POLL: Politics, Suicide & Depression in America

Are our political behaviors making us more & more miserable?

• Yes. We're doing this to ourselves by choice

Votes: 19 61.3%
  • No. There is no connection here.

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • This is a problem of the other side, not mine.

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Mango. I have no idea.

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters
But please do promote your bathroom and shower agenda for wannabe' women the next couple of years because it worked so well for the progressives in 2016.
But I am not promoting that, and nowhere have i even implied that I am. So your sissy little strawman is worthless.

upload_2019-3-10_16-56-0.jpeg

I doubt that...

Correct, because we are sentient beings with the ability for introspection. And that's just fine.

And the only "compromise" you ever have to worry about is whether or not you are willing to treat people the way they ask to be treated. Is it reasonable and harmless that someone identify as female,and desire to be treated as such?

.....Sounds like you're promoting it to me. Or do wish to explain exactly what you mean?

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

There actually was a recent case of a transgender
And it wouldn't be hard to find examples of non transgendered men abusing children in bathrooms.

You can't honestly try to have me believe that a bunch of child rapists are being held in check of committing these horrible, heavily punishable felonies by fear of getting a ticket for the infraction of entering the wrong bathroom. Come on.

Item One
Our suicide rates have increased to the point at which the CDC says they are actually affecting our life expectancy. Our usage of antidepressants continues to increase. Looking at the facts, it's not difficult to argue that we, as a society, are become more and more unhappy.

Item Two
More and more, Americans are walking around in a state of hypersensitivity, just waiting to be outraged or offended by something. When someone from the "other" tribe does or says something that we can attack, we jump right in with the group hysterics.

Theory
We're making ourselves more and more miserable by adhering ourselves to political ideologies, by refusing to even understand the opinions of those who dare to disagree with us, and by jumping on the tiniest opportunities as a reasonable excuse to attack the "other".

Please vote and comment. Thanks.

=============

U.S. Antidepressant Use Jumps 65 Percent in 15 Years
Suicides are at the highest rate in decades, CDC report shows

When you live in the era of reality life, Twitter and dating online, well I can see why so many commit suicide...

Maybe the world need to disconnect so the weaker minded can have a chance.

And it wouldn't be hard to find examples of non transgendered men abusing children in bathrooms.

You can't honestly try to have me believe that a bunch of child rapists are being held in check of committing these horrible, heavily punishable felonies by fear of getting a ticket for the infraction of entering the wrong bathroom. Come on.

I find it sad and kind of funny in a sick sort of way how often the left promotes an agenda, the right says "here's what could happen", the left says "unrealistic". Then the thing we warned them about actually happens.

I find it sad and kind of funny in a sick sort of way how often the left promotes an agenda, the right says "here's what could happen", the left says "unrealistic". Then the thing we warned them about actually happens.
Well,that certainly is a simpleton's way of looking at things. What matters is actually the frequency of such events, and being able to not only demonstrate a correlation of a significant uptick, but also causation.

So again, I have to say it's going to be awfully hard for you to gennuiely compel people that a bunch of would be serious felons are being held in check by fear of getting a ticket for an infraction.

Sounds like you're promoting it to me.
Exactly : "to you", because you are an intellectual weakling that has to invent low hanging fruit with which his own simple mind can contend.
images

Well so much for intelligent discussion with you. I guess I'll have to sink to your level...

It was hanging right out there just like you wearing a mini skirt with your pecker strapped to your thigh as you walk into the womens can.

How much skin does that duct tape take off when you rip it off to pee?

*****ROFLMAO*****

:)

Last edited:
But libtards do not concern themselves with actual consequences as long as their ideology wins in the end.

Philosophers have been introspecting on the meaning of existence for centuries but the modern left wants to burn all their books and start over because those guys were too male and too white and did not take into account the perspectives of trans women of color.

Who is burning books of Philosophy?

The cult of intersectionality. Go ahead and laugh it off like you always do but this line of reasoning has a stranglehold on the left in America and western civilization in general.

Link to news of this book burning?

Stop taking me so literally. There has book burning events at college campuses but probably not on a wide enough scale to worry about. The point is, is that the left has completely rejected the old way of doing things in favor of this new ideology that blames masculinity and "whiteness" for all of the "problems" in this decadent age of prosperity brought about by those old, dead white men.
Sorry but the old way where 99% of the ceos being white males is over. I know to you those were the good old days but we are evolving

They were the good old days for everyone.

The problem stems for all the pressures people have to deal with. Get up day after day and grind it out only to barely survive. Maybe 2 weeks off after years. Peoples nervous systems max out. Mental anguish is horrible. Takes a huge toll on alot of people.

People have closed minds to try to NOT look at the data right in front of you

Example

The military active duty has a gender divide of 51 points

The women totally against trump and the men totally for trump

Not debating this issue makes one not able to understand the problem or able to solve the problem!!

Sorry, but as I've said before, the Democrats have slipped way too far off the American cracker. I understand their opinions perfectly, find them in opposition to the overall liberty and personal freedom guaranteed by the Constitution, and consider them worthy of being continually attacked for the nonsense they are..
So you'd say it's an issue with the Left and not the Right?
Not always, but now it is.

Interesting stuff here:

The Politics of Suicide and Depression | HuffPost

Shouldn’t researchers be examining American societal and cultural variables that are making so many of us depressed and suicidal? At the very least, don’t we as a society want to know what exactly is making physically healthier teenagers and young adults more depressed than senior citizens?
Cell phones

Item One
Our suicide rates have increased to the point at which the CDC says they are actually affecting our life expectancy. Our usage of antidepressants continues to increase. Looking at the facts, it's not difficult to argue that we, as a society, are become more and more unhappy.

Item Two
More and more, Americans are walking around in a state of hypersensitivity, just waiting to be outraged or offended by something. When someone from the "other" tribe does or says something that we can attack, we jump right in with the group hysterics.

Theory
We're making ourselves more and more miserable by adhering ourselves to political ideologies, by refusing to even understand the opinions of those who dare to disagree with us, and by jumping on the tiniest opportunities as a reasonable excuse to attack the "other".

Please vote and comment. Thanks.

=============

U.S. Antidepressant Use Jumps 65 Percent in 15 Years
Suicides are at the highest rate in decades, CDC report shows

Actually, we conservatives are smiling from ear to ear. If the Leftists keep up their good work, we might win 40 out of the 50 states-)

Financial stress is a more likely reason. Less high paying jobs for blue collar folks and debt is an issue.

We have to also recognize that when America essentially turned into a marketing driven system about 100 years ago, it also created the greatest consumer economy the world has ever seen. That was the engine of growth that, once we got past the horror of WW II, spurred America into the world super power. Now that we are 4 generations into this massive prosperity binge, each new generation has more societal/marketing pressure to maintain appearances, 'keep up with the Joneses', and provide more goodies for their offspring. It's kind of smoke and mirrors at this point with rampant use of credit and very little in personal savings. Thus the personal toll in terms of stress.

Stop taking me so literally. There has book burning events at college campuses but probably not on a wide enough scale to worry about. The point is, is that the left has completely rejected the old way of doing things in favor of this new ideology that blames masculinity and "whiteness" for all of the "problems" in this decadent age of prosperity brought about by those old, dead white men.
Sorry but the old way where 99% of the ceos being white males is over. I know to you those were the good old days but we are evolving

Who cares what color CEOs are?
Blacks care when 99% are white. You don’t get it?

Simple shit bud....you Black folk weren't built to be leaders...look around the globe.
I know, I know, you're not Black.
Should black people vote with you? Ha! Thank you for proving my point what republicans think about black people

Who is burning books of Philosophy?

The cult of intersectionality. Go ahead and laugh it off like you always do but this line of reasoning has a stranglehold on the left in America and western civilization in general.

Look at history and science

Look at wars

The white males that are obeyed by the rest brings the best and are the winners

This goes with their highest logic intellect

Obeying the highest logic ability brings the best of all

That statement is a logic ability test

If you disagree that proves low logic and cannot pass a wisdom test for voting
The question is should black people vote along with your party when you are truly racists. You think you are intellectually superior. Any black who votes with you guys is an idiot or greedy sellout

Political dysfunction, suicide, depression and every other problem is due to simple overcrowding. Put too many mice into an area and they have problems.

People are social animals but they interact best in small localized numbers.
I think lack of economic opportunity has a lot to do with it.

Have you ever wondered what all the young black men in the nba and nfl would be doing right now if sports didn’t exist? Some of them would probably be criminals. Economic opportunity kept them out of trouble right?

Same when 35% of America’s workforce was unionized. Anybody could find a good paying job. Today anyone who doesn’t go to school or have connections is stuck in knowheresville and their being told it’s colored people and liberals fault
While it is a nice idea there is nothing to support it.
There are actual experiments done with numerous animals that support too many in one area.
The whole point of the post is we are trying to cram too many into areas and cities then people are comfortable with. Then you add in the technology that brings people more into contact with others. You look back in history people lived in small communities. If they could not get along they moved on. They could even move to a place out on their own. Now it is next to impossible.

There are plenty of options to make a living without paying for tons of college debt. Yes we do need a few burger flippers, hotel maids and other such jobs. If you look around you can find many jobs that pay well. The trucking industry is very short handed, the oil and gas industry is always looking for help. Construction is always available. Manufacturing is slowly coming back.

I don't know anyone that is blaming colored or liberals. I do believe that they question liberals as to the reasoning why they are wanting to allow more uneducated, illegal workers who are taking minimum wage jobs that are disappearing due to automation. They are also allowing them to work for less then minimum wage, which some are saying is not a living wage.
Don’t put illegals on us just because trump took on the issue to woo racist white voters. Your party is divided too. Bush and Reagan both passed or pushed for amnesty. And republicans refuse to address the real problem, illegal employers.

I can show you liberal op Eds from 2006 that explain how your minute men on the border were ignored during the bush years and work raids stopped. Now trump is playing the other side of the gop. The people who don’t like illegals here. Well guess what? Neither do we. You’re being duped. Republicans take a position and now we’re supposed to take the opposite? Not taking the bait. I agree. I don’t like illegal employers. They’re the ones drawing illegals here.

Who cares what color CEOs are?
Blacks care when 99% are white. You don’t get it?

Simple shit bud....you Black folk weren't built to be leaders...look around the globe.
I know, I know, you're not Black.
Should black people vote with you? Ha! Thank you for proving my point what republicans think about black people

I don't speak for Republicans.
Republicans like Ben Carson?

Forum List

Back