POLL: Serious question for conservatives: Have you given up?

Is the ideological war over, or has it just begun?

• Total voters
I could easily be wrong here, but I'm seeing little signs here and there that there are conservatives who are more in a salvage operation than a rescue operation.

In other words, I'm getting the impression that they feel the country is clearly going down a different road, and that the major battle has been lost. What some seem to be doing now is trying to salvage what elements of conservatism they can. But other than that, it's over.

Am I right or wrong?

when so-called conservatives are railing because they can't hang signs on their businesses saying "no blacks, no jews, no gays", in 2016, I don't think the party has anything it can do but run a salvage operation.

seriously, actual conservatives get left out in the cold with raving loons like that. better to let them go start their own party and re-build from there.
Republicans through gerrymandering completely own a lot of state houses and it's projected it will take years for the Democrats to possibly win back the Federal House.

The top item on that list was to end partisan gerrymandering: "we have to end the practice of drawing our congressional districts so that politicians can pick their voters, and not the other way around," Obama said.
In most states, state legislatures draw the district boundaries that determine how many delegates the state sends to the U.S. Congress, as well as the general partisan make-up of that delegation. State legislatures are partisan beasts, and if one party is in control of the process they can draw boundaries to give themselves a numeric advantage over their opponents in Congress.This process is called gerrymandering.

Republicans rigged the House through gerrymandering. Democrats can fight back at the ballot box

Fifty-five percent of the nation's congressional districts were drawn to favor Republicans while only 10 percent were drawn to favor Democrats, with the balance drawn independently.
As a result, a majority of seats voted for Mitt Romney even though Barack Obama won in 2012—by four points. It should thus come as no surprise that Republicans were able to easily keep the House despite losing the popular vote that year, and there is the very real possibility this could happen again in 2016 even if Democrats hold the White House.

I could easily be wrong here, but I'm seeing little signs here and there that there are conservatives who are more in a salvage operation than a rescue operation.

In other words, I'm getting the impression that they feel the country is clearly going down a different road, and that the major battle has been lost. What some seem to be doing now is trying to salvage what elements of conservatism they can. But other than that, it's over.

Am I right or wrong?

when so-called conservatives are railing because they can't hang signs on their businesses saying "no blacks, no jews, no gays", in 2016, I don't think the party has anything it can do but run a salvage operation.

seriously, actual conservatives get left out in the cold with raving loons like that. better to let them go start their own party and re-build from there.
Republicans through gerrymandering completely own a lot of state houses and it's projected it will take years for the Democrats to possibly win back the Federal House.

The top item on that list was to end partisan gerrymandering: "we have to end the practice of drawing our congressional districts so that politicians can pick their voters, and not the other way around," Obama said.
In most states, state legislatures draw the district boundaries that determine how many delegates the state sends to the U.S. Congress, as well as the general partisan make-up of that delegation. State legislatures are partisan beasts, and if one party is in control of the process they can draw boundaries to give themselves a numeric advantage over their opponents in Congress.This process is called gerrymandering.

And is, of course, only bad when THOSE GUYS do it.

And the 31-18-1 advantage Republicans have with Governors is due to gerrymandering as well, right?

w

Am I right or wrong?

racecard-627x462.jpg
if the shoe fits.
i mean this sort of stuff
The Left will ensure that by increasing over reach and abuse of (mostly) White Americans.
is almost always the product of racist white nationalists. is that you?

Republicans rigged the House through gerrymandering. Democrats can fight back at the ballot box

Fifty-five percent of the nation's congressional districts were drawn to favor Republicans while only 10 percent were drawn to favor Democrats, with the balance drawn independently.
As a result, a majority of seats voted for Mitt Romney even though Barack Obama won in 2012—by four points. It should thus come as no surprise that Republicans were able to easily keep the House despite losing the popular vote that year, and there is the very real possibility this could happen again in 2016 even if Democrats hold the White House.

So districts in California and New York are not drawn to favor Democrats?

Again, its only gerrymandering when the other side is doing it.

there is a difference in degree. to win the house of representatives, democrats, because of insane gerrymandering on the part of the right, would have to win 25% more of the electorate than the GOP. that is simply absurd. in 2010 when the wingers "won" the House, democrats had one million votes more.

I'd say that's a problem.

Am I right or wrong?

And the 31-18-1 advantage Republicans have with Governors is due to gerrymandering as well, right?
I don't get it. Michigan's 2 Senate seats are always Democratic, we always vote Blue for President, and yet sometimes a Republican will win the Governors house. Baffling. Especially in a union state. But the unions fucked themselves 6 years ago when they voted in Snyder. They didn't think he'd do it but he made Michigan a right to work state. The unions deserve what's coming to them.

And Republicans completely own both state houses in Michigan.

Republicans realized a long time ago it was more important to control the state government than it is the federal government. You can get more done on a state level.

The Republicans in Michigan love the pork our Democratic senators bring home for them.

Am I right or wrong?
The original country died in 1865

there is a difference in degree. to win the house of representatives, democrats, because of insane gerrymandering on the part of the right, would have to win 25% more of the electorate than the GOP. that is simply absurd. in 2010 when the wingers "won" the House, democrats had one million votes more.

One person, one vote, is only applicable to the States and their legislative branches, not the Federal government. And the rule applies to # of people represented in a district, not the # of people of a given party represented in a district anyway

Considering we still allow the Senate to exist, where the discrepancy can be far greater that that seen in the House.

Am I right or wrong?

yeah, damn that whole getting rid of slavery thing. :cuckoo:

One person, one vote, is only applicable to the States and their legislative branches, not the Federal government. And the rule applies to # of people represented in a district, not the # of people of a given party represented in a district anyway

Considering we still allow the Senate to exist, where the discrepancy can be far greater that that seen in the House.

you seem to be missing the point.

Am I right or wrong?

I don't get it. Michigan's 2 Senate seats are always Democratic, we always vote Blue for President, and yet sometimes a Republican will win the Governors house. Baffling. Especially in a union state. But the unions fucked themselves 6 years ago when they voted in Snyder. They didn't think he'd do it but he made Michigan a right to work state. The unions deserve what's coming to them.

And Republicans completely own both state houses in Michigan.

Republicans realized a long time ago it was more important to control the state government than it is the federal government. You can get more done on a state level.

The Republicans in Michigan love the pork our Democratic senators bring home for them.

And Progressives realized long ago if you can get the Supreme Court to make crap up, you can ignore winning anything at the State level.

Am I right or wrong?

Federalism. Slavery was the issue, but the original notion of federal-state powers ended at that time.

And normally they redraw the districts every 10 years like 2010, 2020, 2030, but I believe in 2005 the GOP did it at a time they knew 2006 was not going to be good for them. That's fucked up.

you seem to be missing the point.

I know what your point is "My side has a slight disadvantage at this time due to the rules, so waaa waaa waaa the rules suck!!" Our representation in the House is apportioned by State, which also leads to imbalances in representation numbers. Its why we are a republic, and not a direct democracy.

You will know if conservatives have really given up when there are daily attacks on liberal institutions all across the country. When we turn into Syria, the conservatives have given up.

And normally they redraw the districts every 10 years like 2010, 2020, 2030, but I believe in 2005 the GOP did it at a time they knew 2006 was not going to be good for them. That's fucked up.

Most re-districting statues state a 'minimum of every 10 years", so i doubt any laws were broken.

Am I right or wrong?

"they believe in individual liberty? What radical nut jobs! They are so anti-American believing in the whole concept of America and what-not"

their liberty stops at others' noses.

and no, I don't want to live in a world where I can't be served because some freak doesn't like jews.
Dipshit ...let me clue you in on something.

My best friend is Jewish and in the 15 years I have known her she has never once been denied service for being a Jew.

If you are denied service ...it's probably because you are a miserable elitist twat. Not because of your religion.

Am I right or wrong?

Federalism. Slavery was the issue, but the original notion of federal-state powers ended at that time.

it didn't end, but the power did shift towards the federal government, and that power only continued to be exploited by progressives to centralize power.

We can still go back to federalism under the current document, but only if our Courts stop making shit up.

Forum List

Back