[POLL] - Liberals, how much is a "fair share?" - Taxes

What's the "fair share?"

• Total voters
Circumstantial evidence: Texas, does not have state income tax. Texas has sales tax and property tax. Texas has a robust and fast growing economy.
Except that most of those jobs, are public-sector jobs.

Personal Opinion: When choosing a place to raise a family I choose Texas, been here 20years. The number one reason I choose Texas is how they tax, and more particularly how they do not tax. The number two reason I choose Texas was the family oriented focus Texas has.
"...family oriented focus..."?

They execute more people than any state in the country.

The schools are exemplary, without over spending.
You can thank government stimulus money for that.

Personal Observations: Folks here in Texas do not complain about the state taxes with only a few exceptions. For example, the retired folks typically vote against bonds for new schools.
That explains their stupidity. Because when they do vote, it's for some idiot like Rick Perry.

Justification: At some point we have to fund the functions of Government if we are to have one. Sales tax is, by my argument, the best of the choices. The primary reason being that Personal Income taxes are a vile theft of a man's labor without his permission.
If I gotta pay taxes, then so does everyone else.

We need to increase capital gains and dividend taxes to 25%.

Alternatives: If you change these Personal Income taxes by allowing us to pick and choose which government services we will buy, then it's ok (alternative 1). Forcing someone to fund someone else's idea of an ideal life is ridiculous, vile, despicable, ... hell it makes me so mad, so as to consider preparing for civil war (alternative 2).
You wouldn't be talking about corporate welfare, would you?

OK, I see what you're asking now. That would be primarily because of excess social security payments. Social security is just a tax, there is no trust fund. The balance of the debt, government owes itself.

That "excess" is applied to the budget deficit. It still has to be paid back.

Budget deficit for FY2008 -- over one trillion dollars.

But wait, you already knew this -- here you are, pointing this out yourself when arguing how Clinton didn't balance the budget. YOU pointed this out yourself.

If Clinton balanced the budget, then why did the national debt go up every year he was President?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Like I said, you're a fucking nut.

When attacking the Democrat (Clinton), you include the entire budget deficit, both public and intra-governmental.

When defending the Republican (Bush), you intentionally omit the intra-governmental debt.

Nice. Real nice. :eusa_whistle:

The money invested by the Trust Fund into Treasuries is no different than money you and I have I'm Treasuries. It's all part of the National Debt that we are obligated to pay off. Money that we borrowed to pay for Bush's holy wars, money that he gave to the wealthy in tax cuts, money that we had to borrow to get the economy back on track. after he derailed it.

Thanks to Obama we now have an economy that allows us that repayment.

No thanks to the House that continues to try to derail it again.

I hear ya man, the kool aid tastes awesome!

:alcoholic:

Everyone needs skin in the game; the expectation of paying their own way - a consumption tax is fair.

Circumstantial evidence: Texas, does not have state income tax. Texas has sales tax and property tax. Texas has a robust and fast growing economy.

Personal Opinion: When choosing a place to raise a family I choose Texas, been here 20years. The number one reason I choose Texas is how they tax, and more particularly how they do not tax. The number two reason I choose Texas was the family oriented focus Texas has.

That explains their stupidity. Because when they do vote, it's for some idiot like Rick Perry.

Justification: At some point we have to fund the functions of Government if we are to have one. Sales tax is, by my argument, the best of the choices. The primary reason being that Personal Income taxes are a vile theft of a man's labor without his permission.

Alternatives: If you change these Personal Income taxes by allowing us to pick and choose which government services we will buy, then it's ok (alternative 1). Forcing someone to fund someone else's idea of an ideal life is ridiculous, vile, despicable, ... hell it makes me so mad, so as to consider preparing for civil war (alternative 2).

>> Most of those jobs, are public-sector jobs.
That is a lie.

>> They execute more people than any state in the country.
Yes, we execute murders instead of electing to the highest office.

>> idiot like Rick Perry.
Perry, sucks. He won because he was the republican party's nominee.

>> We need to increase capital gains and dividend taxes to 25%
Screw you. Get a job.

>> You wouldn't be talking about corporate welfare, would you?
Why do you have to make stupid accusations like corporate welfare? WTH is corporate welfare? You mean like all those billions Obama pissed away on "green" companies that moved to China?

Everyone needs skin in the game; the expectation of paying their own way - a consumption tax is fair.

Some people spend all of their skin surviving. Aren't you glad that misfortune didn't deal that hand to you?

The consumption tax hurts those who have to spend their whole income to survive much worse than those who could survive on the change in the cushions of their couch. And those who have to work harder than average just to survive actually contribute more to the economy than those to whom work is optional.

No royalty for me. Everyone has to produce. Real work.

>> Most of those jobs, are public-sector jobs.
That is a lie.

>> They execute more people than any state in the country.
Yes, we execute murders instead of electing to the highest office.

>> idiot like Rick Perry.
Perry, sucks. He won because he was the republican party's nominee.

>> We need to increase capital gains and dividend taxes to 25%
Screw you. Get a job.

>> You wouldn't be talking about corporate welfare, would you?
Why do you have to make stupid accusations like corporate welfare? WTH is corporate welfare? You mean like all those billions Obama pissed away on "green" companies that moved to China?

Tell us why income from wealth should not be taxed at a higher rate than income from work.

Tell us why income from wealth should not be taxed at a higher rate than income from work.

Neither Income from investments, nor income from labor should be punished with taxes.

What makes you think you deserve any of my assets or any portion of my labor?

Taxing investment gain is no different than stealing a portion of someone's assets. And why are we doing this? Oh yeah, because they had the nerve to invest their assets. Such as by building a company that employs people.

Neither Income from investments, nor income from labor should be punished with taxes.

Taxing investment gain is no different than stealing a portion of someone's assets. And why are we doing this? Oh yeah, because they had the nerve to invest their assets. Such as by building a company that employs people.

Making money without work is worthless to the economy. It should be taxed at a higher rate than work that produces wealth.

You don't have to pay taxes. Just move to someplace with no government services. Somalia is as close as the world comes.

Enjoy your savings.

Making money without work is worthless to the economy. It should be taxed at a higher rate than work that produces wealth.

You don't have to pay taxes. Just move to someplace with no government services. Somalia is as close as the world comes.

Enjoy your savings.
Only an mental midget would think investment money is worthless to an economy.

Typical rhetoric for you, give me your money or leave the country. What a jerk.

What would be fair is if you could show that your wealth actually created jobs it should be taxed the same as income from work (which does create wealth). If, on the other hand, you are just betting against others on stock prices it, as well as gambling winnings, should be taxed at 2X income from work.

Why Republicans economic plans will never work.

Taxes are at their lowest levels in decades. An orgy of tax cuts under Bush and what did it do for the country? Besides "decay"?

Republicans claim they aren't free to hate in this country and that makes them very unhappy. They complain they have to pay for stuff. Clearly, they want to live here for free. Too bad they don't go to a place where they are welcome. Like Antarctica.

You can be free in this country, but you can't live here for free. Freedom costs money. If you don't want to pay for that freedom, then go.

What would be fair is if you could show that your wealth actually created jobs it should be taxed the same as income from work (which does create wealth). If, on the other hand, you are just betting against others on stock prices it, as well as gambling winnings, should be taxed at 2X income from work.

So my investment dollars should be taxed three times. The first time I earn them as labor tax. A second time in the form of tax paid by my employee when I spend my money to pay his paycheck, a third time on profit from the product my employee built. ROFL idiots.

Why don't you just get a job and stop trying to come up with ways to screw over people that are building this country?

Enjoy your savings.

No taxes, no services. Eminently fair.

The vast majority of investment transactions are no different than horse race bets. The winners take from the losers.

The conservative plutocracy is the same package as royalty has been selling for centuries. We're special. You're not. Give us your money.

Mankind has known for centuries the best answer to that.

You're not special. Go to work.

Taxes are at their lowest levels in decades. An orgy of tax cuts under Bush and what did it do for the country? Besides "decay"?

Republicans claim they aren't free to hate in this country and that makes them very unhappy. They complain they have to pay for stuff. Clearly, they want to live here for free. Too bad they don't go to a place where they are welcome. Like Antarctica.

You can be free in this country, but you can't live here for free. Freedom costs money. If you don't want to pay for that freedom, then go.

No you are right we should raise taxes on the middle class.. :cuckoo:

Enjoy your savings.

No taxes, no services. Eminently fair.

The vast majority of investment transactions are no different than horse race bets. The winners take from the losers.

I see, so when someone buys a t-bill or buys a city bond it's a horse bet on whether or not they get their money back. Interesting. I'm gonna guess you know absolutely nothing about investments.

Where did I say anything about "no taxes?" I'm a proponent for police, fire, and rescue services at the state and local level and a proponent of some federal services. What I'm not a proponent of is wealth re-distribution systems disguised as police, fire, and rescue services.

No you are right we should raise taxes on the middle class.. :cuckoo:

Typical conservative knee jerk. Raise taxes on anybody who's not me.

Why?

If you don't want to pay for government services, fine. Go somewhere that has none. Don't impose your delusion on sensible people. We know what you get for nothing.

The conservative plutocracy is the same package as royalty has been selling for centuries. We're special. You're not. Give us your money.

Mankind has known for centuries the best answer to that.

You're not special. Go to work.

I work. I just choose to not earn much at this time. I'm holding out for a better POTUS and a fairer less progressive tax system.

So my investment dollars should be taxed three times. The first time I earn them as labor tax. A second time in the form of tax paid by my employee when I spend my money to pay his paycheck, a third time on profit from the product my employee built. ROFL idiots.

Why don't you just get a job and stop trying to come up with ways to screw over people that are building this country?

Each dollar that you make gets taxed once for the services that you consume. If you don't want government services, go where there are none offered. It seems so simple to me. Don't go to stores that you can't afford.

Forum List

Back