Pope says homosexuality not a crime

I agree with the pope! It is time to come out of the freaking dark ages.
I doubt the Catholic Church is interested in your definition of "the dark ages." . What Pope Francis just said is not all that far reaching or new in any way. He is not condoning any sin of sex outside of marriage, including gay sex.

From the article: ---- On Tuesday, Francis said there needed to be a distinction between a crime and a sin with regard to homosexuality. Church teaching holds that homosexual acts are sinful, or “intrinsically disordered,” but that gay people must be treated with dignity and respect. Bantering with himself, Francis articulated the position: “It’s not a crime. Yes, but it’s a sin. Fine, but first let’s distinguish between a sin and a crime.”

So I do not see where the Catholic Church does not welcome all people already. . And if a practicing gay Catholic comes up to receive communion, it will not be refused --- albeit, there may be great risks involved when one takes communion "unworthily."

Pope Francis also famously said years ago when confronted about a gay priest - - - "Who am I to judge?" . . On that score, I thought he was spot on.

Last edited:
Prove there isn't a God.

Checkmate

It's not up to him or anyone else to prove a negative. You people are the ones that claim these supernatural beings exist and demand people live their lives according to "their" teachings. It's up to you prove they're real, not the other way around.

Legalized where? This is like being an atheist in Saudi Arabia. The pope speaks with a forked, exclusionary tongue.
it's legal in western nations. HERE in the US. What?? are you plannin an overseas trip or Sumthin'?? Word of Advice...you better stay here!!

That just says to me...its not enough for homos to have legal rights and legalize their behaviors...you want to force people to celebrate it, talk it up, promote it. Well...that ain't hap'nin'.

He's also the Head of State of a sovereign nation.
Pope is head of a religious protection racket that claims to found a state (the State is always already fundamentally terrorist) and thus try to trump Jefferson's healthy intuition to build a wall. Genuflectors now debauching over the U.S.-Mexican border while 23 U.S. states sue the CIA-catholic puppet now in the WH is apropo. duh

It's not up to him or anyone else to prove a negative. You people are the ones that claim these supernatural beings exist and demand people live their lives according to "their" teachings. It's up to you prove they're real, not the other way around.
we're perfectly happy with you goin' your way and we go ours...but Noooooooo...you gotta keep bringing it up and starting trouble. Then you think WE aren't supposed to respond. Well let me remind you...this is a discussion board...and you get to insert your opinion and SO. DO. WE.

Legalized where? This is like being an atheist in Saudi Arabia. The pope speaks with a forked, exclusionary tongue.
exclusionary? how are you excluded?? This numbskull president you illegitimately placed in the now SHITEHOUSE has placed representatives of your vile fraternity into positions of power. He talks up your behaviors and rights. WHAT the hell else do you want...oh yes....we must bow to the sacrament of sodomy and celebrate it for your sakes.

It's like revelation times

Relevant reading...

That fairy tale book, the Bible, tells you it would happen
The left doesn't realize or ignores the amount of fulfilled prophesy in the bible.

I dread seeing the faces come that day.

Like it is in the koran. All fake of course and without one ounce of support. A biological human reality is a sin because society that wrote these books to scare people say it is. lol
Then go be gay, who cares? Everyone has that time when they leave the earth and then guess what? You will find out if your were right or not.

I agree with the pope! It is time to come out of the freaking dark ages.
I think the new theology is that the only thing that can send you to hell is building walls.

I think this is good news for priests everywhere.

What a relief, eh?

Not to mention the fact that they choose to be such lousy, phony representatives of their "religion".

That behavior is not restricted to Christianity, of course.

it's legal in western nations. HERE in the US. What?? are you plannin an overseas trip or Sumthin'?? Word of Advice...you better stay here!!

That just says to me...its not enough for homos to have legal rights and legalize their behaviors...you want to force people to celebrate it, talk it up, promote it. Well...that ain't hap'nin'.
You try to customize your argument, like blm, reifying one race or country at the expense of all others. A catholic pope just did that, excluding established cultural laws of millions of Homo sapiens who do not do democracy.

You conveniently acquire amnesia that the CIA, who now runs the marionette now in the WH has been operating in Ukraine for the last 70 years, and when the CIA goes to church, it's damn sure not to pray. Suggested reading is Seidel, The Founding Myth: Why Christian nationalism is Un-American; Derrida, Rogues: Two Essays on Reason.

Forum List

Back