POLL: Does the other side of the issues at least have reasonable points?

Does the other side of the issues AT LEAST make some reasonable points?

• Total voters
Pretty straightforward question here. As our political rhetoric becomes more binary and divided, I wonder how many of us believe that the other side of issues AT LEAST make SOME reasonable, understandable points when they argue their side. At least on the major issues confronting us.

Thoughts?

I said no. In real life, sure. But here? Not so much. As long as responses on this 'political' message board stay completely binary and absolute, like 'all democrats do this' and 'all republicans do that' there won't be much room for compromise or debate. Right now, IMO this place is nothing but a right wing echo chamber.

Pretty straightforward question here. As our political rhetoric becomes more binary and divided, I wonder how many of us believe that the other side of issues AT LEAST make SOME reasonable, understandable points when they argue their side. At least on the major issues confronting us.

Thoughts?

I said no. In real life, sure. But here? Not so much. As long as responses on this 'political' message board stay completely binary and absolute, like 'all democrats do this' and 'all republicans do that' there won't be much room for compromise or debate. Right now, IMO this place is nothing but a right wing echo chamber.
Well, there's a lot of bluster driven by internet anonymity here, so most folks are afraid to give an inch.

But in general, I think there are two (at least) reasonable sides to all major issues, even if the nutters are lousy at expressing them.

The problem is that more and more of the political rhetoric in the real world is getting closer to what we see here.

The problem is that more and more of the political rhetoric in the real world is getting closer to what we see here.

Perhaps it is. When you have blatant corruption, an out of control media and an administration bent on boosting political division, a change needs to be made somewhere. Otherwise, this path is going to eventually lead us to an even worse place. Like a Fall of Rome kind of place.

Perhaps it is. When you have blatant corruption, an out of control media and an administration bent on boosting political division, a change needs to be made somewhere. Otherwise, this path is going to eventually lead us to an even worse place. Like a Fall of Rome kind of place.
Too many people with a vested professional interest in keeping us divided, angry, isolated.

It's all a matter of perspective.

If you espouse this country's founding principals, then no, the Trumpbots have few if any reasonable points.

If you believe in a classful society, and believe that America should be a classful capitalist oligarchy, then the Trumpbots make sense.

Too many people with a vested professional interest in keeping us divided, angry, isolated.

Of course. As they say, money talks. Unfortunately, now it shouts and drowns out the whole room. However, Lincoln said it best:"a house divided against itself cannot stand."

Depends - There are sane, smart, intellectual conservatives. None of them support Donald Trump who fits none of those adjectives and there are precious few (if any) around here!

Thoughts?

Mr Bitchin being ambiguous as fuck again...huh?

Thoughts?

...Or it could be you're just flat out fucking dumb.

Thoughts?

I'm so far up in his head at this point, he doesn't even try to hide it.

Thoughts?
Depends on which "other side" you're talking about.

The demented tRumpling harpies who frequent this site, or the nominal adults (no, I'm not referring to Cheeto Jesus) who really participate in the government?
Well, I'm talking about whichever side is on the other end for you. So yeah, in your case, the Trumpsters.
Then no. The local tRumplings rarely even try to make a point, it's mostly a barrage of "liberals suck" hatred and "our great president tRump" sucking up.
I make a point, and then I point out that you suck. The two things are not mutually exclusive.

Thoughts?

Well, he did pick an appropriate handle ;)

Thoughts?

Yes...you isolated, mail order bride owning introverted hillbillies are always the uber intelligent among us.

There used to be some commonality before Trump and his Trumpbots came along. Since they mainly seem bent on letting Trump rule by edict rather than having actual coherent policies I can't see supporting anything they do.
What you're trying to claim is that TDS isn't solely your fault. Trump hasn't done a thing to drive you morons crazy except get elected and us the legal procedures of government to implement his agenda. The "rule by edict" meme is pure horseshit. No president did more of that than Barrack Hussein Obama.

Yes...that's what all Mr Bitchin's do...they induce and orchestrate. You are fucking brilliant just ask you or your butt buddy Tumblin Tumbleweed
You've finally got it!

You nutters are essentially like a small, wet, wormy thing wiggling around in my mental Petri dish.

Poke. Observe. Poke. Observe. Flush.

Nice to see it dawn on you. It's about time.

Last edited:

Thoughts?

Yes you own me...meanwhile you wont dare engage in any exchange of dialogue as I've taken you to school far too many times...I don't blame you...play safe and save face.

Thoughts?

Yes you own me...meanwhile you wont dare engage in any exchange of dialogue as I've taken you to school far too many times...I don't blame you...play safe and save face.
I don't bother any more because you constantly misrepresent my positions.

Trying to communicate with people like you is like trying to communicate with a wild-eyed jihadist or a protest sign-holding Westboro Baptist Church member picketing the funeral of a fallen soldier. A waste of time.

You're a curiosity only for me. Your behaviors are fascinating. Your opinions are worthless.

Last edited:

Thoughts?

Yes...you isolated, mail order bride owning introverted hillbillies are always the uber intelligent among us.

Mail order bride owning extroverted buttholes?

Agree

3l8xat.jpg

Forum List

Back