Politics in the US - What is your overall feeling?

US Politics & Presidential Race: What Your Overall Feeling?

• Disgust

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Hopeful

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Apathy

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Rage

• Optimistic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Done! (Indifference)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

• Total voters

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
- Disgust?
- Rage?
- Apathy?
- Hopeful?

... or something else, and why? Try to be brief (2-3 sentences if possible...)

- Disgust?
- Rage?
- Apathy?
- Hopeful?

... or something else, and why? Try to be brief (2-3 sentences if possible...)

This will be long winded response:

Don't care anymore because either way this nation is fucked... ( Oh it was not long winded at all )

No entertaining? Could not vote. I gave up hope the first obama election. I'm just glad I'm not young and starting out in life making a career. It's going to be much harder for them.

No entertaining? Could not vote. I gave up hope the first obama election. I'm just glad I'm not young and starting out in life making a career. It's going to be much harder for them.

Other is always an option.
I do not think it's entertaining myself.

Sad, maybe.....

The biggest problem with politics in the United States is ignorance. Literally.

Most voters lack a sufficient understanding of not only the issues that are important in the election, but of the powers of the office of the candidates, vis-à-vis the other branches of government and the other levels of government.

How can you cast an intelligent vote for President when you don't know the legitimate powers of the President, as compared with the powers of the Congress, the Supreme Court, and the states? How can you cast an intelligent vote for President if you don't understand how Federal Regulations are promulgated and enforced, and how a President can put his stamp on the entire Federal Government through directives and Executive Orders.

The discouraging thing is that for every well-informed voter, there is an army of ignorami, who are voting based on superficial things, personal prejudices, ignorance of the facts, or the hope to get government freebies.

The ignorance of American voters is WHY our politicians say and do a LOT of what they say and do - because they know that ignorant voters will respond in a certain way, even if what they say and do make no sense, or are blatantly false.

Exhibit A is Trump's Mexican Wall, and Exhibit B was Al Gore's Social Security "Lock-Box." Total nonsense in both cases, but they affect a lot of peoples' votes.

It makes me question whether it is worth it to even go to the polls.

Despite disgust with a lot of what has gone down and is going on, and being disillusioned growing up at the differences between what I learned about America and what reality was/is, I grudgingly have to admit it's a great nation with great potential. One has to say there is hope.

The comment about ignorance is straight on. But . . . the millennials seem to be waking up. As the future belongs to them, they need to wake up.

I think it's nice that there are more hopefuls than anything.....

Forum List

Back