Potential Black Owners Lining Up To Buy Clippers Already

Sterling should have been watching the Direct TV commercials.

$sterling.jpg

Over a few words he has to sell his team.

We're not free...

Actually you couldn’t be more wrong.

This is reaffirmation of the right to freely associate, the right to join private organizations, and the right of those private organizations to function within their constitutions and bylaws absent interference by the state.

This is exactly how it is supposed to happen in a free and democratic society, where private individuals and entities are at liberty to resolve conflicts and controversies with private society as the judge, not government.

The irony of this is that you and others on the right should be celebrating this, not reviling it.

I agree. The right has a problem. Some of us chose to latch on to losers like Sterling and Bundy in the name of freedom. In this case Sterling was rightfully punished, and to defend him is to defend the indefensible.

Maybe so, but it's clear he was set up, and what's troublesome is how much farther down this slippery-slope can we go?

I am going to split a side if the Koch brothers come in with the winning bid...

This is reaffirmation of the right to freely associate, the right to join private organizations, and the right of those private organizations to function within their constitutions and bylaws absent interference by the state.

This is exactly how it is supposed to happen in a free and democratic society, where private individuals and entities are at liberty to resolve conflicts and controversies with private society as the judge, not government.

The irony of this is that you and others on the right should be celebrating this, not reviling it.

I agree. The right has a problem. Some of us chose to latch on to losers like Sterling and Bundy in the name of freedom. In this case Sterling was rightfully punished, and to defend him is to defend the indefensible.

Maybe so, but it's clear he was set up, and what's troublesome is how much farther down this slippery-slope can we go?

I don't think there was a big conspiracy. His girlfriend probably sold the tape to TMZ because she needed money. I agree that the troublesome part was he was punished for comments made in a private conversation, but the players weren't going to play for him anymore and sponsors were leaving in droves. Does part of it seem unfair? Yes, but ultimately it was the only business decision to make and I don't have sympathy for someone as ignorant as Sterling.

There is no slippery slope. He got caught saying something and was penalized by the NBA for actions detrimental to the other franchise owners. No one is changing the constitution or the law.

Just ignoring what Sterling said and doing nothing would be dangerous since the genie is out of the bottle. A stern reaction was required especially with the sponsors leaving and Jordan and Magic speaking out, and I think Adam Silver handled it appropriately.

Just ignoring what Sterling said and doing nothing would be dangerous since the genie is out of the bottle. A stern reaction was required especially with the sponsors leaving and Jordan and Magic speaking out, and I think Adam Silver handled it appropriately.

Yes and no.

He got it over with, but due process?

Fuck that.

This shit doesn't end here. Who's next?

Sterling was a terrible owner. I hated his ass when the Clips were in SD. I say good riddance. But who do they go after next?

If you dislike Blacks, why get involved in the NBA? This is like a Hamas members opening a synagogue.

Does he call for the violent death of all of his players?

Jeez....good thing he was sent packing before it was too late!!

I just don't understand it, if you dont like Blacks why own an NBA Team? :dunno:

Same reason slave owners owned Black people. To make a profit and to make themselves feel like big men by raping Black women. If you consider his gf was Black and Mexican you got some high powered slave owner mentality going on there.

Last edited:

Yes and no.

Fuck that.

Sterling was a terrible owner. I hated his ass when the Clips were in SD. I say good riddance. But who do they go after next?

The next owner that gets taped spewing racist hatred?

Yes and no.

Fuck that.

What was Silver to do? to just let Sterling remain there is a powderkeg and Los Angeles does not have a good history with race relations, dude had to go.

Does he call for the violent death of all of his players?

Jeez....good thing he was sent packing before it was too late!!

I just don't understand it, if you dont like Blacks why own an NBA Team? :dunno:

Same reason slave owners owned Black people. To make a profit and to make themselves feel like big men by raping Black women. If you consider his gf was Black and Mexican you got some high powered slave owner mentality going on there.

So Sterling was ok with sleeping with black women, making money off black men but did not want Blacks at his games? good lord smh.

Yes and no.

Fuck that.

What was Silver to do? to just let Sterling remain there is a powderkeg and Los Angeles does not have a good history with race relations, dude had to go.

I would like to think Silver was doing what was in the best interests of the league as he looked sincere in announcement. I did hear from some of my friends that if he had not banned Sterling for life the playoffs were going to experience some massive failures. Players from all teams were in on it. KD and John Wall for ssure were not going to play.

Yes and no.

Fuck that.

I would like to think Silver was doing what was in the best interests of the league as he looked sincere in announcement. I did hear from some of my friends that if he had not banned Sterling for life the playoffs were going to experience some massive failures. Players from all teams were in on it. KD and John Wall for ssure were not going to play.

The Golden State Warriors were going to walk off the court, Silver had to do what was best for his business. Letting Sterling remain there was going to cost big bucks.

Sterling going to fight this in court with everything he's got. The man was a trial lawyer for many years and is notorious for being litigious.......

Sterling going to fight this in court with everything he's got. The man was a trial lawyer for many years and is notorious for being litigious.......

NBA has bigger attorneys and deeper pockets. Money and influence wins cases. Sterling is going to get stuck with court costs.

I don't think anyone would argue that this guy is a racist asshole, but don't you guys think its a little weird that a man could be forced to sell his business because of something he said in the privacy of his own home? I don't care if he said "*******, spicks, jews, chinks, faggots and retards should all die in a fire", it still doesn't mean he should be forced to sell his business. That's some Nazi shit and I don't think America should be going down that road.

Why would it be weird? Thats covered in the contract he signed not to do retarded hillbilly stuff like that. They are protecting their brand. I know you are just a working bee or unemployed but there is another world above your line of sight that does stuff like this everyday all across the US.

If youre going to call people racial slurs, couldnt you at least use them appropriately? That billionaire never lived in any hills, nor does he even have a southern accent.

If Sterling is forced to sell, he will sue the NBA and that team will be tied up in courts for years. He will be dead before he actually has to sell the team, assuming the courts rule against him at all. Don't expect to see a new owner anytime soon. Besides, if you read this article, it clearly doesn't look like the NBA can force him to sell anyway.... http://msn.foxsports.com/college-fo...e-donald-sterling-to-sell-the-clippers-050114

Last edited:

Forum List

Back