Poll: Should Trump accept a plea deal or risk a trial?

Should Trump accept a plea deal or risk a trial?

• Total voters
I've been listening to various legal experts on CNN and MSNBC talk about how strong and tight the Jack Smith indictment is. Many of them think Trump should seriously consider a plea deal - if one is offered. I think a plea would be better for Trump - but I'd rather see a trial. What do you think?

Read the full indictment here.
Off course the human scum bag will go a for a plea -deal - later he will tell everyone he was tricked and cheated into it.

We're trying to compare apples and oranges.

1. What would a plea deal look like?
It could be a fine, jail time, or a contract to never run for another political office.

2. What would a trial look like?
A FL jury, where the verdict would need to be unanimous. Risky, especially with the jail time involved. I'd say a 70% probability he would be acquitted on most counts, but at 78 could Trump risk ANY jail time?

3. I'd bet that Trump would rather work out a plea deal, even if it means he quits politics. But only after the judge rules on the legality of the indictment vs the Presidential Records Act to be sure Trump illegally took classified documents.

Look at how Trump reacted when his hotels were caught employing illegal aliens to work there.
That will tell you all you need to know.

He paid the expensive fines but he fought until he could fight no more. Once caught he did not do it again. He stayed clean on the hiring of illegals.

Just seeing CNN and MSNBC precludes any sort of expert.
Really. They use people like Neal Katyal, the former Acting Solicitor General of the United States. Harry Litman, a law professor, former US Attorney, and former Deputy Asst. AG of the US. Barbara McQuade, the former US Attorney for the Eastern District of Michigan, and a law professor at the U of MI.

Really. They use people like Neal Katyal, the former Acting Solicitor General of the United States. Harry Litman, a law professor, former US Attorney, and former Deputy Asst. AG of the US. Barbara McQuade, the former US Attorney for the Eastern District of Michigan, and a law professor at the U of MI.
All vetted democrats.

The plea deal in return for being barred from office for life and no jail time is a no brainer.

But Trump has no brain.

Politcally speaking that would be a terrible inclusion in any plea deal.

Once the ink is dry and and the FPOTUS walks, then the claim would be that the who process wasn't about upholding the law, that it was all about keeping Trump off the 2024 ballot.

Therefore, IMHO, if a plea deal is reached - it should NOT include any provision concerning holding Federal office.

WW

I've been listening to various legal experts on CNN and MSNBC talk about how strong and tight the Jack Smith indictment is. Many of them think Trump should seriously consider a plea deal - if one is offered. I think a plea would be better for Trump - but I'd rather see a trial. What do you think?

Read the full indictment here.
It's easy to see why your brain is so fried when you openly admit to getting your news from CNN and MSNBC.

He's going to hire the best lawyers and fight this.

The best lawyers won't work for Trump anymore...

..... ..... ..... Therefore he's down to mediocre lawyers...

..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... Hell the mediocre lawyers won't work for him either...

..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... He's probably down to the bottom of the barrel and then only if he pays them in advance.

WW

Forum List

Back