Pope Francis Clear on Denying Communion to Politicians Who Facilitate Abortion

I don't see him ever actually advocating that.

The OP is a letter that Latin America Church leaders all signed, not something the Cardinal ever came out and said. Considering the man is now Pope, and considering his past history with humbling himself for sinners, I don't see him ever advocating for churchs to deny communion to anyone.

You don't see him doing that?

Excuse me while I snicker shamelessly at your ignorance of the Catholic Church.

:rofl:

Thanks for the laugh!

The pleasure was all mine, I'm sure. You're possibly the first person I've come across that does not see signing a letter as some kind of agreement with the contents of said letter.

It is not only the right - but the duty of the Church hierarchy to ensure that Catholics understand what being a Catholic means.

You don't see him doing that?

Excuse me while I snicker shamelessly at your ignorance of the Catholic Church.

Thanks for the laugh!

The pleasure was all mine, I'm sure. You're possibly the first person I've come across that does not see signing a letter as some kind of agreement with the contents of said letter.

It is not only the right - but the duty of the Church hierarchy to ensure that Catholics understand what being a Catholic means.

Can you point out the last time a Pope called for denying sacraments to anyone? Denying the body and blood of Christ to sinners is not something the Pope will ever call for.

Waxman? LOL The pope is not going to give Waxman communion? LOL Waxman is Jewish!!!

Sorry asswipe. I keep getting him and Barney Frank mixed up.

Speaking of Communion

If Catholics believe the Eucharist really is the body and blood of Christ, then they believe they are eating human flesh and drinking human blood. The Romans accused Christians of cannibalism and that the charge has been made against Catholics in various ways ever since
.:eusa_whistle:

Like I said earlier, no Catholic politician in America would ever recieve communion again under the OP.

Thanks for the laugh!

Can you point out the last time a Pope called for denying sacraments to anyone? Denying the body and blood of Christ to sinners is not something the Pope will ever call for.

Are you really this stupid?

You seem to be gleefully anticipating the Pope cracking down on what you consider bad Catholics. Why is that?:confused: Denying someone communion is a serious private issue, between the person, God, and their confessor.

No, the Pope is not going to come out in favor of denying politicians who advocate for abortion( and the death penalty which is also considered murder by the church) communion.

by Jim Hoft
March 14, 2013

250x233xFrancis-I.jpg.pagespeed.ic.6LG6_QWQ8h.jpg

Francis I – Jorge Bergoglio

The far left may be disappointed when they discover that the cardinals elected another pope pro-life social conservative as pope. Francis has previously condemned offering communion to those politicians who facilitate in abortion.

Breitbart.com reported:
New Pope Francis I is a conservative in the mold of his predecessor, Pope Benedict XVI and Pope John Paul II. That’s especially true on the issue of abortion, which he called a “death sentence” for the unborn in 2007. “We aren’t in agreement with the death penalty,” he said during that speech, “but in Argentina we have the death penalty. A child conceived by the rape of a mentally ill or retarded woman can be condemned to death.”

In the Aparecida Document, a document that represents a joint statement by Latin American church leaders but presented by Francis in 2007, the leaders stated, “we should commit ourselves to ‘eucharistic coherence,’ that is, we should be conscious that people cannot receive holy communion and at the same time act or speak against the commandments, in particular when abortions, euthanasia, and other serious crimes against life and family are facilitated. This responsibility applies particularly to legislators, governors, and health professionals.”

Read more:
Pope Francis Clear on Denying Communion to Politicians Who Facilitate Abortion | The Gateway Pundit

Maybe ex-communication is in store for Marxists like Pelosi and Biden. Oops, I meant Democrats. Hehehe

If Catholics believe the Eucharist really is the body and blood of Christ, then they believe they are eating human flesh and drinking human blood. The Romans accused Christians of cannibalism and that the charge has been made against Catholics in various ways ever since.:eek::eek:

Like I said earlier, no Catholic politician in America would ever recieve communion again under the OP.

They should not be receiving communion. Because they commit a sin by their stance on abortion and one should not receive communion unless one is in a state of grace, ie, one is supposed to go to confession, seek forgiveness and not commit that sin again.

Again, this is not the Pope's call - it is doctrine... he doesn't have to 'call' for it, it just is. Twit.

by Jim Hoft
March 14, 2013

250x233xFrancis-I.jpg.pagespeed.ic.6LG6_QWQ8h.jpg

Francis I – Jorge Bergoglio

The far left may be disappointed when they discover that the cardinals elected another pope pro-life social conservative as pope. Francis has previously condemned offering communion to those politicians who facilitate in abortion.

Breitbart.com reported:
New Pope Francis I is a conservative in the mold of his predecessor, Pope Benedict XVI and Pope John Paul II. That’s especially true on the issue of abortion, which he called a “death sentence” for the unborn in 2007. “We aren’t in agreement with the death penalty,” he said during that speech, “but in Argentina we have the death penalty. A child conceived by the rape of a mentally ill or retarded woman can be condemned to death.”

In the Aparecida Document, a document that represents a joint statement by Latin American church leaders but presented by Francis in 2007, the leaders stated, “we should commit ourselves to ‘eucharistic coherence,’ that is, we should be conscious that people cannot receive holy communion and at the same time act or speak against the commandments, in particular when abortions, euthanasia, and other serious crimes against life and family are facilitated. This responsibility applies particularly to legislators, governors, and health professionals.”

Read more:
Pope Francis Clear on Denying Communion to Politicians Who Facilitate Abortion | The Gateway Pundit

Maybe ex-communication is in store for Marxists like Pelosi and Biden. Oops, I meant Democrats. Hehehe

If Catholics believe the Eucharist really is the body and blood of Christ, then they believe they are eating human flesh and drinking human blood. The Romans accused Christians of cannibalism and that the charge has been made against Catholics in various ways ever since.:eek::eek:

Good thing that's not what Communion is. It's only what anti religionists SAY it is.

You seem to be gleefully anticipating the Pope cracking down on what you consider bad Catholics. Why is that?:confused: Denying someone communion is a serious private issue, between the person, God, and their confessor.

No, the Pope is not going to come out in favor of denying politicians who advocate for abortion( and the death penalty which is also considered murder by the church) communion.

It is not my decision to make... it just is what it is. You don't seem to understand the Catholic Church. Communion is not between the person, God and their confessor... it's doctrine. Twit.

The Pope doesn't have to 'come out in favor' of anything... it's already decided and he is not going to reverse that stance.

So you know.... changing the topic to the DP is a pathetic attempt to hide that you're just fucking wrong on this.

Denying the body and blood of Christ to sinners is not something the Pope will ever call for.

We're all sinners.
Practicing Catholics - sinners - are indeed eligible for Communion, if their sins are forgiven/no mortal sins on their soul prior-to receiving the Sacrament.

Cheerleading for same sex marriage, abortions... those Catholics need to get to confession before receiving the Sacrament.

I know what the church doctrine is. Clearly you don't.

The Pope will never come out and call for Priests to deny sacraments to those who advocate policy that is against church teachings. The denial of communion occurs only when someone willfully lives in grievous sin and only after they have had lengthy counseling from their Priest.

The Pope will never come out and call for Priests to deny sacraments to those who advocate policy that is against church teachings. The denial of communion occurs only when someone willfully lives in grievous sin and only after they have had lengthy counseling from their Priest.

Again, I have to ask... are you stupid? Because you seem very hung up on the Pope 'coming out' and 'calling' for something.... That is meaningless drivel. It is fucking doctrine that matters... one cannot receive communion unless one is in a state of grace and supporting abortion precludes one from that state of grace.

What you think, believe, or feel is irrelevant. What you think the Pope has to do is bullshit. You are stupid.

What happened to John Kerry in 2004? What did the Pope say?

New Pope Ordered Kerry Be Denied Communion - TalkLeft: The Politics Of Crime

In a June 2004 letter to US bishops enunciating principles of worthiness for communion recipients, Ratzinger specified that strong and open supporters of abortion should be denied the Catholic sacrament, for being guilty of a "grave sin."

He specifically mentioned "the case of a Catholic politician consistently campaigning and voting for permissive abortion and euthanasia laws," a reference widely understood to mean Democratic candidate Kerry, a Catholic who has defended abortion rights. The letter said a priest confronted with such a person seeking communion "must refuse to distribute it."

Denying the body and blood of Christ to sinners is not something the Pope will ever call for.

We're all sinners.
Practicing Catholics - sinners - are indeed eligible for Communion, if their sins are forgiven/no mortal sins on their soul prior-to receiving the Sacrament.

Cheerleading for same sex marriage, abortions... those Catholics need to get to confession before receiving the Sacrament.

Planned parenthood - excommunicated
Catholics for a Free Choice - excommunicated
Call to Action - excommunicated
Freemasons - excommunicated

Bunch more... but Amy seems to think the above is all the Pope's decision. It is not the Pope's decision. She does not know much about Catholicism.

Your argument seems to be "nauh!" You can just say, it feels right to you and you wish they would.

Clearly you don't understand that this has been discussed before, and the church has already decided that communion should not be denied to politicians based on their political stance. Pope John Paul II went so far as to personally give communion to a pro-choice politician in 2001, at the height of the American debate about it.

The left was convinced that Pope Francis was going to support same sex marriage. This is going to be wildly amusing.

Read the bible and you will find that god hates those things. Does the left seriously think that the pope will agree with them.:eusa_eh:

Will he also excommunicate those who eat lobster or wear mixed fabrics? Will he demand that good Catholics stone their children for being disobedient? These are also Biblical teachings.

Those were all Old Testament laws....
Catholics (and all Christians) follow the New Testament. You don't find these kind of laws in the NT.
There were no Christians in the OT, so these thing never pertained to them.
Learn a little bit about it before saying something so stupid.

Pope John Paul II went so far as to personally give communion to a pro-choice politician in 2001, at the height of the American debate about it.

Perhaps the politician went to Confession and was in the state of grace to receive.

You're not asked by the Priest when receiving...

He doesn't say, "Body of Christ, Have You Been to Confession"

Your argument seems to be "nauh!" You can just say, it feels right to you and you wish they would.

Clearly you don't understand that this has been discussed before, and the church has already decided that communion should not be denied to politicians based on their political stance. Pope John Paul II went so far as to personally give communion to a pro-choice politician in 2001, at the height of the American debate about it.

And you seem to think the Pope is like Obama... unless he says it, it ain't so. That is bullshit. Regardless of who is the Pope, the Church's doctrine does not change. Catholics cannot belong to pro-abortion groups any more than we can belong to terrorist groups - both get their asses excommunicated. Regardless of what the Pope says or doesn't say - politicians are people and as such they should not receive communion if they are not in a state of grace and they cannot be in a state of grace if they facilitate or support abortion.

And that just is what it is. Regardless. The Pope is not Obama - he can't decide what is or isn't.

Just like signing a letter is support for the contents of said letter.

Idiot.

Pope John Paul II went so far as to personally give communion to a pro-choice politician in 2001, at the height of the American debate about it.

Perhaps the politician went to Confession and was in the state of grace to receive.

You're not asked by the Priest when receiving...

He doesn't say, "Body of Christ, Have You Been to Confession"

One would not be in a state of grace if one confessed to a sin knowing that one was going to commit that sin again. It's a common mistake - usually by non-Catholics who see confession as some 'get out of jail free' card to commit whatever sins you want as long as you confess. That is not how it works.

Forum List

Back