POLL: Conservatives/Republicans: Should the Tea Party secede?

Should the Tea Party secede from the GOP?

• Yes

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
What a lame ass thread.

Good God. What's next?? Let all liberals secede from the Union??

Now that one I could get behind. LOL

The GOP needs to return to its principles and its base. Kick out the rinos.
What percentage of the party would you say are RINOs?.
25%, but they are all in powerful positions.
Okay, so if we agree that the Tea Party is 25% of one party, wouldn't that mean that it's not nearly large enough to win on its own?

In addition, the tea party is not a party. It is a loosely organized movement for lower taxes and less intrusive government. It is the center right of the GOP.

A third party would help the dems, never forget that Perot elected Clinton.

What a lame ass thread.

Good God. What's next?? Let all liberals secede from the Union??

Now that one I could get behind. LOL

I agree. Now that we have relations with Cuba, all libs could move there.

Okay, so if we agree that the Tea Party is 25% of one party, wouldn't that mean that it's not nearly large enough to win on its own?
In addition, the tea party is not a party. It is a loosely organized movement for lower taxes and less intrusive government. It is the center right of the GOP.

This is the part I don't understand. If they kick out the RINOs as you said, the party becomes significantly smaller. If they don't kick out the RINOs, they're pissed off at the RINOs and saying they want to kick them out.

Which one is it?

No secession. They should work to pry the RINOs in their party out of the positions of power. Secession would merely strengthen that faction, resulting in two political parties representing Democrat interests.

Working within the structure won't work unless there is a massive die off of the elders who not only hold the power but the purse strings of the party.

It's not just an R party issue. Look what happened to all the blue dogs that got elected in 2006 and 2008.

They are mostly all gone. Because once they showed up inside the beltway Pelosi and Reid forced them to march lock step with their agendas.

There's a reason D's lost to R's in 2010, 2012 and especially 2014.

Elders are always replaced by more elders.

This is the part I don't understand. If they kick out the RINOs as you said, the party becomes significantly smaller. If they don't kick out the RINOs, they're pissed off at the RINOs and saying they want to kick them out.

Which one is it?

Its a mess. but both parties have it. The difference is that republicans think and speak for themselves whereas dems all toe the party line no matter what they really believe.

In the case of dems, its either brainwashing or just plain old fashioned stupidity.

What percentage of the party would you say are RINOs?
I'd say over half.
If that's the case, then getting rid of them would be a lousy idea.

I'd agree, I guess the Tea Party is 20% to 25% of the party.

Replacing them with true conservatives is what needs to be done.

term limits would help.

Yes. Absolutely. And when the Teabagger candidate only gets 2% of the vote in the general, the GOP will stop pissing themselves over these nuts.
Teabaggers should refuse all food until one of theirs gains the White House.....
Oh aren't you two just cute as a faggot button... both of you fantasizing about having a big sweaty, sagging, ball sack dropped in your suck hole.

But for the rest of us, it's back to the OP and try and ignore you two scrotum loving little queers...

... yes, I think the republican party is in shambles as is the dems. There are establishment, good ole boys, career, bought and paid for reps in both parties. The repubs have a chance to clean their party up. The dems would never think of it... they'll support any trash that comes down the pike that says they're a prog.

If the repubs won't get back to their roots, then the true conservative patriots of the party should vacate. The repubs that are left can be renamed DEM LITE.

ditch2.jpg

316907_426651260737599_1551676266_n.jpg

Kick the RINO's out. A third party would benefit the Dems. Conservative principles need to be pushed to the front within the party.
No third party. As one poster has already stated............REMEMBER ROSS PEROT.
RINOS_NoMoreRINOS_25.png

I'd say over half.

term limits would help.

In full agreement.

I'd say over half.

Not going to happen.

I'd say over half.

Not going to happen.

Thanks Mr. Optimist.

ditch2.jpg

Kick the RINO's out. A third party would benefit the Dems. Conservative principles need to be pushed to the front within the party.
No third party. As one poster has already stated............REMEMBER ROSS PEROT.
RINOS_NoMoreRINOS_25.png

You can't take back the GOP. You never had the GOP. If you want to control your own party, you need to form your own party. Regardless of what fantasies people might have, the "RINOs" are the GOP and they will continue to be the GOP.

ditch2.jpg

RINOS_NoMoreRINOS_25.png

You can't take back the GOP. You never had the GOP. If you want to control your own party, you need to form your own party. Regardless of what fantasies people might have, the "RINOs" are the GOP and they will continue to be the GOP.

I beg to differ.

To those who want to kick out the RINOs and take back the GOP:

To what part of its history do you want to return, specifically? What year(s)?

I'd say over half.

Not going to happen.

Thanks Mr. Optimist.

You're welcome.

ditch2.jpg

RINOS_NoMoreRINOS_25.png

those three clowns are not the GOP. They are history.

Who said anything about returning to another part of history?

We need to focus on the future.

Its not so much a move backwards as a move forwards. We need to move forward to reduce the size and scope of the federal government and to individual freedom.

and sorry libs, but true freedom includes both the freedom to succeed and the freedom to fail.

the government does not exist to ensure your success.

Forum List

Back