Politics and slavery

Since Republicans authored the Corwin Amendment let's just say that Republicans didn't really mind slavery. And white identity played by the Republican party is what is being opposed.

Let me give you a hint. Identity politics then, and now...
And let me give you a hint, the Republican party was not formed to end slavery. It opposed the expansion of slavery. It was not that they didn't want any black slaves in the new territories, they didn't want ANY BLACKS PERIOD, free or enslaved, in the new territories.

The Whig Party, The Democrat Party, and the newly formed Republican party--none of them owned slaves, dumbass.
The reps were formed from the moral people from the Whigs and from the dems. Only democrats owned slaves, not rep has EVER done. Show the I am wrong!

Since Republicans authored the Corwin Amendment let's just say that Republicans didn't really mind slavery. And white identity played by the Republican party is what is being opposed.
Only democrats owned slaves, get with the program please!

only dems owned slaves

Only democrats owned slaves, get with the program please!
The Corwin Amendment was written by republicans and it would have made slavery constitutional.

Now since nobody today owned slaves or were slaves according to you republicans, Democrats today are not responsible for slavery. And since todays republican party supports the memory of the confederacy, today the Republican party would be the pro slavery party.

And let me give you a hint, the Republican party was not formed to end slavery. It opposed the expansion of slavery. It was not that they didn't want any black slaves in the new territories, they didn't want ANY BLACKS PERIOD, free or enslaved, in the new territories.
Ok, but they wanted the democrats from putting people in slavery

Do you know which political party ONLY owned slave when the Civil War Broke out?]
Hint; Identify policals as identify are...

The reps were formed from the moral people from the Whigs and from the dems. Only democrats owned slaves, not rep has EVER done. Show the I am wrong!
That is damn fairy tale. Was Grant a Democrat? How about Sherman? Again, the Republican party was not formed to stop slavery. It was formed to keep blacks out of the West, PERIOD.

NAh bro
You do know why the Republican Party was formed and who formed it right?

Would have been nice if Lincoln would have shipped the blacks back to Africa like he promised.

Forum List

Back