Power the U.S. With Solar Panels!

Maybe one of these days I'll look into what the electricity costs to get you the same distance as a gallon of gas.
Methinks you'll find EV's cost far more than internal combustion
I will show you a picture of the total area of solar panels it would take to power the U.S. Both day and night.
spam.....
It's a new thing called a BATTERY.
it's an old thing CC >>>
1655850135199.png

My general impression is we have only begun to tap into a renewable energy revolution, which our grandchildren and great grandchildren will hopefully fully enjoy.
An apt sentiment Tom, so ...can wood be a 'renewable' too......?
Try to remember that no one adopted those technology by force ... everyone who owns a car, rides in a plane, uses a computer, or communicates on a smart phone, does so by choice.
Point taken Mr Fncceo

Yet the green machine crosses that line, legislating all that is in their favor from our Congresscritters (always up for a $$$), much to the subjugation of those market forces that would normally operate via consumer 'choice'

~S~

The way I understand it, capacitors can be charged slowly over time, but they discharge 100% of their stored energy instantly. I don't think you can meter the discharge. They are used kind of like a ballast in a fluorescent fixture.

That is correct. Batteries are a balance between energy density, and energy discharge. Racing cars need rapid discharge, and high density, so most use some form of blended battery, where one battery is for the density, and the other is for the rapid discharge. Toyota used capacitors for their Le Mans Hypercar because they could get instant discharge. Now that the technology is advancing they are switching to a blended system if my memory is correct.

We already dig up (e.g., coal) and fill in the planet (e.g., defunct cars), how is this different?
If there's no difference, then why change?

Will they be filling the holes in with defunct EV's as well.

The environmental threads try to paint a rosey picture, but when you look past the Utopian fluffyness, renewables are just as bad, if not worse.

Why do you need more decreasing albedo?
I mean besides the solar panels?
It's odd how the decreasing albedo of solar panel results in 2C cooler daytime temps. Oh... no... it's not. It's due to the FLoT of converting solar radiation into electricity. Can't capture the electricity for later use and heat the surface of the planet at the same time.

It's odd how the decreasing albedo of solar panel results in 2C cooler daytime temps. Oh... no... it's not. It's due to the FLoT of converting solar radiation into electricity. Can't capture the electricity for later use and heat the surface of the planet at the same time.

It's odd how the decreasing albedo of solar panel results in 2C cooler daytime temps.

I know, because conservation of energy doesn't work with solar panels.

It's due to the FLoT of converting solar radiation into electricity.

And doing that destroys energy, right?

Can't capture the electricity for later use and heat the surface of the planet at the same time.

Can't absorb more solar energy and cool the planet at the same time.

Can't capture the electricity for later use and heat the surface of the planet at the same time.

Can't absorb more solar energy and cool the planet at the same time.
Solar energy is not "heat based" so the heat the surface of the planet bs is moot. Solar energy is photovoltaic meaning it is produced by "light" The heat of the sun is still there.

I know, because conservation of energy doesn't work with solar panels. And doing that destroys energy, right?Can't absorb more solar energy and cool the planet at the same time.
If you can't figure out what lower daytime temps mean I can't help you.

I'm saying that intermittent electrical generation technologies (30% efficiency) trying to replace continuous electrical generation technologies (95% efficiency) will need to install additional capacity (at least double) to store electricity when it's not producing.
It's not one or the other it is one augments the other.

If there's no difference, then why change?

Will they be filling the holes in with defunct EV's as well.

The environmental threads try to paint a rosey picture, but when you look past the Utopian fluffyness, renewables are just as bad, if not worse.
Economics. Why pay for what you can get for free?

Forum List

Back