[POLL] - Liberals, how much is a "fair share?" - Taxes

What's the "fair share?"

• Total voters
>> Most of those jobs, are public-sector jobs.
That is a lie.
>> No it's not.
Yes, it is. Your cite from one month in 2011 right after a one time expansion for education and police is total bull crap. The government isn't even the biggest sector in Texas let alone the majority of all sectors put together. Put down the bong dude.
Take that condescending attitude and shove it up your big Texas ass!

You're not providing any evidence to back up your claim. All you're doing is shooting your fuckin' mouth off. You're not proving anything.

Ah now the truth comes out. You don't have any savings so you want to fuck your retired neighbor over for a bigger piece of his assets. This because you are to stupid to put some money away for your own investments.
A big reason he has those assets in the first place is because he is paying less of a tax rate than I am.

We need to increase the tax rate on capital gains and dividends a full 10%.

Corporate taxes are based on profit. A company would have to have a moron for a CEO to have a profit that is taxed at the end of the year.
GE made a billion dollars in profit last year and paid no tax. How the fuck does that happen? I thought you were good at math?

>> You're not providing any evidence to back up your claim. All you're doing is shooting your fuckin' mouth off. You're not proving anything.

You got swindled by a stupid hit piece of an article that was written to embarrass a political candidate. You don't know anything about Texas, just admit you are wrong and move on. Or do you want to put up a bet on who's right on this?

GE is an international company. As such they can arrange for the income to be focused in regions with lower tax rates. You want GE to pay more taxes in the US? Lower your tax rates.

The only people who lost out are the ones that sold out at the bottom. The market is higher now than it has ever been. Additionally, 401k does not necessarily mean stocks. One can invest conservatively and still beat SS by an order of magnitude.
WTF do you mean "...only people who lost out..."?

When the derrivitives market crashed, if affected the economy's of the entire planet.

You got swindled by a stupid hit piece of an article that was written to embarrass a political candidate. You don't know anything about Texas, just admit you are wrong and move on. Or do you want to put up a bet on who's right on this?
Prove it's a "stupid hit piece".

Your personal opinion is not proof.

If you can't prove I'm wrong, why should I admit it?

GE is an international company. As such they can arrange for the income to be focused in regions with lower tax rates.
Tax loopholes allow them to offshore those profits, when they should be paying taxes on them.

You want GE to pay more taxes in the US? Lower your tax rates.
Fuck you, tax rates are low enough. How much lower can you go than zero?

The only people who lost out are the ones that sold out at the bottom. The market is higher now than it has ever been. Additionally, 401k does not necessarily mean stocks. One can invest conservatively and still beat SS by an order of magnitude.
WTF do you mean "...only people who lost out..."?

When the derrivitives market crashed, if affected the economy's of the entire planet.

so? Markets go up and down and up and down.. that's how they work. The discussion was about 401ks vs SS. Try to keep up. You were trying to explain to me how SS is a better investment vehicle than self managed 401ks.

so? Markets go up and down and up and down.. that's how they work. The discussion was about 401ks vs SS. Try to keep up. You were trying to explain to me how SS is a better investment vehicle than self managed 401ks.
401k's were affected by the fraudelant credit default swaps. SS isn't. SS is fine just the way it is. There is no reason to privatise it. Yeah, hand that shit over to corporations who don't give a shit about American's.

Prove it's a "stupid hit piece".

Your personal opinion is not proof.

If you can't prove I'm wrong, why should I admit it?

GE is an international company. As such they can arrange for the income to be focused in regions with lower tax rates.
Tax loopholes allow them to offshore those profits, when they should be paying taxes on them.

You want GE to pay more taxes in the US? Lower your tax rates.
Fuck you, tax rates are low enough. How much lower can you go than zero?

>> Your personal opinion is not proof. If you can't prove I'm wrong, why should I admit it?

I know the facts. My opinion is irrelevant. Care to wager or not?

>> Tax loopholes allow them to offshore those profits, when they should be paying taxes on them.

AYUP that's what I said.

>> Fuck you, tax rates are low enough. How much lower can you go than zero?

Corporate tax rate is not zero in America. Where do you come up with this retarded bs?

401k's were affected by the fraudelant credit default swaps. SS isn't. SS is fine just the way it is. There is no reason to privatise it. Yeah, hand that shit over to corporations who don't give a shit about American's.

>> 401k's were affected by the fraudelant credit default swaps. SS isn't. SS is fine just the way it is. There is no reason to privatise it. Yeah, hand that shit over to corporations who don't give a shit about American's.

Lies. And 401ks are not corporations. Are you retarded?

I know the facts. My opinion is irrelevant. Care to wager or not?
Prove you know the facts. Until you do, it's just your opinion.

AYUP that's what I said.
You say a lot of things. In fact, that's all you do, is say shit.

Corporate tax rate is not zero in America. Where do you come up with this retarded bs?
When GE pays no tax for last year, that is zero.

>> Prove you know the facts. Until you do, it's just your opinion.
Yes or no, money where your mouth is?

>> When GE pays no tax for last year, that is zero.
GE paid taxes, they just did not pay US corporate taxes, because yes, retard, 35% of zero is zero.

Yes or no, money where your mouth is?
Now you're speaking nonsensical jibberish.

GE paid taxes, they just did not pay US corporate taxes, because yes, retard, 35% of zero is zero.
Yeah, GE didn't make any profit in the US last year.

If you expect people to believe that, you're the one who needs to put down the bong.

>> Now you're speaking nonsensical jibberish.

Yeah I figured you'd run away from that lie.

>> Yeah, GE didn't make any profit in the US last year. If you expect people to believe that, you're the one who needs to put down the bong.

Then Obama's gonna charge them with tax evasion, yes or no?

Last edited:
When Libs say "fair share" that everyone pays it's BS...

To them "fair share" means those rich evil Mother Effers that have more then me because they cheated
poor people need to pay more so the lazy can have stuff.

A few facts and figures about the Texas economy myth...

Let's start at the point on which Texas economy mythologizers brag. Texas collects less tax revenue per capita than 43 other states. Texas spends less money per capita than 47 other states. Those are facts.

Now let's look at some other facts: in 2011, 18.5 percent of Texans lived in poverty. That's 4.6 million Texans. Texas has a higher unemployment rate than 35 other states. Texas has more women living in poverty than 46 other states.
Texans shouldn't be talking about the IQ of others, when they live in a state with the lowest graduation rate in the country.

Texas spends less money on education than 42 other states, despite having the most students enrolled in public schools. With that combination, it's no wonder at all that Texas has the lowest graduation rate in the country. A huge component of our poor economic status is our dismal school system. Imagine how much worse that problem will be when all 18-35 year olds grew up in this education system. And then all 18-50 year olds. That is a very, very ugly picture. We also spend less than 45 other states on health care, and we have the most uninsured per capita in the nation. See the trend?
That is a whole state of stupid.

Here's a few more Texas tidbits...

Another thing that's pretty fucked about Texas, is the poorest Texans pay 4 times the the tax rate than the richest Texans do.

And most of the Texas economic growth, is minimum-wage jobs.

And since Texans like to suck the big corporate dick, they have the worst environment in the country.

Texas is just a fucked up state, with a fucked up idiot population, that couldn't spell "cat" if you spotted them the 'c' and the 'a'.

The only good thing that ever came out of Texas was Stevie Ray Vaughn and Earl Cambell.

A few facts and figures about the Texas economy myth...

Let's start at the point on which Texas economy mythologizers brag. Texas collects less tax revenue per capita than 43 other states. Texas spends less money per capita than 47 other states. Those are facts.

Now let's look at some other facts: in 2011, 18.5 percent of Texans lived in poverty. That's 4.6 million Texans. Texas has a higher unemployment rate than 35 other states. Texas has more women living in poverty than 46 other states.
Texans shouldn't be talking about the IQ of others, when they live in a state with the lowest graduation rate in the country.

Texas spends less money on education than 42 other states, despite having the most students enrolled in public schools. With that combination, it's no wonder at all that Texas has the lowest graduation rate in the country. A huge component of our poor economic status is our dismal school system. Imagine how much worse that problem will be when all 18-35 year olds grew up in this education system. And then all 18-50 year olds. That is a very, very ugly picture. We also spend less than 45 other states on health care, and we have the most uninsured per capita in the nation. See the trend?
That is a whole state of stupid.

Here's a few more Texas tidbits...

Another thing that's pretty fucked about Texas, is the poorest Texans pay 4 times the the tax rate than the richest Texans do.

And most of the Texas economic growth, is minimum-wage jobs.

And since Texans like to suck the big corporate dick, they have the worst environment in the country.

Texas is just a fucked up state, with a fucked up idiot population, that couldn't spell "cat" if you spotted them the 'c' and the 'a'.

The only good thing that ever came out of Texas was Stevie Ray Vaughn and Earl Cambell.

I think that we have to consider paying Mexico whatever it takes for them to take back Mexico and Arizona.

When Libs say "fair share" that everyone pays it's BS...

To them "fair share" means those rich evil Mother Effers that have more then me because they cheated
poor people need to pay more so the lazy can have stuff.

The worst case for the wealthy would be equal pain taxes. As they are used to having everything handed to them they wouldn't last one hour having to actually work and earn.

Forum List

Back