Poll: Americans Want Obama to Negotiate

No, because you're in error. There is no one person on the planet who literally worships Obama, nevermind the ground he walks on.

Oh no - you quacks have made it perfectly clear that you actually and literally do worship Obama.

:trolls:

Awww man!! You just went over the edge.

If only you'd scaled it down a bit.
I am just glad to hear all ducks support Obama. If we get the other animals on board we can free the farm from the evil corporation, and turn it into an organic farm that pays a living wage. ;)

October 3 2013~
Let the nay saying begin!

"A majority of Americans want President Obama to negotiate with Congress over the debt ceiling, and nearly two-thirds oppose raising the debt without significant spending reforms attached, according to a recent poll from Ending Spending and the American Action Forum.

House Speaker John Boehner (R., Ohio) said Wednesday following a meeting at the White House that the president had ”reiterated one more time tonight that he will not negotiate.” Obama and most Democrats favor a “clean” debt-ceiling hike without spending reforms attached. Meanwhile, House GOP leaders are said to be working on a larger budget deal to end the government and raise the debt ceiling with reforms."

Poll: Americans Want Obama to Negotiate | National Review Online

KEY FINDINGS
1. AN OPPORTUNITY: Obama is badly bruised. The President's numbers aren't strong, with an underwater approval rating (43% approve, 49% disapprove), and a generic congressional ballot that has Republicans ahead by 4 points (40% GOP, 36%DEM)

Just read the rest yourself:

http://www.endingspending.com/docs/debtceilingpoll.pdf

Americans don't have a clue what the fuck they want. They say they want cuts in spending until you start telling them what's going to get cut. Then they change their mind. It's the same bullshit we get when everyone says we should vote out everyone in Congress. To the voter that means everyone else except for his/her representatives, because they are okay.

If the Senate Democrats attached an assault rifle ban and sent it with the spending bill, would any of you expect the Republicans to negotiate?

My bet is that would be what we like to call a "non-starter."

If the Senate Democrats attached an assault rifle ban and sent it with the spending bill, would any of you expect the Republicans to negotiate?

My bet is that would be what we like to call a "non-starter."

apple and oranges Boop

the ACA is a spending bill

the AWB is not

In some respects, yes. Unlike those that worship the very ground that Obama walks on, Ragan was not a savior nor a perfect president. He did a crap load of things that were simply deplorable; some of which we are still paying the piper for. I can hold him accountable for that. The difference here is that you seem completely incapable of doing the same for anyone on the left. Your post outlines how you actually think. To say that Ragan might have been full of shit and somehow think that is a ‘gotcha’ moment really highlights the partisan blinders.

Kindly produce just one person who worships the ground Obama walks on.

You. Rightwing. RDean. Faun. JoeB. Swallow.

Should I continue? :)

I find it very amusing that you claim I "worship the ground Obama walks on" when most of my posts are about criticizing how Republicans and the wealthy have fucked up the country.

Oh, no, wait, then there's THIS...

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/224411-things-i-m-critical-of-obama-for.html

Reagan was by all means a great President. But like all men he was far from perfect. He won the cold war. But he spent too much money doing it. for instance....

I disagree completely there. There is no "too much" when it comes to freedom. Peace through strength.

Now is insanely ignorant amnesty? Now that was a major fuck up by Reagan.

Do you have some mental disease where you think yelling "Freedom" is an answer to everything.

The guy made the statement that Reagan spent too much money "winning*" the Cold War.

*Although he had done nothing of the sort. The Cold War was still very much going on when he left, and the collapse of the USSR in 1991 caught the intelligence community completely by surprise.

What Reagan did do was make irresponsible deficit spending cool.

He made Plutocracy cool. Even when Trickle Down didn't happen, the rich just found they loved their huge tax breaks so much they were never giving them up.

Could that possibly be because Americans are idiots who don't understand what the fuck the debt ceiling even is?

Most of the people right on this forum who claim they're in favor of freezing the debt ceiling can't tell you how and where they would make the cuts in spending to accomplish that.

The interesting thing about a government shut down, is that we begin to discover what's "essential" for our government to have and which programs are simply a waste of the taxpayer's dime.

Forget about unpaid furloughs and delayed federal benefits — the biggest drawback of the likely closure of the federal government is the shuttering of the National Zoo’s beloved Panda Cam.

That means the well-liked zoo would stop operating its Giant Panda Cam — a popular webcam that gives viewers 24-hour visual access to the zoo’s cute bears.

PANDA-MONIUM: National Zoo?s beloved Panda Cam will shutter if federal government shuts down - NY Daily News

Last edited:
the debt ceiling should be raised, no questions asked.

they approved the spending, they need to approve the borrowing.

At what point would you suggest cutting up Obama's credit card? How much debt is acceptable for our nation to carry before this administration takes it seriously?

It isn't Obama's credit card, it's America's.

And the problem with the GOP refusing to raise the debt limit has nothing to do with spending.

I am waiting for the GOP to come up with budget cuts that are based on any kind of reality.

Are they willing to accept real tax increases on teh well off?
Are they willing to drastically cut bloated military spending?
Are they willing to means-test social security so it isn't sending huge checks to millionaires?

October 3 2013~
Let the nay saying begin!

"A majority of Americans want President Obama to negotiate with Congress over the debt ceiling, and nearly two-thirds oppose raising the debt without significant spending reforms attached, according to a recent poll from Ending Spending and the American Action Forum.

House Speaker John Boehner (R., Ohio) said Wednesday following a meeting at the White House that the president had ”reiterated one more time tonight that he will not negotiate.” Obama and most Democrats favor a “clean” debt-ceiling hike without spending reforms attached. Meanwhile, House GOP leaders are said to be working on a larger budget deal to end the government and raise the debt ceiling with reforms."

Poll: Americans Want Obama to Negotiate | National Review Online

KEY FINDINGS
1. AN OPPORTUNITY: Obama is badly bruised. The President's numbers aren't strong, with an underwater approval rating (43% approve, 49% disapprove), and a generic congressional ballot that has Republicans ahead by 4 points (40% GOP, 36%DEM)

Just read the rest yourself:

http://www.endingspending.com/docs/debtceilingpoll.pdf
The president's job is to submit a budget request to congress which he has done. What is done with that request is up to the House and Senate. A budget resolution does not require the president's signature.

Raising the debt ceiling is primarily a decision to be made by congress, not the president. If congress does not raise the debt ceiling, then it must cut the president's budget.

It seems to me that negotiations should be between the House and Senate, not the president.

Obviously the President has influence and say on how big of a budget he wants to approve, or was the Clinton era all about the Republicans in Congress?

At what point would you suggest cutting up Obama's credit card? How much debt is acceptable for our nation to carry before this administration takes it seriously?

It isn't Obama's credit card, it's America's.

And the problem with the GOP refusing to raise the debt limit has nothing to do with spending.

I am waiting for the GOP to come up with budget cuts that are based on any kind of reality.

Are they willing to accept real tax increases on teh well off?
Are they willing to drastically cut bloated military spending?
Are they willing to means-test social security so it isn't sending huge checks to millionaires?

Exactly how well has this "War on Poverty" been achieved since it was implemented? Do we see any signs [documented proof] of government progress, or are we simply supplying those who choose not to take responsibility to provide for themselves? Where is the accountability for how all THOSE billions are spent, especially when they don't contribute to the needs of this country through federal taxes?

[

Exactly how well has this "War on Poverty" been achieved since it was implemented? Do we see any signs [documented proof] of government progress, or are we simply supplying those who choose not to take responsibility to provide for themselves? Where is the accountability for how all THOSE billions are spent, especially when they don't contribute to the needs of this country through federal taxes?

Did a poor person slit your throat last night looking for food?

No?

Then the War on Poverty is doing its job.

Reality is, we can't provide good paying jobs for people who want them... much less those who lack the skills to hold them.

Personally I think Obama should lay out some spending cuts. Starting with complete withdrawal from Afghanistan and ending with chopping Military spending in half.

Perfect. Maybe even toss in some killing of corporate welfare??

Not only that. Introduce conflict of interest law into congress.

In that no person in congress can vote on a bill that personally adds to their wealth.

Like what Bachmann and LaMalfa did.

We can also limit the flying hours on Air Force One, let Obama drive cross country in his OWN car, if he wants to spend so much of his Presidency away from the White House. Sort of counter productive to be wasting so much jet fuel while promoting a green energy policy during his administration, wouldn't you say? However, I suppose you can't have this President actually live by example, now can we?

[

No?

Reality is, we can't provide good paying jobs for people who want them... much less those who lack the skills to hold them.

Sort of helps when you are actually attending FREE public education that's provided to you instead of walking the streets in these poor neighborhoods. The last I checked the crime rate hasn't dropped significantly in cities like Chicago, not sure I'm buying into your success story of the government's poverty war. Too bad you're also missing those statistics I mentioned in my last post. Not surprising at all really, liberals tend to fall short on facts and details of government programs when asked. Usually they prefer to punt the issue.

[

No?

Sort of helps when you are actually attending FREE public education that's provided to you instead of walking the streets in these poor neighborhoods. The last I checked the crime rate hasn't dropped significantly in cities like Chicago, not sure I'm buying into your success story of the government's poverty war. Too bad you're also missing those statistics I mentioned in my last post. Not surprising at all really, liberals tend to fall short on facts and details of government programs when asked. Usually they prefer to punt the issue.

The crime rate in Chicago and most major cities has dropped significantly..

Where have you been checking?

[

Actually, the crime rate is about 20% lower this year in Chicago from last year, despite the RW media treating every shooting in Chicago as "proof" gun control doesn't work. (It doesn't work because it hasn't been tried.)

Fact is, as bad as things are, we don't have "Grapes of Wrath" armies of poor people wandering the countryside.

Why is it so hard for you to understand that CONGRESS approves spending? Actually the COTUS says the House is the originator of spending bills. You just can't seem to grasp that can you?

So after the Senate Dems put together their budget a few months ago, why have the Repubs in the House REFUSED to go to committee to resolve differences.

Why have the Repubs done that? You know, with the so called concern of the Repubs about spending.

Perfect. Maybe even toss in some killing of corporate welfare??

Not only that. Introduce conflict of interest law into congress.

In that no person in congress can vote on a bill that personally adds to their wealth.

Like what Bachmann and LaMalfa did.

We can also limit the flying hours on Air Force One, let Obama drive cross country in his OWN car, if he wants to spend so much of his Presidency away from the White House
. Sort of counter productive to be wasting so much jet fuel while promoting a green energy policy during his administration, wouldn't you say? However, I suppose you can't have this President actually live by example, now can we?

Seriously dude? Makes you look like a fucking idiot saying shit like that.

Why is it so hard for you to understand that CONGRESS approves spending? Actually the COTUS says the House is the originator of spending bills. You just can't seem to grasp that can you?

So after the Senate Dems put together their budget a few months ago, why have the Repubs in the House REFUSED to go to committee to resolve differences.

Why have the Repubs done that? You know, with the so called concern of the Repubs about spending.

We know why the GOP did it...they did it so they could threaten to shut down the government over the Affordable Care Act. Its what they SAID they were going to do.

The GOP planned this, telegraphed it in advance and then did it and now they are trying to point fingers at anyone but themselves.

Forum List

Back