Pope Francis Raises Idea of ‘Solutions’ to Clergy Celibacy

then you really mean the Church's goal is to get you to submit.
Isn't that the goal of every church, every religion? Why would their be gods if the goal isn't too get you to submit to them by worshipping them?

Submit it's the single most common theme in all theism.

It is---that's why I used the word instead of the word "conform" that YOU used.
Splitting hairs aren't we?

To submit is to conform.

It's kind of an open secret that many Catholic priests and nuns are married and sexually active.

"Priests’ wives to Pope Francis: Relax the rules, we are suffering"
Priests? wives to Pope Francis: Relax the rules, we are suffering | The Kansas City Star

In a way, the policy requiring celibacy isn't unlike religious persecution of homosexuals. Everybody knows it's going on, but it's become ingrained in dogma over the millenia. I'm not holding my breath this or any other Pope is gonna counteract the Bible as to homosexuality, but he/they can reverse a prior Papal decree (I would think, not an expert on such things.)

Much like Jews who secretly grab a slice of bacon. Hopefully reform can happen

Reform Jews perhaps. Reform should never happen to religion, once it does it's no longer from God but Man.

religion never comes from God.

Isn't that the goal of every church, every religion? Why would their be gods if the goal isn't too get you to submit to them by worshipping them?

Submit it's the single most common theme in all theism.

It is---that's why I used the word instead of the word "conform" that YOU used.

"No woman wants to be in submission to a man who isn't in submission to God!" T.D. Jakes

24As the church is subordinate to Christ, so wives should be subordinate to their husbands in everything.
- Ephesians 5
scripture

Yes, the KING JAMES version. :lol: Oddly, Israel has had a female PM, and members of Parliment, how about Palestine?

You're just messing around with ambiguity in language. You aren't clearing anything up.

conform--submit-------different

check it out for yourself---It's true.

But conformity by submitting is what I was referring to.

You confuse ends with means.

Check yourself.

Well say it then---do you expect people to read your mind ? The pope doesn't want people conforming to him--he wants people to submit to him.

conform--submit-------different

check it out for yourself---It's true.

Check yourself.

Well say it then---do you expect people to read your mind ? The pope doesn't want people conforming to him--he wants people to submit to him.
There is no need to say it. The end goal is conformity. That was what I said. I didn't have to go into the means in which they gain conformity, it isn't important inthe statement I made.

I don't presume to know what people want, and the pipe is just a leader of one denomination of one religion. I was speaking in general terms, and you wouldn't need to be clairvoyant to know that just read the words that I said.

I said. religion's goal is conformity, notjust the pope, Catholicism or even Christianity. So seems you just need to follow context.

Check yourself.

There is no need to say it. The end goal is conformity. That was what I said. I didn't have to go into the means in which they gain conformity, it isn't important inthe statement I made.

I don't presume to know what people want, and the pipe is just a leader of one denomination of one religion. I was speaking in general terms, and you wouldn't need to be clairvoyant to know that just read the words that I said.

I said. religion's goal is conformity, notjust the pope, Catholicism or even Christianity. So seems you just need to follow context.

relgions goal is NOT conformity. It is submission to a belief system.

I've read pieces about this in half a dozen Catholic-related websites - to include the Vatican News Service - and it appears he is floating a trial balloon to see how the cardinals and bishops deal with this.

It's been going on for centuries so I don't see any overnight changes.

But, I think it will be changed and we will someday see married priests.

I've read pieces about this in half a dozen Catholic-related websites - to include the Vatican News Service - and it appears he is floating a trial balloon to see how the cardinals and bishops deal with this.

Nuns too---how much fun would THAT be. ( course lots of people would have to get new Halloween costumes )

I disagree.

They could go with the Orthodox model, where priests can marry, but only unmarried ones can become bishops etc.

Interesting to note that most of them don't allow marriage AFTER ordination, only before.

Reportedly? Time printed an article with no notes or authentication based strictly on the memory of a 90 year old Italian publisher? They must be desperate.

I disagree.

your partially right----some religions could care less if you adhere to their dogma/philosophy or not.

Wow...this Pope is shaking some shit up! He's rocking the joint and I'm loving it. Go Frankie Go!!!

Pope Francis Raises Idea of ‘Solutions’ to Clergy Celibacy

Pope Francis reportedly called the Catholic Church’s requirement that its clergy remain celibate a “problem” for which “there are solutions,” during a controversial interview with an Italian newspaper.​

Let priests marry, that's your solution.

He is a lot more open minded, that is for sure.

Nuns too---how much fun would THAT be. ( course lots of people would have to get new Halloween costumes )

Probably not, monks, brothers, nuns (sisters) are orders, and those are typically derivatives of monastic groups, where celibacy and group living within your own sex are part of the tradition.

The Catholic clergy/priesthood are a different thing entirely.

Forum List

Back