Pompeo verbally assaulted an NPR reporter.

Who sez she cleared ukraine with his staff?

Multiple people - there is a email trail.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...93cf0e-4071-11ea-b503-2b077c436617_story.html
I have not seen the alleged emails

we only have WaPo‘s word for that

which is not worth much

but if they exist then maybe pompeo‘s staff needs to do a better job for him

Pompeo needs to be less of an asshole.
NPR is an enemy of trump voters

Yes. Authoritarians often attack the press. They don’t like it when they don’t control the narrative.
Press? You call that press? Well, thinking about it, it is press, just 93% of it falls to the left.
Yeah, that does give wiggle room to be critical of the press.

Obama spied on journalists which is far worse

and the npr reporter asked for the interview

Obama didn’t. The DoJ did. They continue to do so.
Obama was the president and they were not spying on lib reporters friendly to obama

Obama didn’t have any part in lawfully obtaining phone records on journalists although Holder did state he regretted the action and decided not to pursue such records thereafter.

And the exact same thing happened under Trump’s DoJ.
That would be the Holder who called himself obama’s wingman

i think he was only sorry he got caught

Sorry he got caught? Court filings are public.

When did Obama scream profanities at a member of the press?
Other than Fox obama always got creampuff treatment from the media

Obama spied on journalists which is far worse

and the npr reporter asked for the interview

Obama didn’t. The DoJ did. They continue to do so.
Obama was the president and they were not spying on lib reporters friendly to obama

Obama didn’t have any part in lawfully obtaining phone records on journalists although Holder did state he regretted the action and decided not to pursue such records thereafter.

And the exact same thing happened under Trump’s DoJ.
That would be the Holder who called himself obama’s wingman

i think he was only sorry he got caught

Sorry he got caught? Court filings are public.

When did Obama scream profanities at a member of the press?
I think any reporter would rather have profanities screamed at them than have an
administration spy on them

Obama administration spied on Fox News reporter James Rosen: Report

If elected Republicans weren’t so deplorable, they wouldn’t be attacked so much.
You mean if they were all liberals
No. Lots of good Republicans out there aren’t attacked like Trump and his lackeys. Trump reaps what he sows.
Hillary called obama voters “deplorables”
What does Clinton have to do with anything?
I think you know

she was the leader of the democrat party attacking trump voters
DemocratIC party.

which is not worth much

Yes. Authoritarians often attack the press. They don’t like it when they don’t control the narrative.

Obama has been out of office for 3 years, leave the poor guy alone.
Wrong thread cowboy.

You're the one who brought up authoritarian attacks on the press.
Unless you think Obama went after whistleblowers and spied on reporters out of friendship?

which is not worth much

Press? You call that press? Well, thinking about it, it is press, just 93% of it falls to the left.

It still requires professionalism when dealing with the media

What would be the response if a member of the media screamed profanities at Pompeo for ten minutes?

You mean if they were all liberals
No. Lots of good Republicans out there aren’t attacked like Trump and his lackeys. Trump reaps what he sows.
Hillary called obama voters “deplorables”
What does Clinton have to do with anything?
I think you know

she was the leader of the democrat party attacking trump voters
DemocratIC party.
Was it a democraIC process for bernie in 2016?

which is not worth much

What would be the response if a member of the media screamed profanities at Pompeo for ten minutes?

I would also add this. As a woman to be called, ALONE, into Pompeo's private space, and then subject to an f-filled screaming tirade - that has got to be a unnerving, intimidating, and scary.

It's not about Obama. It's about Pompeo's treatment of a professional journalist who had not overstepped and was doing her job.

So far all we hear are - so what - the leftist press sucks. But Obama. It was her fault. The press is leftist. The press hates Trump. The press is leftist.

That really has nothing to do with what happened here in this one instance being discussed.

If you listened to her (I seriously doubt many did) - you would see a very professional, polite, firm and appropriate questioning of Pompeo, according to the topics set out with the staff before hand. There was no excuse for him to have treated her the way she was. None. She was doing her job. Are we going to now start saying that media is not allowed to report on political figures and ask tough questions? Seriously?

I would also add this. As a woman to be called, ALONE, into Pompeo's private space, and then subject to an f-filled screaming tirade - that has got to be a unnerving, intimidating, and scary.
Mike Pence won’t even be alone with a woman

He clearly lied.
No she did not. She cleared the topics with his staff - Iran and Ukraine, well ahead of the interview. That is typical best practices when interviewing high ranking officials. Can't you guys just stop lying for a change? Just once?
Who sez she cleared ukraine with his staff?

Multiple people - there is a email trail.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...93cf0e-4071-11ea-b503-2b077c436617_story.html

which is not worth much

NPR is the enemy of anyone who doesn't desire in-depth and factual reporting.

I don't blame him on that one.

You didn’t complete the sentence...
Who isn’t his wife.

Even some on Fox are calling Pompeo's behavior despicable:

Fox's Steve Hilton Calls Mike Pompeo a 'Baby' For NPR Fight

Fox News host Steve Hilton tore into Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Sunday night, calling the Trump official a “baby” and a “bully” for his meltdown under questioning from an NPR reporter.

NPR’s Mary Louise Kelly interviewed Pompeo for All Things Considered last week, asking questions about Iran and Ukraine. After the interview, Pompeo was so enraged by Kelly’s questions about Ukraine that he unleashed an expletive-laden tirade that culminated in the secretary of state demanding Kelly — a reporter with a master’s degree in European studies — locate Ukraine on a map.

“Secretary of State Mike Pompeo got into an ugly dustup with an NPR reporter this week and I’ve got something I want to get off my chest,” Fox’s Steve Hilton explained Sunday night, before making clear he’s a “big fan” of Pompeo.

“But last week, Pompeo lost his temper after an interview with NPR’s Mary Louise Kelly unleashing a four-letter word tirade, putting out a ridiculous statement, whining about what questions he’d agreed to answer,” Hilton said. “I listen to NPR a lot. And I can tell you that Mary Louise Kelly is one of the very few hosts on there who actually seems fair and is not totally biased against President Trump.”

“For goodness sake, Mr. Secretary, don’t be such a baby!” Hilton continued. “You should be able to handle tough questions by now and don’t be such a bully. Foul-mouth ranting at a reporter doing her job is an embarrassment to you and the administration.”

You should apologize,” he added. “And people will think much more of you if you do.”

Fox News host Steve Hilton tore into Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Sunday night, calling the Trump official a “baby” and a “bully” for his meltdown under questioning from an NPR reporter.

NPR’s Mary Louise Kelly interviewed Pompeo for All Things Considered last week, asking questions about Iran and Ukraine. After the interview, Pompeo was so enraged by Kelly’s questions about Ukraine that he unleashed an expletive-laden tirade that culminated in the secretary of state demanding Kelly — a reporter with a master’s degree in European studies — locate Ukraine on a map.

“Secretary of State Mike Pompeo got into an ugly dustup with an NPR reporter this week and I’ve got something I want to get off my chest,” Fox’s Steve Hilton explained Sunday night, before making clear he’s a “big fan” of Pompeo.

“But last week, Pompeo lost his temper after an interview with NPR’s Mary Louise Kelly unleashing a four-letter word tirade, putting out a ridiculous statement, whining about what questions he’d agreed to answer,” Hilton said. “I listen to NPR a lot. And I can tell you that Mary Louise Kelly is one of the very few hosts on there who actually seems fair and is not totally biased against President Trump.”

“For goodness sake, Mr. Secretary, don’t be such a baby!” Hilton continued. “You should be able to handle tough questions by now and don’t be such a bully. Foul-mouth ranting at a reporter doing her job is an embarrassment to you and the administration.”

You should apologize,” he added. “And people will think much more of you if you do.”
My favorite

he unleashed an expletive-laden tirade that culminated in the secretary of state demanding Kelly — a reporter with a master’s degree in European studies — locate Ukraine on a map.

Then, in true Trump fashion, he lied and said she pointed to Bangladesh. A country a thousand miles away. He doesn’t even lie well, he could have said Poland or a Baltic State.

Look, you stupid right wing idiot, there was no connection between joe biden and Burisma.

LOL just a photo of Joe Biden golfing with two Burisma board members, nothing to see here am I right :21::21::21::21::21::21:

quit spreading fake news

Learn to read HS drop out. :eusa_hand:

sure thing fake news boy!

Since you are extra pathetic today I'll throw you a bone, "board members". Now run away and hide your face in shame.

My favorite

he unleashed an expletive-laden tirade that culminated in the secretary of state demanding Kelly — a reporter with a master’s degree in European studies — locate Ukraine on a map.

Then, in true Trump fashion, he lied and said she pointed to Bangladesh. A country a thousand miles away. He doesn’t even lie well, he could have said Poland or a Baltic State.

Yeah, he might have been believable had he not said she pointed to Bangladesh, once he threw out that lie, he lost 100% of his credibility. That reporter is more well traveled than he is.

Look, you stupid right wing idiot, there was no connection between joe biden and Burisma.

LOL just a photo of Joe Biden golfing with two Burisma board members, nothing to see here am I right :21::21::21::21::21::21:

quit spreading fake news

Learn to read HS drop out. :eusa_hand:

sure thing fake news boy!

Since you are extra pathetic today I'll throw you a bone, "board members". Now run away and hide your face in shame.

whatever makes you happy fake news boy.

Forum List

Back