indian-American businessman who founded Hampshire Hotels Management LLC and the Bombay Palace chain of restaurants, was sentenced today for witness tampering and conspiring to evade donation limits using straw donors. Recipients of more than $180,000 in illegal donations weren’t identified in court.

“I’m feeling fairly confident that I am not cheating justice by being merciful,” said U.S. District Judge I. Leo Glasser in Brooklyn, New York. Chatwal’s sentence includes 1,000 hours of community service and a $500,000 fine. Prosecutors had asked that he be sentenced to as long as four years and nine months in prison.

Read on, he filed bankruptcy and never paid it.

{He filed for bankruptcy protection in 1995}

He paid no fines.

democrats are covered by FAR different laws than commoners are.

{

No fine, you say?

He paid no fines.

"Read on" what?

At the time your article was written, he had not even been sentenced yet. If he declared bankruptcy in 1995, what does that have to do with the charges against him in 2014?

Do you have anything to support your claim that he didn't pay his fine?

{

No fine, you say?

He paid no fines.

"Read on" what?

At the time your article was written, he had not even been sentenced yet. My link is 9 months older than yours.

Yes; he filed bankruptcy and escaped the fines.

We are a nation of laws, it's just that we have some laws for the favored party members, and very different laws for the rest.

{

No fine, you say?

He paid no fines.

"Read on" what?

At the time your article was written, he had not even been sentenced yet. My link is 9 months older than yours.

Yes; he filed bankruptcy and escaped the fines.

We are a nation of laws, it's just that we have some laws for the favored party members, and very different laws for the rest.

How did he "escape the fines" by declaring bankruptcy 9 years before he was fined?

A brown guy that touts personal freedom and condemns obtrusive govt as he refuses to play the victim card; that's the last thing that Dems want!

A brown guy that touts personal freedom and condemns obtrusive govt as he refuses to play the victim card; that's the last thing that Dems want!

:lol:

You heard it here first, folks.

Dinesh is refusing to play the victim card. This entire thread is just your imagination.

I'm not beholding to any political party, PMH. I am held to the truth. He did the crime and he will do the time! I'm glad you agree with that and would trust you would not be held to some Partisan opinion over truth either. (if it was someone from your preferred party)
A criminal is a criminal. Neither is worthy, both are common. In politics, finding an honest man is a fool's errand, so I don't bother. Religion, unfortunately for you. isn't much better.

You sorry scumbag piece of human excrement! Criminal? Like Lois Lerner, Al Sharpton, Charles Rangel. Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton........

Dinesh is refusing to play the victim card. This entire thread is just your imagination.

Actually, he might be. I haven't followed this fiasco / publicity grab (I don't even know what he was in prison for). I was more speaking to my knowledge about his general personal narrative. All the same, industrious brown people that don't advocate the nanny state scares Dems.

I'm not beholding to any political party, PMH. I am held to the truth. He did the crime and he will do the time! I'm glad you agree with that and would trust you would not be held to some Partisan opinion over truth either. (if it was someone from your preferred party)
A criminal is a criminal. Neither is worthy, both are common. In politics, finding an honest man is a fool's errand, so I don't bother. Religion, unfortunately for you. isn't much better.

You sorry scumbag piece of human excrement! Criminal? Like Lois Lerner, Al Sharpton, Charles Rangel. Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton........
Natstew, when D'nesh accepted Jesus as his Lord and Savior and became a born again Christian he became God's child. Because he made that decision he is now a son of God. With that, he has to realize that God is going to treat him as a son and when he does wrong and breaks the law he is going to get punished. The devil's children will get away with what he cannot get away with. In fact, the devil's children are not God's concern because those are not His kids! You don't punish the neighbor's kids. As a parent you punish your own because that is who you are responsible for raising up right.

The people you listed are the devil's children. They don't belong to God and the evidence is in the fact that he does not chastise them as He does His own children. With that said, God's judgment, his wrath is reserved for the wicked. When God brings judgment on America you'll see the difference because His own children will not lack in a famine, they will not perish by the enemies hand, only with their eyes shall they see the reward of the wicked. (Psalm 91) The fact that D'nesh was arrested while these criminals you named were not - is evidence of God's love and His relationship to D'nesh. When we sin, break the law, whatever we do that is not in accordance with God's laws - we bear the consequences for it. It is evidence of God's love and after chastisement? Comes restoration.

We need to - as Christians - see everything as coming from the hand of God. When Job lost his own children, he didn't say that Satan had taken them away - even though Satan was the one behind that whirlwind - tornado that hit their house! He said, The Lord has given and the Lord has taken away. When David went through any trial he didn't say - Satan did this - he said it was from the LORD. The truth is the enemy cannot do anything to us without the LORD first giving him permission so we need to realize that all these things are decided by God.

These people you listed have not gotten away with anything because their day is coming (and what a horror that will be!) but we have to keep in mind they do not know God and have no relationship to Him. They are not His and therein He does not deal with them as He does His own.

Natstew, I forgot to mention something. When a Believer cries out to the LORD, avenge me of mine enemies! The Lord will answer and bring judgment on the one troubling them. He usually lets them see it too. (He has with me anyhow - speaking from my own experience here)

If the LORD looks down and "sees" the wicked troubling one of His anointed - he can bring a swift judgment that the world may perceive as a horrible tragedy but what is really happening is the LORD has decided - I'm going to move in this situation right now - and He does. Then when the wicked are hit with whatever it is God has decided they begin to cry out to God and ask him to do something but unless they repent and turn from their life of sin and receive Christ- he won't relent in his judgment and he won't even hear their prayers. The judgment will stand.

The last example (although there is more) is when someone - especially politicians - move to harm Israel with wrong decisions or plans against her. When that happens judgment is very swift. Usually within the same time frame as their actions against Israel. If you ever get a chance to read As it was done to Israel - by John McTernan you'll find case after case to prove that God brings very swift judgment on those in office who dare to come against Israel.

Last edited:

I'm sorry, what crimes were any of those people convicted of?

Huh? How is whining about your 8 month incarceration for a crime you admitted to doing not playing the "victim" card? Is that because we call it the "whiny pussy bitch" card instead?

Huh? How is whining about your 8 month incarceration for a crime you admitted to doing not playing the "victim" card? Is that because we call it the "whiny pussy bitch" card instead?

Obama illegally raised millions over seas. Where's his felony conviction? Instead, his minions are criminalizing the opposition for less? This is f'ing Orwellian.

Obama illegally raised millions over seas. Where's his felony conviction? Instead, his minions are criminalizing the opposition for less? This is f'ing Orwellian.

A message board lawyer. Gee, we can't get enough of those can we...?

Forum List

Back