[POLL] - Liberals, how much is a "fair share?" - Taxes

What's the "fair share?"

• Total voters
Why Republicans economic plans will never work.

Taxes are at their lowest levels in decades. An orgy of tax cuts under Bush and what did it do for the country? Besides "decay"?

Republicans claim they aren't free to hate in this country and that makes them very unhappy. They complain they have to pay for stuff. Clearly, they want to live here for free. Too bad they don't go to a place where they are welcome. Like Antarctica.

You can be free in this country, but you can't live here for free. Freedom costs money. If you don't want to pay for that freedom, then go.

No you are right we should raise taxes on the middle class.. :cuckoo:

Typical conservative knee jerk. Raise taxes on anybody who's not me.

Why?

If you don't want to pay for government services, fine. Go somewhere that has none. Don't impose your delusion on sensible people. We know what you get for nothing.

You two are really this retarded? The Bush tax cuts were bigger for the middle class than they were for the rich. The rich have lost their tax breaks already. Removing the rest of the Bush tax cuts leaves just the tax cuts for the middle class. Duh.

What would be fair is if you could show that your wealth actually created jobs it should be taxed the same as income from work (which does create wealth). If, on the other hand, you are just betting against others on stock prices it, as well as gambling winnings, should be taxed at 2X income from work.

So my investment dollars should be taxed three times. The first time I earn them as labor tax. A second time in the form of tax paid by my employee when I spend my money to pay his paycheck, a third time on profit from the product my employee built. ROFL idiots.

Why don't you just get a job and stop trying to come up with ways to screw over people that are building this country?

Each dollar that you make gets taxed once for the services that you consume. If you don't want government services, go where there are none offered. It seems so simple to me. Don't go to stores that you can't afford.

So no one should save for retirement? No one should save money? Saving money and investing are "evil?" WTF is wrong with you retards?

OP- More than they pay now- quadrupling their wealth while the country is ruined...

We are extreme in the world in terms of wealth distribution. That has demonstrated to be dysfunctional in many ways. The Republican solution? Make it more extreme and see what happens.

They've never met a problem that they couldn't ignore.

The conservative plutocracy is the same package as royalty has been selling for centuries. We're special. You're not. Give us your money.

Mankind has known for centuries the best answer to that.

You're not special. Go to work.

I work. I just choose to not earn much at this time. I'm holding out for a better POTUS and a fairer less progressive tax system.

Your choice. Enjoy it.

The conservative plutocracy is the same package as royalty has been selling for centuries. We're special. You're not. Give us your money.

Mankind has known for centuries the best answer to that.

You're not special. Go to work.

I work. I just choose to not earn much at this time. I'm holding out for a better POTUS and a fairer less progressive tax system.

Your choice. Enjoy it.

Oh I am.

We all work at what we're best at. At least sensible ones do. We all get a portion of the wealth that we produce. Some want the wealth without the production. Some want free government services. Some think of themselves as entitled.

I think of everyone as equal in the sense that they have to create more wealth than they make. Imagine that?

We all work at what we're best at. At least sensible ones do. We all get a portion of the wealth that we produce. Some want the wealth without the production. Some want free government services. Some think of themselves as entitled.

I think of everyone as equal in the sense that they have to create more wealth than they make. Imagine that?

Have to create more wealth than they make? WTH are you talking about.

Are you one of those people that think the only real jobs are jobs that make products? That people who build companies are worthless?

News flash: Worker bees are a necessary element to an economy, but they are not the only element of the economy.

Last edited:
Tax capital gains as income.

Get rid of the 100K cap on taxable SS income.

Raise the minimum wage.

Tax capital gains as income.

Get rid of the 100K cap on taxable SS income.

Raise the minimum wage.

Eliminate the federal minimum wage law.
Replace SS with a 401k system.
Eliminate progressive tax rates replacing them with flat taxes on sales and imports.
Cut discretionary spending of the federal government to Clinton levels / GDP.

>> Most of those jobs, are public-sector jobs.
That is a lie.
No it's not.
Texas' economy has been helped by rising public-sector employment, federal stimulus money, and regulations that helped shield the state from the housing bubble.

>> They execute more people than any state in the country.
Yes, we execute murders instead of electing to the highest office.
You execute the clinically insane. You execute minorities. What you don't execute, is rich white people.

>> We need to increase capital gains and dividend taxes to 25%
Screw you. Get a job.
Fuck you, that shit goes up to 25%.

I'm sick of you fuckers getting a free ride off my tax dollar.

>> You wouldn't be talking about corporate welfare, would you?
Why do you have to make stupid accusations like corporate welfare? WTH is corporate welfare? You mean like all those billions Obama pissed away on "green" companies that moved to China?
No. Government subsidies to oil companies. Tax breaks and loopholes that allow companies to offshore their profits so they don't have to pay taxes. How does a billion dollar a year company like GE pay no tax?

Eliminate progressive tax rates replacing them with flat taxes on sales and imports.
If the private sector gets their greedy hands on SS, there will be no retirement money for anyone.

If the private sector gets their greedy hands on SS, there will be no retirement money for anyone.

lol.. I've put twice as much of my money into SS than my 401k, yet my 401k will give me an order of magnitude more in retirement than I will get out of my SS checks. I'm gonna guess you are not a math or finance guy.

Last edited:
lol.. I've put twice as much of my money into SS than my 401k, yet my 401k will give me an order of magnitude more in retirement than I will get out of my SS checks. I'm gonna guess you are not a math or finance guy.
Tell that to all the people who lost their 401k when the financial industry decided to go playing with their accounts in the fraudelant derrivitives market.

That is a lie.
No it's not.
Texas' economy has been helped by rising public-sector employment, federal stimulus money, and regulations that helped shield the state from the housing bubble.

You execute the clinically insane. You execute minorities. What you don't execute, is rich white people.

>> We need to increase capital gains and dividend taxes to 25%
Screw you. Get a job.
Fuck you, that shit goes up to 25%.

I'm sick of you fuckers getting a free ride off my tax dollar.

>> You wouldn't be talking about corporate welfare, would you?
Why do you have to make stupid accusations like corporate welfare? WTH is corporate welfare? You mean like all those billions Obama pissed away on "green" companies that moved to China?
No. Government subsidies to oil companies. Tax breaks and loopholes that allow companies to offshore their profits so they don't have to pay taxes. How does a billion dollar a year company like GE pay no tax?

That is a lie.
>> No it's not.
Yes, it is. Your cite from one month in 2011 right after a one time expansion for education and police is total bull crap. The government isn't even the biggest sector in Texas let alone the majority of all sectors put together. Put down the bong dude.

>> I'm sick of you fuckers getting a free ride off my tax dollar.

Ah now the truth comes out. You don't have any savings so you want to fuck your retired neighbor over for a bigger piece of his assets. This because you are to stupid to put some money away for your own investments.

>> How does a billion dollar a year company like GE pay no tax?

Corporate taxes are based on profit. A company would have to have a moron for a CEO to have a profit that is taxed at the end of the year.

That is a lie.
>> No it's not.
Yes, it is. Your cite from one month in 2011 right after a one time expansion for education and police is total bull crap. The government isn't even the biggest sector in Texas let alone the majority of all sectors put together. Put down the bong dude.
Take that condescending attitude and shove it up your big Texas ass!

You're not providing any evidence to back up your claim. All you're doing is shooting your fuckin' mouth off. You're not proving anything.

Ah now the truth comes out. You don't have any savings so you want to fuck your retired neighbor over for a bigger piece of his assets. This because you are to stupid to put some money away for your own investments.
A big reason he has those assets in the first place is because he is paying less of a tax rate than I am.

We need to increase the tax rate on capital gains and dividends a full 10%.

Corporate taxes are based on profit. A company would have to have a moron for a CEO to have a profit that is taxed at the end of the year.
GE made a billion dollars in profit last year and paid no tax. How the fuck does that happen? I thought you were good at math?

Tell that to all the people who lost their 401k when the financial industry decided to go playing with their accounts in the fraudelant derrivitives market.
The only people who lost out are the ones that sold out at the bottom. The market is higher now than it has ever been. Additionally, 401k does not necessarily mean stocks. One can invest conservatively and still beat SS by an order of magnitude.

Forum List

Back