Bring back the red X ?

• YES if we're going to have an "agree" icon we need a "disagree" one

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • NO

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Don't care

Votes: 10 27.0%

• Total voters
Do you guys remember how the old system wouldn't let you neg rep someone without comment?

If you disagree with a post, hit the reply button and do your best to explain why you disagree.

Why? Minds are already set. And if you disagree..or even agree...you are a (insert name here______________).

Do you guys remember how the old system wouldn't let you neg rep someone without comment?

If you disagree with a post, hit the reply button and do your best to explain why you disagree.
It really doesn't matter.

You can just irritate liberals by damning them with faint praise ("informative"). They'll take umbrage at anything less than agreement. In fact, they seem even more upset by that casual dismissal than by anything more definitive.

The old system wouldn't let you pos rep someone without a comment either (didn't it? I always put in a comment). But now, we just hit the 'agree' button and don't need to give any explanation.

If you have a button for the positive have a button for the negative. It keeps the balance.

You DO know this is a waste of time, don't you Drifter? They will do what they want to do.

The old system wouldn't let you pos rep someone without a comment either. But now, we just hit the 'agree' button and don't need to give any explanation.

If you have a button for the positive have a button for the negative. It keeps the balance.

We need Three buttons: Yin, Yang....

and Yin-Yang.

No explanation of which is what.

Then bring back the old neg system

What they should do is bring back rep (change how the points work if some people get bent out of shape over that) pos/neg, both requiring a pm comment.

In lieu of that, put a like/dislike or agree/disagree button, both requiring a pm comment.

I keep saying this in various, threads ... the pm comment part on a rep/like post keeps it personalized here, keeps posters connected, both sides. It was a mistake to take that away. And if some people abuse that system? Then take away their ability to use that system, don't take it away from those of us (the majority here) who play by the rules.

The old system wouldn't let you pos rep someone without a comment either. But now, we just hit the 'agree' button and don't need to give any explanation.

We need Three buttons: Yin, Yang....

and Yin-Yang.

No explanation of which is what.

Innie, Outie, and Yin-Yang.

What they should do is bring back rep (change how the points work if some people get bent out of shape over that) pos/neg, both requiring a pm comment.

In lieu of that, put a like/dislike or agree/disagree button, both requiring a pm comment.

I keep saying this in various, threads ... the pm comment part on a rep/like post keeps it personalized here, keeps posters connected, both sides. It was a mistake to take that away. And if some people abuse that system? Then take away their ability to use that system, don't take it away from those of us (the majority here) who play by the rules.

But I thought you wuz a punk rocker, hun.

That don't sound like sumin' the Boinger honey I know would say. :badgrin:

The Poll Choices are inadequate.

Methinks what most people really want are Rep Comments...but as that is not a feature of this particular board software, it's a moot point.

But I thought you wuz a punk rocker, hun.

That don't sound like sumin' the Boinger honey I know would say. :badgrin:

Of course it does and I've been saying it.

The friendly pm banter will fizzle away for the most part. That was mah fav part of rep ... giving and the back and forth banter.

The Poll Choices are inadequate.

Methinks what most people really want are Rep Comments...but as that is not a feature of this particular board software, it's a moot point.

Absolutely and if it's not a feature of the software they should fix that.

Forum List

Back