Politics-Based Marketing Diversification: Trump's Choice?

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Americans are sometimes called 'investors' and 'marketers' and not 'inventors' or 'producers.'

That's because America has been outshined in the automobile industry by Japan (e.g., Nissan, Toyota) and the consumer electronics industry (e.g., Sony, Panasonic).

However, America does offer the world great computers (i.e., Apple/Microsoft), consumer electronics batteries (i.e., Energizer/Duracell), sports gear (i.e., Nike/Reebok), and FDA-approved fast food chains (i.e., Burger King/McDonald's).

If the capitalism-subjective Trump Administration is able to gauge marketing with savvy production optimism (during trade negotiations with its main superpower rival --- China), then free market neutral commerce hubs such as Hong Kong may prove to be sources of trade-contract inspiration.

I'm psyched for a Pizza Hut meal this weekend...and a Woodstock video featuring nice vintage Volvo cars.

====

TRUMP: Let's make contracts with Sweden (IKEA, Volvo, Saab).
CARTER: You think we've over-used Japan?
TRUMP: Heck yes (Sony, Toyota, you name it).
CARTER: Americans are not big fans of Swedish food.
TRUMP: You're right, and Americans love Chinatown, San Francisco.
CARTER: Facebook offers businesses great exposure.
TRUMP: It's not enough to overcome the convenience-hospitality industry (e.g., food).
CARTER: There's even colloquial food-culture jokes (e.g., "American cops love Dunkin' Donuts!").
TRUMP: There should be American media programming about international markets outside Japan.
CARTER: Americans like Toys 'R Us.
TRUMP: We're a 'consumer-net' nation.
CARTER: To compete with China, we have to be creative about 'goods-focused think-tanks.'

====

v4.jpg

Forum List

Back