Powell Pleads Guilty, Required to Testify in Future Cases

ATLANTA (AP) — Lawyer Sidney Powell pleaded guilty to reduced charges Thursday over efforts to overturn Donald Trump’s loss in the 2020 election in Georgia, becoming the second defendant in the sprawling case to reach a deal with prosecutors.

Powell, who was charged alongside Trump and 17 others with violating the state’s anti-racketeering law, entered the plea just a day before jury selection was set to start in her trial. She pleaded guilty to six misdemeanors related to intentionally interfering with the performance of election duties.

As part of the deal, she will serve six years of probation, will be fined $6,000 and will have to write an apology letter to Georgia and its residents. She also agreed to testify truthfully against her co-defendants at future trials.

More at the link below...

So, she has also agreed to testify truthfully against her co-defendants at future trials. I assume that also includes Trump. If she is only being charged with six misdemeanors and a $6,000 fine - she must be offering some really great testimony against her co-defendants. What do you think?

More at the following CNN link: https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/19/poli...y-georgia-2020-election-subversion/index.html
:th_smiley_emoticons_gaehn:...

ATLANTA (AP) — Lawyer Sidney Powell pleaded guilty to reduced charges Thursday over efforts to overturn Donald Trump’s loss in the 2020 election in Georgia, becoming the second defendant in the sprawling case to reach a deal with prosecutors.

Powell, who was charged alongside Trump and 17 others with violating the state’s anti-racketeering law, entered the plea just a day before jury selection was set to start in her trial. She pleaded guilty to six misdemeanors related to intentionally interfering with the performance of election duties.

As part of the deal, she will serve six years of probation, will be fined $6,000 and will have to write an apology letter to Georgia and its residents. She also agreed to testify truthfully against her co-defendants at future trials.

So, she has also agreed to testify truthfully against her co-defendants at future trials. I assume that also includes Trump. If she is only being charged with six misdemeanors and a $6,000 fine - she must be offering some really great testimony against her co-defendants. What do you think?

More at the following CNN link: https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/19/poli...y-georgia-2020-election-subversion/index.html

She's probably hoping to keep her license to practice law and continue to earn. I'm sure Rudy can provide her with a list of Russian oligarchs who pay well.
Actually she's skating on thin ice. Since disbarment is for crimes of "moral turpitude"

And "conspiracy" is one such crime. (under immigration and naturalization definitions)

If this is the best prosecutors can wrangle they didn't have much of a case.
If they didn't have a case, I am sure a "high-powered" trump lawyer like Powell could have beat the charges, representing herself with the same abilities and success, she displayed representing Trump with after the 2020 election. I figure it an unusually smart move for her, to take the deal, agreeing to testify against team trump, rather than go to court.

If they didn't have a case, I am sure a "high-powered" trump lawyer like Powell could have beat the charges, representing herself with the same abilities and success, she displayed representing Trump with after the 2020 election. I figure it an unusually smart move for her, to take the deal, agreeing to testify against team trump, rather than go to court.
Just another indication of how corrupted the judiciary has become.

If this is the best prosecutors can wrangle they didn't have much of a case.
Powell is just one of the people being charged. Not all of them are charged for similar things.

On the other hand how plea deals work is that the first one to plea and agree to testify gets the best deal.

She gets to avoid prison time in exchange for her testimony. You think it'll get better for the other defendants now?

Powell is just one of the people being charged. Not all of them are charged for similar things.

On the other hand how plea deals work is that the first one to plea and agree to testify gets the best deal.

She gets to avoid prison time in exchange for her testimony. You think it'll get better for the other defendants now?
The fix may be better against the other defendants.

Trump shows little loyalty so he gets little in return. We'll see who takes the next plea.

She was a licensed attorney and was with trump when he first posted to come to Washington on J6.

Forum List

Back