Poll: Should Trump accept a plea deal or risk a trial?

Should Trump accept a plea deal or risk a trial?

• Total voters
The question isn't really what a verdict would be. Democrats have gone too far to risk a verdict. Will there be a plea or an assassination? A political strike against one of the Trump children would send a profound message.

The question isn't really what a verdict would be. Democrats have gone too far to risk a verdict. Will there be a plea or an assassination? A political strike against one of the Trump children would send a profound message.
Trump can short-circuit any ugliness by pleading guilty, paying the fines, and then getting back to running.
If he wins fine, if he loses, fine.

I've been listening to various legal experts on CNN and MSNBC talk about how strong and tight the Jack Smith indictment is. Many of them think Trump should seriously consider a plea deal - if one is offered. I think a plea would be better for Trump - but I'd rather see a trial. What do you think?

Read the full indictment here.
Ah the deep bullshit keeps rising. Take your Stalinist show trails and shove up your collective asses.

Politcally speaking that would be a terrible inclusion in any plea deal.

Once the ink is dry and and the FPOTUS walks, then the claim would be that the who process wasn't about upholding the law, that it was all about keeping Trump off the 2024 ballot.

Therefore, IMHO, if a plea deal is reached - it should NOT include any provision concerning holding Federal office.

WW
Wouldn’t a conviction preclude him running?

Trump faces up to 20 years in prison

The indictment comes with a whopping 37 counts against Trump himself. This includes 31 counts for the alleged willful retention of national defense documents, with a maximum imprisonment term of 10 years and a $100,000 fine. The counts also include conspiracy to corrupt justice, withholding a document or record, corruptly concealing a document or record, concealing a document in a federal investigation, scheme to conceal, and false statements and representation. None of the counts have a mandatory minimum sentence, but they have maximum sentences of five to 10 years, and maximum fines of $250,000 per count.

FyOawVvagAIxonX

I've been listening to various legal experts on CNN and MSNBC talk about how strong and tight the Jack Smith indictment is. Many of them think Trump should seriously consider a plea deal - if one is offered. I think a plea would be better for Trump - but I'd rather see a trial. What do you think?

I didn’t vote because what you or I believe to be prudent is not what he’ll do.

He’s going to trial because his ego requires it.

What plea has been offered?

Forum List

Back