Post a picture of something you did today

tele.jpg

That's an interesting arraignment.

Just a chapter in my very strange book of life... We got married in '79', had 2 kids... Moved back and forth between Indiana, Hawaii and Alaska a total of 7 times in 23 years... I got voted off the island in '02' and went back to Indiana where our kids were... We never hated each other, just got burnt out I reckon... Always kept in touch and got along famously when we were 5000 miles apart... :dunno: She asked me to come back to Hawaii 4 years ago and here I am... :bang3: Life is good...

That's an interesting arraignment.

Just a chapter in my very strange book of life... We got married in '79', had 2 kids... Moved back and forth between Indiana, Hawaii and Alaska a total of 7 times in 23 years... I got voted off the island in '02' and went back to Indiana where our kids were... We never hated each other, just got burnt out I reckon... Always kept in touch and got along famously when we were 5000 miles apart... :dunno: She asked me to come back to Hawaii 4 years ago and here I am... :bang3: Life is good...
Sounds awesome...except for the living in Hawaii part. I love the ocean...but I also like getting 700 miles from it too.

Testing my new 4ft fire ring with a few bumps of Fireball...
20210515_224756.jpg

Going down to Tampa area along the Gulf in a couple days to visit wife's son and now my daughter is coming with. She just graduated nursing school. Should be awesome. Maybe post a pic.
Feeling like grandpamurkedyou, posting while buzzed.:wine:

Went with the ex-wife down to the local gun store this afternoon and watched her buy a Home defense weapon... Would have been a great time if the place hadn't been so crowded... I was surprised... She ended up buying a 12 Gauge Bullpup IFC Radikal Shotgun... The range was so busy that we did not fire the weapon but will go back during the week...
It's weird looking and just a little awkward, but will wait to pass judgement... I am proud of her as she done all the wheeling and dealing and is going to take a class to familiarize herself with the weapon...

radikal 01.jpg

12 Gauge Bullpup IFC Radikal Shotgun

I'll start:

My day started at 2:30 AM. Yesterday, some white leftist idiot had put up next to a baseball field, a 24" by 14" commercially-printed sign that read "Hate Does Not Make America Great." I ripped down the sign, took it home, took some stencils, spray paint, and a black marker, and changed it to read "TRUMP Makes America Great." I drove the 15 miles to town and stapled it in the same place it was before.

Of course, the sign was gone when I passed by there at 9:00 AM, while taking my wife to work. No picture, you'll just have to trust me on this.

While waiting for my wife to get ready for work, I gave an old S&W holster a good coating of neatsfoot oil...

View attachment 391827

After dropping my wife off at work, I stopped at Goodwill, went to a convenience store to withdraw some money from the ATM, went to the post office, and went to Walmart to get two new front tires.

Still no pictures, you'll have to trust me on those too.

I then dicked around in town for most of the day, going back to Goodwill, Walmart, the gun shop, and then picked up my wife when she got off at work.

After we got home, loaded up a wheelbarrow with the things I needed to test some 30-06 rounds I loaded up last night. I have some 180 grain Sierra bullets that I loaded five rounds in three different manufacture cases, Remington Peters, Barnes, and Winchester. Not all manufactures of cartridge cases have the same volumetric capacity, and different cases can give different velocities.

The chronograph showed that loads in the the Remington cases had an average of 2425.5 fps, with a standard deviation of 14.85. The loads in the Barnes cases had an average velocity of 2443 fps with a standard deviation of 12.73, The loads in the Winchester cases had an average velocity of 2433.5 fps with a standard deviation of 3.54, which is pretty good.

On an average, the 180 .308 grain bullet loaded at the starting load, was producing about 2300-2400 foot-pounds per square inch. Increasing the powder charge by one-tenth of a grain at a time, will bring it up to 3000 ft-lbs psi, which is a good hunting load.

View attachment 391832

View attachment 391833

So when I got done with that, I cleaned out an old metal 5-gallon fuel can that was half full of old kerosene. Dumped it out in the woods, washed it out with hot soapy water, and dried it out on one of the five kerosene heaters I have in the garage. The one in the picture is a Dyna-Glo RMC 95-C4 that puts out a whopping 23,000 BTUs. I bought it for $10 at a garage sale last weekend, from some hippies who finally moved into a house that has central heat and air. The darned thing is a monster, it makes so much heat in the garage that I broke out in a sweat, and is worth far more than I paid for it. About $125 used. Here I'm using it to dry out that magnificent metal 5-gallon can, which in this day and age, are hard to find. Everything seems to be made out of cheap Chinese plastic these days...

View attachment 391837

View attachment 391838

Lastly, and before I pass out from the vodka I drank, I'm finishing up polishing 100 30-06 brass cases in the case tumbler for tomorrow...

View attachment 391839
You sure you want me postin' something like that on here?

Couple Beech V35's at my small airfield. Always loved those. Nice enough today I may get up in this Vagabond I'm checking out.

Cool! Let me know your impressions. I have zero time in one so am curious.

Forum List

Back