POLL: Conservatives/Republicans: Should the Tea Party secede?

Should the Tea Party secede from the GOP?

• Yes

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
The obvious answer is that they made some very serious errors letting the social conservatives/libertarians drive the bus for a while just to win a couple of midterms and now they are having trouble putting the fringe back where they belong, in short there is no salvaging this mess.

Libertarians have never driven the bus in the GOP. You're a complete fool if you believe that.

Honestly.........I wish we had no Parties at all. That all were independent choices.
I wish we had ALL of the candidates we have now on the ballet for President for a General election. With the top 2 having a run off for the final choice instead of the Party nomination process.......................

I'm tired of only 2 options or a third that guarantees a spoiler vote.

Not going to happen, but I believe it would be better than what we have now.
If you are going to win an election you MUST be in the 2 party system or you have a snowballs chance in hell for winning.

would make more sense for the majority of those in the GOP to switch to democrat, their real party.
Its clear that due to the limited number of seats in congress, many democrats run as republican just so they can take a seat.
there is no way you can tell me John McCain or John Boehner (sp) are republicans.

Unless I've missed one, I don't see any posts by conservatives who feel that the Tea Party should split from the GOP.

Interesting.

Why is that interesting? I'm sure you would want a split and a third party that would give the Dems an advantage with the opposing side votes being divided up.

Under our current system, aka 2 parties, you commit political suicide doing so...........

What happened to the blue dogs who chose not to toe the line with Dems within the party........They were destroyed because they dared to oppose the Party line. Should Blue dogs form a different party.............and would you want that option?

Unless I've missed one, I don't see any posts by conservatives who feel that the Tea Party should split from the GOP.

Interesting.

Why is that interesting? I'm sure you would want a split and a third party that would give the Dems an advantage with the opposing side votes being divided up.

Under our current system, aka 2 parties, you commit political suicide doing so...........

What happened to the blue dogs who chose not to toe the line with Dems within the party........They were destroyed because they dared to oppose the Party line. Should Blue dogs form a different party.............and would you want that option?
Well, first, I keep seeing, reading and hearing that the "conservatives" want the "RINOs" out of the party. So this wasn't my idea.

And second, I think that the resulting GOP might be able to pick up moderate voters who think the Dems have moved too far left, and that might very well make up for the loss of the Tea Party.

Interesting.

As has been explained, the "tea party" isn't a political party. It's a movement. There is more in common with tea partiers and conservative republicans than there are differences. What needs to be done and has in some precincts is weed out the RINO's.

Interesting..
As has been explained, the "tea party" isn't a political party. It's a movement. There is more in common with tea partiers and conservative republicans than there are differences. What needs to be done and has in some precincts is weed out the RINO's.
...making the party smaller, yes?

20 Years In Blue Dogs See a Need for Centrist Democrats

In 1994, when Republicans won the House for the first time in four decades, a band of fiscally conservative Democrats had a simple explanation: Their party had moved too far to the left.

In 2014, when Republicans shrunk Democratic numbers to their lowest since the end of World War II, a similar faction of fiscally conservative House Democrats came to a similar conclusion: The party’s progressives weren’t speaking to moderate voters.

The current political environment, with its ongoing debate over how Democrats can win elections and ugly fights over the “soul” of the party, makes for interesting parallels to what was going on 20 years ago, when the Blue Dog Coalition was born.

“We’ve learned the same lesson — at least some of us have learned the same lesson,” said Blue Dog Chairman Kurt Schrader, D-Ore. “You can’t continue to ignore big chunks of the American voter because you have certain ideological ideas.”

After 20 years, the Blue Dogs insist their mission is the same — they’re just trying to save the Democratic Party from itself.

Interesting.

Well, first, I keep seeing, reading and hearing that the "conservatives" want the "RINOs" out of the party. So this wasn't my idea.

And second, I think that the resulting GOP might be able to pick up moderate voters who think the Dems have moved too far left, and that might very well make up for the loss of the Tea Party.

Tea party people will vote for a Republican over a Democrat every time. So there is no loss of votes for Republicans in the tea party camp.

You can't take back the GOP. You never had the GOP. If you want to control your own party, you need to form your own party. Regardless of what fantasies people might have, the "RINOs" are the GOP and they will continue to be the GOP.

those three clowns are not the GOP. They are history.

More fantasy. The leadership of the party didn't walk into their office one day, put up a sign and everyone just assumed they belonged there. They were voted in by the membership. Do you think the membership didn't know who they were? And when they finally leave those positions, they are not going to be replaced by any "true conservatives". If you want to control your party, you need to form your own party. You will never control the GOP.
A group within the party who challenges the status quo is already in effect a third party.
A third party would put a third candidate in many elections and sway the advantage to the left.

Ross Perot a prime example. It must be done from within................Unless we ditch the 2 party system all together.

Then ditch the 2 party system. That is not written in stone, it just happened. If you all believe that you constitute a majority in the country then the result will be a win. Ross Perot clearly did not represent a majority. If you compare yourselves to him, then you must think you also do not represent a majority and aren't capable of standing on your own.

The real problem I guess is in these terms you keep tossing out. You all call yourselves "true conservatives" and the rest of us "RINOs". However, given that it was our party in the first place and you are late comers, it is actually the opposite. We are the true conservatives and you all are the RINOs. If you think we are going to just roll over and let you have our party, you are out of your minds. You are a minority in our party and you will always be a minority in our party. A loud minority, I'll grant, but a minority nonetheless. If you ever want to be more than that, then get off your backsides and start your own party. In other words, grow up, get a job and move out of our basement.
Ross Perot was an example of how a third party candidate lost the election to Clinton. I never compared myself to him. YOU DID THAT.

To the Status Quo................If you support McLame, Bone Head, and Graham Nuts.............................then you aren't a Conservative...............and all this talk.........HOW YOU MADE THE GOP...............who they hell are you and do you have a mouse in your pocket?

Conservative Movements helped the GOP time and time again........but you would say the Conservatives are the problem.................How about 18 TRILLION reasons why we shouldn't listen to you..........................If that is Conservatism then I have some Ocean Front Property for you in Arizona................that is if we get the illegals off the land there first...................................

Your GRAND OLE PARTY didn't even have the BALLS to stand up to Obama on funding AMNESTY.................It's illegal yet the GOP gave the Green Light..............

When the status quo GOP grows a freaking spine let me know..................

3rd Party would be a direct challenge to the GOP STATUS QUO................and would be a godsend to the Dems......

You brought up Perot, not me. If you didn't think it was applicable to you, then bringing him up wasn't very bright.

So let me repeat it once again. The party isn't going to change for you. Ever. If you think it will, you are a fool. So go out on your own and act like you have a pair, rather than sucking off the GOP teat and complaining that nobody listens to you. Go... we don't need you, we don't want you. It's our party and you can stick your complaints up your collective backsides. And we sincerely hope you don't like it.

Is that clear enough? I tried not to use big words.

Interesting..
...making the party smaller, yes?

No, making the party stronger.

I don't see how voting out a RINO and voting in a true conservative Republican would make the party smaller.

Interesting..
...making the party smaller, yes?.

No, making the party stronger.

I don't see how voting out a RINO and voting in a true conservative Republican would make the party smaller.
Well, it depends. If you vote out RINOs and they continue to vote GOP, you haven't lost anything.

Then the question becomes whether you can attract moderates or independents, and from what I understand, that isn't a priority. That would assume that the party has enough votes on its own to win.

those three clowns are not the GOP. They are history.

More fantasy. The leadership of the party didn't walk into their office one day, put up a sign and everyone just assumed they belonged there. They were voted in by the membership. Do you think the membership didn't know who they were? And when they finally leave those positions, they are not going to be replaced by any "true conservatives". If you want to control your party, you need to form your own party. You will never control the GOP.
A group within the party who challenges the status quo is already in effect a third party.
A third party would put a third candidate in many elections and sway the advantage to the left.

Ross Perot a prime example. It must be done from within................Unless we ditch the 2 party system all together.

Then ditch the 2 party system. That is not written in stone, it just happened. If you all believe that you constitute a majority in the country then the result will be a win. Ross Perot clearly did not represent a majority. If you compare yourselves to him, then you must think you also do not represent a majority and aren't capable of standing on your own.

The real problem I guess is in these terms you keep tossing out. You all call yourselves "true conservatives" and the rest of us "RINOs". However, given that it was our party in the first place and you are late comers, it is actually the opposite. We are the true conservatives and you all are the RINOs. If you think we are going to just roll over and let you have our party, you are out of your minds. You are a minority in our party and you will always be a minority in our party. A loud minority, I'll grant, but a minority nonetheless. If you ever want to be more than that, then get off your backsides and start your own party. In other words, grow up, get a job and move out of our basement.
Ross Perot was an example of how a third party candidate lost the election to Clinton. I never compared myself to him. YOU DID THAT.

To the Status Quo................If you support McLame, Bone Head, and Graham Nuts.............................then you aren't a Conservative...............and all this talk.........HOW YOU MADE THE GOP...............who they hell are you and do you have a mouse in your pocket?

Conservative Movements helped the GOP time and time again........but you would say the Conservatives are the problem.................How about 18 TRILLION reasons why we shouldn't listen to you..........................If that is Conservatism then I have some Ocean Front Property for you in Arizona................that is if we get the illegals off the land there first...................................

Your GRAND OLE PARTY didn't even have the BALLS to stand up to Obama on funding AMNESTY.................It's illegal yet the GOP gave the Green Light..............

3rd Party would be a direct challenge to the GOP STATUS QUO................and would be a godsend to the Dems......

You brought up Perot, not me. If you didn't think it was applicable to you, then bringing him up wasn't very bright.

So let me repeat it once again. The party isn't going to change for you. Ever. If you think it will, you are a fool. So go out on your own and act like you have a pair, rather than sucking off the GOP teat and complaining that nobody listens to you. Go... we don't need you, we don't want you. It's our party and you can stick your complaints up your collective backsides. And we sincerely hope you don't like it.

The fact is, both parties have changed over time and I am sure they will continue to do so.

History proves you are wrong about the party never changing.

How the Democratic and Republican Parties Have Changed in 8 Charts - NationalJournal.com

The fact is, both parties have changed over time and I am sure they will continue to do so.

History proves you are wrong about the party never changing.

How the Democratic and Republican Parties Have Changed in 8 Charts - NationalJournal.com

I'm not wrong. Take another look at those charts. The darkest shades are what you call the "true conservatives". It remains a minority group and that isn't going to change. Most people are not ideologues and are not attracted by either end of the political spectrum. In fact, I expect there are people who are being counted in that "very conservative" category who people here would call a RINO. This is because, while incessantly talking about liberty, they attack anyone who varies from the ideological line to any extent at all.

The GOP is never going to be what you want it to be. The large majority of republicans don't want it to be what you want it to be. So go.... create something more to your liking. We are not going to roll over for you.

Forum List

Back