Poweful photos of people living in poverty....

[Q

Studies also show that conservatives consider donations to their church to be charity even when only 1% of those donations are actually given to charities.

Studies have also shown that Liberals are very stingy with their own money but are great advocates of taking money away from other people. The greedy bastards.

The Bible teaches that charity should come from the heart, family and church. There is nothing in there about supporting an oppressive bloated debt ridden out of control government welfare state that was created to provide a voting block for Liberals.
Maybe you can show me the link between liberalism and stinginess. If there is one, it's probably a reflection of religiosity and conservatives mistaken notion of its link to charity.

Here is one from the religious zealots that work for the New York Times. It is an opinion piece but it references studies.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/opinion/21kristof.html

Bleeding Heart Tightwads

Here is another that quotes studies:

Left-Wingers Are only Generous with other People’s Money

Another one

RealClearPolitics - Articles - Conservatives More Liberal Givers

Conservatives More Liberal Givers

Here is good one showing the charity in Red states being higher than Blue states

America’s Generosity Divide

There are plenty of other articles but I don't think you, being a Moon Bat, is really interested in hearing the truth. Moon Bats never are.

Liberal are hypocritical assholes when it comes to real charity. They want everybody else to foot the filthy ass welfare bill except themselves.

My wife and I are real Conservatives and we give very generously to charities in addition to our church. When we help out at the food bank and helping to feed the poor we see our fellow Conservatives not greedy selfish Moon Bats that talk a big game and want you to pay but don't do anything themselves.

Why are conservatives giving to the poor if conservatives believe that handouts are what keep the poor locked in poverty?

Government handouts

So you would end Medicaid? How will that make the country a better place?

Oh and we can end education being available regardless of one's ability to pay. How will that make the country better?

[Q

Studies also show that conservatives consider donations to their church to be charity even when only 1% of those donations are actually given to charities.

Studies have also shown that Liberals are very stingy with their own money but are great advocates of taking money away from other people. The greedy bastards.

The Bible teaches that charity should come from the heart, family and church. There is nothing in there about supporting an oppressive bloated debt ridden out of control government welfare state that was created to provide a voting block for Liberals.
Maybe you can show me the link between liberalism and stinginess. If there is one, it's probably a reflection of religiosity and conservatives mistaken notion of its link to charity.

Here is one from the religious zealots that work for the New York Times. It is an opinion piece but it references studies.

Bleeding Heart Tightwads

Another one

Here is good one showing the charity in Red states being higher than Blue states

There are plenty of other articles but I don't think you, being a Moon Bat, is really interested in hearing the truth. Moon Bats never are.

Liberal are hypocritical assholes when it comes to real charity. They want everybody else to foot the filthy ass welfare bill except themselves.

My wife and I are real Conservatives and we give very generously to charities in addition to our church. When we help out at the food bank and helping to feed the poor we see our fellow Conservatives not greedy selfish Moon Bats that talk a big game and want you to pay but don't do anything themselves.

Why are conservatives giving to the poor if conservatives believe that handouts are what keep the poor locked in poverty?

Government handouts

Like the example of Africa I posted. Pretty much no government handouts.

......8 years after the Mesiah, wonder what blue city's these are from????

Powerful Photos Of Living In Poverty In The U.S.

View attachment 75079

View attachment 75080

That is just horrible....

Why after six years of Republican Congressional control, haven't they passed a single anti-poverty bill?

Don't Republicans care?

LBJ passed welfare anti poverty laws and here we are 22 trillion dollars later with record numbers on welfare.
You're an idiot. First of all, we just had a massive recession and automatic stabilizers kicked in. And since the government abandoned sensible policy in the 80's in favor of neoliberal dogma...
22 trillion? Not near enough.

Of course its not surprising that you would want to waste 100 trillion on a problem that isn't or never will be fixed by money.

A poor family that can't afford healthcare insurance isn't 'fixed' by being given healthcare insurance free of charge?

I haven't seen the free insurance. Ive seen premium increases and massive increases on deductibles but where is the free insurance? Are you talking about govt subsidies for healthcare?

Medicaid is the single biggest anti-poverty program.

How would it make life better in America if that program ended tomorrow?

Not one person here wishes to seriously answer the above question?

Can we thus conclude that none of you RW'ers who want to end the war on poverty really think that ending it will make things better?

Here's a more powerful photo: people in Venezuela waiting in line for government assigned rations. Note they are not obese like the American Corn-fed Poor.

3500.jpg

are you really that stupid? liberal policies created the poverty and hopelessness. Wake up, idiot.

No liberal policy did that.

BS, making being on welfare for life an acceptable way to live is a liberal policy. Providing more welfare for more illegitimate kids is a liberal policy.

It's not a 'liberal' policy when the Republicans had multiple chances to end it.

And helping the poor doesn't hurt the poor. If it did, churches wouldn't do it would they? If it did, conservatives wouldn't brag about how much they supposedly give to charity, would they?

No one says it "hurts" the poor, quite the opposite. What it does, is continues the cycle of poverty. It makes poverty a viable choice for more and more people.

exactly, why work for $300/week when you can get $250/week for sitting on your ass.

If you make $300 a week, have children then you probably qualify for welfare anyway because ain't no on can live off of that.

That is just horrible....

Why after six years of Republican Congressional control, haven't they passed a single anti-poverty bill?

Don't Republicans care?

LBJ passed welfare anti poverty laws and here we are 22 trillion dollars later with record numbers on welfare.
You're an idiot. First of all, we just had a massive recession and automatic stabilizers kicked in. And since the government abandoned sensible policy in the 80's in favor of neoliberal dogma...
22 trillion? Not near enough.

Of course its not surprising that you would want to waste 100 trillion on a problem that isn't or never will be fixed by money.

A poor family that can't afford healthcare insurance isn't 'fixed' by being given healthcare insurance free of charge?

I'm talking about Medicaid. What gets better once Medicaid were ended, period?

I haven't seen the free insurance. Ive seen premium increases and massive increases on deductibles but where is the free insurance? Are you talking about govt subsidies for healthcare?

Damn poor people. And the minimum wage workers.
The two most powerful groups of people to be found in the USA.

Able to derail entire economies (MW) and able to live the good American dream life on a few hundred dollars a month (welfare recipients).

Truly an amazing group of people. Must be why so many republicans are joining their ranks. Jealousy.
It's paraites at the top who make nonexistent money by moving it around intead of producing.

If money is now nonexistent then why can't less predatory people have a few scraps?

right, the evil rich who actually hire people and create jobs. How awful !

Demand creates jobs.

Able to derail entire economies (MW) and able to live the good American dream life on a few hundred dollars a month (welfare recipients).

Truly an amazing group of people. Must be why so many republicans are joining their ranks. Jealousy.
It's paraites at the top who make nonexistent money by moving it around intead of producing.

If money is now nonexistent then why can't less predatory people have a few scraps?

Demand creates jobs.

Did you demand they invent a smart phone?

Demand creates jobs.

Inventions fail to sell without demand. Damn, you guys need to bring your A game for a change.

Demand creates jobs.

Inventions fail to sell without demand. Damn, you guys need to bring your A game for a change.

At work

Yea right knowing your ilk you probably on your 50th cell phone....

Demand creates jobs.

At work

I've owned about...10 smart phones so far? What is your point, other than using your paper route as an excuse?

Demand creates jobs.

At work

I've owned about...10 smart phones so far? What is your point, other than using your paper route as an excuse?

I have had 3

.btw you better tell the billions of dollars of sales and credit card company's generate in a year, that they are wasting their money because you say demand alone generates sales.

Fucking retard ....

Demand creates jobs.

At work

I have had 3

.btw you better tell the billions of dollars of sales and credit card company's generate in a year, that they are wasting their money because you say demand alone generates sales.

Fucking retard ....

You need to explain your point as you're not making it clear.

Some how smart phones and credit cards disprove that demand creates jobs? How so?

The problem isn't solved because conservatives would like to abolish the aid to the poor and put the poverty rate back up to 15% or more.

So the problem isn't solved? I thought YOU said the War on Poverty worked? Make up your alleged mind.

Thats because you would think it didnt work if your idea of it working is there will be no more poor people.

Jesus, I have to explain everything to you. He said the war worked, then he said poverty wasn't solved, he can't have both. It isn't about what I said. Have I made that simple enough for you?

Yeah, you think that for the program to work poverty as a reality must go away. Thats silly as fuck. Do you understand poverty will never go away so that cannot be a goal?

I guess I can't make it simple enough for you.

Its a simple question. Do you understand poverty will never go away so that cannot be a goal?

For you stupid uneducated low information Moon Bats that don't understand what is wrong with the filthy government taking money away from those that earned it and giving it to the welfare queens that didn't earn it I'll let Congressman Davy Crockett explain it to you although I doubt you are moral or intelligent enough to understand it.

It was just as wrong for the government to take money from the farmer plowing his field in Tennessee and giving it the people in Georgetown that had a fire back then as it is nowadays to take money from hard working Americans and give it away to millions of welfare queens.

If you want to give money to charity then that is fine. In fact I encourage you to do so. However, when the force of government is used to take your money and redistributed to those that didn't earn it then that is nothing more than simple thievery and it is morally wrong, not to mention being disastrous for the economy.

Not Yours to Give: Davy Crockett and Welfare

"No, Colonel, Congress has no right to give charity. Individual members may give as much of their own money as they please, but they have no right to touch a dollar of the public money for that purpose. If twice as many houses had been burned in the country as in Georgetown, neither you nor any other member of Congress would have thought of appropriating a dollar for our relief. There are about two hundred and forty members of Congress. If they had shown their sympathy for the sufferers by contributing each one week's pay, it would have made over $13,000. There are plenty of wealthy men around Washington who could have given $20,000 without depriving themselves of even a luxury of life. The congressmen chose to keep their own money, which, if reports be true, some of them spend not very creditably; and the people about Washington, no doubt, applauded you for relieving them from necessity of giving what was not yours to give.

[Q

Bleeding Heart Tightwads

Another one

Government handouts

So your view is that handouts to the poor are a good thing as long as the People don't decide, via the democratic process,

to make it part of one's civic responsibility?

lol, good one.

For you stupid uneducated low information Moon Bats that don't understand what is wrong with the filthy government taking money away from those that earned it and giving it to the welfare queens that didn't earn it I'll let Congressman Davy Crockett explain it to you although I doubt you are moral or intelligent enough to understand it.

It was just as wrong for the government to take money from the farmer plowing his field in Tennessee and giving it the people in Georgetown that had a fire back then as it is nowadays to take money from hard working Americans and give it away to millions of welfare queens.

If you want to give money to charity then that is fine. In fact I encourage you to do so. However, when the force of government is used to take your money and redistributed to those that didn't earn it then that is nothing more than simple thievery and it is morally wrong, not to mention being disastrous for the economy.

"No, Colonel, Congress has no right to give charity. Individual members may give as much of their own money as they please, but they have no right to touch a dollar of the public money for that purpose. If twice as many houses had been burned in the country as in Georgetown, neither you nor any other member of Congress would have thought of appropriating a dollar for our relief. There are about two hundred and forty members of Congress. If they had shown their sympathy for the sufferers by contributing each one week's pay, it would have made over $13,000. There are plenty of wealthy men around Washington who could have given $20,000 without depriving themselves of even a luxury of life. The congressmen chose to keep their own money, which, if reports be true, some of them spend not very creditably; and the people about Washington, no doubt, applauded you for relieving them from necessity of giving what was not yours to give.

Okay, so once you've abandoned democratic government as the system under which your country and its citizens live,

what's your alternative?

Democracy always creates a monster when the greedy 51% of the people find out that they can use the government to legally steal from the 49%.

That is the brutal thievery and oppression of that shitty economic system the Moon Bats call "Democrat Socialism".

Forum List

Back