Poll: Do you want the Federal governemnt running all healthcare?

Do you want single payer healthcare run by the Federal government?

• No. I'd rather work and pay for my own healthcare

Votes: 56 83.6%
  • Yes. I trust the government to provide world class healthcare to everyone

Votes: 11 16.4%

• Total voters
Yes, a basic human right
"Right" as defined how?....Be specific.

Most nations with nowhere near our wealth have decided that decades ago. We are the wealthiest nation on earth and still use a putative healthcare system. You get sick, you will suffer not just physically but economically. .......your health is not my problem

Bandwagon and "grass is greener" fallacies....Not an argument.

If you have ever been really sick, you would realize how important healthcare is as a citizen
Appeal to emotion....Not an argument.

If we can afford to give a $1.5 trillion tax cut to our wealthiest citizens, we can afford to provide essential healthcare
Red herring....Not an argument.

Beside that, allowing someone to keep what they earned isn't "giving" them anything.
We are human beings
What made us the predominant creature on earh is our ability to form societies and be stronger as a society than we are as individuals

Great societies take care of their members. Allowing the sick to whither and die is not an act of a great society.

Yes, health care is a basic human right

No kidding, with that logic sounds like there may be a number of animals that deserve health care too....dumbass.
No idea what you are blabbering about

Try again

More people consider it as more people can’t afford healthcare. With costs increasing it seems inevitable.
Stop giving it away for free to people that can work and the price goes down
Lots of people who work don’t get it or it’s really expensive.
Yes because of government interference, when I was making 12 an hour 20 years ago I had the best insurance plan for 30 bucks a week. Fast forward to today. It’s out of control. Thanks to the government
Government keeps getting involved as it gets more expensive.

you have that backwards,,,it keeps getting more expensive because the government is involved,,,

just like with college tuition they know its a guaranteed check so they bump the price
Thé Government is not regulating enough

See the price of prescriptions vs countries with strict regulations?

That’s a clear NO
More people consider it as more people can’t afford healthcare. With costs increasing it seems inevitable.

Yes because of government interference, when I was making 12 an hour 20 years ago I had the best insurance plan for 30 bucks a week. Fast forward to today. It’s out of control. Thanks to the government

Wrong, the issue of healthcare in America is much too complicated to blame the government. For example, start here:

Medicare Fraud Reporting Center - Report Medicare Fraud Here - History of healthcare and the False Claims Act

if medicare didnt exist there would be nothing to defraud,,,

again the government is the problem,,,

you have that backwards,,,it keeps getting more expensive because the government is involved,,,

just like with college tuition they know its a guaranteed check so they bump the price

opinions vary,,,

employers have no business paying or being tax to pay for HC. It is an individual responsibility and this is why I support President Donald TREMENDOUS Trump
not sure you have that right,,,trump is an employer and pays for HC for his employees,,,

and if you knew anything it is because of employer based programs that get the price down because they bring large groups into one plan,,to get an individual plan is far more expensive,,,

employers have no business paying or being tax to pay for HC. It is an individual responsibility and this is why I support President Donald TREMENDOUS Trump
not sure you have that right,,,trump is an employer and pays for HC for his employees,,,

and if you knew anything it is because of employer based programs that get the price down because they bring large groups into one plan,,to get an individual plan is far more expensive,,,
I thought Trump was President.

I thought Trump was President.
yes he is that too,,,

man you are just to smart for me,,,

I remember Obama's promise that Obamacare would save all families about $2,500 a year, it actually cost them about $10,000 a year in deductibles, meaning that they basically pay premiums AND pay deductibles to see a doctor. McCain really screwed up not killing Obamacare when he had the chance.

The democrats are running on "single payer" Medicare for all, where the government pays for all healthcare, and its FREE when needed. I can't imagine the lines of people waiting to see doctors. I wonder what GS pay grade doctors would get?

These two links basically prove two main points:
1. About 20% of the population uses 80% of the healthcare system. Can you say "pre-existing conditions"?

Does 20% of the population really use 80% of health care dollars?
2. The bottom 50% of the population by income pays basically nothing for healthcare
How do health expenditures vary across the population? - Peterson-Kaiser Health System Tracker

How can we improve the US healthcare system?
1. The bottom half of the population needs to work to get healthcare, medicaid needs to be cut
2. The 20% of the sickest need top pay more for healthcare since they use most of the resource

Any better ideas??

1. Are you willing to let the bottom half die in the streets if they cannot afford to pay for their healthcare?

2. They already pay more. My son is a Type-1 diabetic, the cost associated with that are enormous and I wonder how people manage.

There are a lot of problems with our system. I know a guy, he is about 28 or so, that was in between job and ended up in the ER and was diagnosed with Chrons disease. He spent 4 days in the hospital without insurance and will likely never be able to pay off what he owes. This is a problem with our system.

Around the time my mom and step-dad hit 70 they sold all their land and their house to my sister and BIL and essentially rented their house to avoid losing it all to the high cost of end of life care. This should not be necessary.

The problem in our country is we treat healthcare as both a commodity and a service. That cannot work in the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

There are a lot of problems with any system.

However, when the government takes over something, a mysterious thing happens. The media stops reporting about it and nothing is ever done about it ever again.

Yes, a basic human right
"Right" as defined how?....Be specific.

Most nations with nowhere near our wealth have decided that decades ago. We are the wealthiest nation on earth and still use a putative healthcare system. You get sick, you will suffer not just physically but economically. .......your health is not my problem

Bandwagon and "grass is greener" fallacies....Not an argument.

If you have ever been really sick, you would realize how important healthcare is as a citizen
Appeal to emotion....Not an argument.

If we can afford to give a $1.5 trillion tax cut to our wealthiest citizens, we can afford to provide essential healthcare
Red herring....Not an argument.

Beside that, allowing someone to keep what they earned isn't "giving" them anything.
We are human beings
What made us the predominant creature on earh is our ability to form societies and be stronger as a society than we are as individuals

Great societies take care of their members. Allowing the sick to whither and die is not an act of a great society.

Yes, health care is a basic human right

No kidding, with that logic sounds like there may be a number of animals that deserve health care too....dumbass.
No idea what you are blabbering about

Try again

Sorry, how about something on your level?
th

Wrong.

We have mandatory auto insurance, and we're still all paying an item called "uninsured motorist".

This raises the question: If the the mandatory insurance laws works and everyone is required to have coverage, why is it we still have to pay for uninsured drivers?

It should not be mandatory, but insurance lobbyists bribed congressmen.

Now insurance companies have government laws backing them, not a good situation.
You people prefer to let the rich get richer and the poor die from lack of proper healthcare benefits.

No, we prefer to have FREEDOM of choice, and not be dictated to for everything by an overbearing, tyrannical government. Something you people have put up with for centuries. Anybody can walk into a U.S. hospital and get healthcare if they need it. If they can't afford to pay they are NOT CHARGED anything,

Nobody is dying in the streets unless they are drug users, crazy, etc.
Choosing universal healthcare for this country is a freedom, and it will come to be: the voters will choose it.

I think our healthcare system needs an overhaul. Obamacare did huge damage to it. However, a government run system is not the answer. Universal healthcare will neither be affordable, nor sustainable in a country of 330 million and growing with ILLEGALS and people that don't pay into it. We are not Canada, nor the UK. We are different, have different social pressures, and need a different, market based, competitive and efficient solution.
Yada, yada, yada, yada....same old ignorant BS. Medicare works for millions of Americans. Medicare for all will work for the entire country. Stop being negative and looking backwards. Look forward.

Now insurance companies have government laws backing them, not a good situation.
You people prefer to let the rich get richer and the poor die from lack of proper healthcare benefits.

No, we prefer to have FREEDOM of choice, and not be dictated to for everything by an overbearing, tyrannical government. Something you people have put up with for centuries. Anybody can walk into a U.S. hospital and get healthcare if they need it. If they can't afford to pay they are NOT CHARGED anything,

Choosing universal healthcare for this country is a freedom, and it will come to be: the voters will choose it.

I think our healthcare system needs an overhaul. Obamacare did huge damage to it. However, a government run system is not the answer. Universal healthcare will neither be affordable, nor sustainable in a country of 330 million and growing with ILLEGALS and people that don't pay into it. We are not Canada, nor the UK. We are different, have different social pressures, and need a different, market based, competitive and efficient solution.
Yada, yada, yada, yada....same old ignorant BS. Medicare works for millions of Americans. Medicare for all will work for the entire country. Stop being negative and looking backwards. Look forward.

why havent you moved to a country more to your liking???
there are several out there,,,

What an idiotic reply. America love it or leave it? Fool.

In America we waste billions on health care catering to millionaire doctors, pharmaceutical companies, and over-priced medical equipment, as well as for-profit insurance companies. Get a brain. See the light.

What an idiotic reply. America love it or leave it? Fool.

so you choose to be a fascist and impose your big government beliefs on everyone else,,

so YES I'd rather be a fool then a fascist,,,

You should try to get into an Emergency Room in South Florida.

You can't. It is FILLED to the brim with beaners, none of whom have insurance.

Because they know, they have been instructed and taught, that the E-Room MUST treat them.

Then they take off never to pay a dime of the costs.

So what do the Hospitals and Doctors do?

They cost-shift it onto the those who CAN pay. You. Me.

We need to have a Mandatory Insurance Law in this Country. Just like you are required to have Auto Insurance (which is private)
Wrong.

We have mandatory auto insurance, and we're still all paying an item called "uninsured motorist".

This raises the question: If the the mandatory insurance laws works and everyone is required to have coverage, why is it we still have to pay for uninsured drivers?

Not exactly true, they will be changed for the services rendered. Whether they pay it or not is a different story.

If they are an American citizen and cannot pay it then it will haunt them on their credit report for much of their life.

Either way, those of us who can pay will pay for those people...one way or another

All we have to do is make the wealthy and corporations pay their fair share of taxes, and it would cover all costs for universal health care. End of.

Wrong.

Not exactly true, they will be changed for the services rendered. Whether they pay it or not is a different story.

If they are an American citizen and cannot pay it then it will haunt them on their credit report for much of their life.

Either way, those of us who can pay will pay for those people...one way or another

All we have to do is make the wealthy and corporations pay their fair share of taxes, and it would cover all costs for universal health care. End of.

still with the fascist BS

Government run health care certainly was not working for those poor veterans in Arizona.

People who were too sick were put on secret do not treat lists cuz they did not have the resources to care for them.

One bureaucrat who had nothing to do with the situation was fired and on they go. All they need is one sacrificial lamb.

Nothing ever changes.

The OP's premise is a lie, the entire post is a lie, the OP is a liar.

Define "running all healthcare" liar.

Calling me a liar without posting the "truth" is bullshit. Either put up or shut up.
I posted credible links backing up my post, you put up low IQ whining, thanks for playing.
"Running all healthcare" is what Bernie and the dems are proposing, i.e. government run single payer Medicare for all.

Hello? McFly? Tuition prices were normal until the government stepped in to "help".
Then came relaxed admission standards, inflated tuition and book prices, and more cushy administrative jobs because hey, Uncle Sugar will pick up the tab. It's fucking sickening.

To think the exact same thing would not happen with medical care is folly.

I remember Obama's promise that Obamacare would save all families about $2,500 a year, it actually cost them about $10,000 a year in deductibles, meaning that they basically pay premiums AND pay deductibles to see a doctor. McCain really screwed up not killing Obamacare when he had the chance.

The democrats are running on "single payer" Medicare for all, where the government pays for all healthcare, and its FREE when needed. I can't imagine the lines of people waiting to see doctors. I wonder what GS pay grade doctors would get?

These two links basically prove two main points:
1. About 20% of the population uses 80% of the healthcare system. Can you say "pre-existing conditions"?

Does 20% of the population really use 80% of health care dollars?
2. The bottom 50% of the population by income pays basically nothing for healthcare
How do health expenditures vary across the population? - Peterson-Kaiser Health System Tracker

How can we improve the US healthcare system?
1. The bottom half of the population needs to work to get healthcare, medicaid needs to be cut
2. The 20% of the sickest need top pay more for healthcare since they use most of the resource

Any better ideas??

1. Are you willing to let the bottom half die in the streets if they cannot afford to pay for their healthcare?

2. They already pay more. My son is a Type-1 diabetic, the cost associated with that are enormous and I wonder how people manage.

There are a lot of problems with our system. I know a guy, he is about 28 or so, that was in between job and ended up in the ER and was diagnosed with Chrons disease. He spent 4 days in the hospital without insurance and will likely never be able to pay off what he owes. This is a problem with our system.

Around the time my mom and step-dad hit 70 they sold all their land and their house to my sister and BIL and essentially rented their house to avoid losing it all to the high cost of end of life care. This should not be necessary.

The problem in our country is we treat healthcare as both a commodity and a service. That cannot work in the long run.

There are a lot of problems with any system.

However, when the government takes over something, a mysterious thing happens. The media stops reporting about it and nothing is ever done about it ever again.

I am not advocating for governmental take over.

Forum List

Back