Power the WORLD with solar panels.

goodluck

May 18, 2024
I wonder how much energy the world uses day and night. Probably quite a a bit, don't you think? Somebody here did a thread that showed the amount of solar panels compared to the U.S. it would take to power the U.S. Well here is a picture that shows how large the area would be compared to the U.S. it would take to power the WORLD! Just think, no need for gasoline. No need for coal, nuclear power, wind turbines or anything else. Just solar energy. The only problem would be in transmitting the power. But even that would be a solvable problem. Here is the picture. For you naysayers out there, put that in your pipe and smoke it.

solar panels to power the world 2.jpg

I wonder how much energy the world uses day and night. Probably quite a a bit, don't you think? Somebody here did a thread that showed the amount of solar panels compared to the U.S. it would take to power the U.S. Well here is a picture that shows how large the area would be compared to the U.S. it would take to power the WORLD! Just think, no need for gasoline. No need for coal, nuclear power, wind turbines or anything else. Just solar energy. The only problem would be in transmitting the power. But even that would be a solvable problem. Here is the picture. For you naysayers out there, put that in your pipe and smoke it.

View attachment 953394

The only problem would be in transmitting the power.

And paying for it and storing it and paying for storing it.

What's the tab? $100 trillion? $200 trillion?

View attachment 953394
How much energy is produced at night? Or in two weeks of rain during Monsoon season? After 10 years and the degradations of the panels, does it only produce enough for 1/2 the world, or 1/4?

More stupidity.

This pic has been posted before and proven false

The pic does not take into account the capacity factor.

We would need ten times that amount

You also need to build those solar panels with fossil fuels, oil and coal. As it is now heavy industry and the use of petro chemicals have grown since solar panels are being built.

Solar panels increases the use of oil

The panels when under industrial use burn out in less than ten years. We will constantly replace solar panels.

Endless use of oil

The cost to supply the usa with 5% solar power is $100 trillion.

This proposal requires a $100 trillion every year, forever.

Can you post your math ... running that much energy through New Mexico will like as not raise temperatures there north of 20,000ºC ... think of the lost tax revenue ...

But seriously ... how many square meters of solar panel does it take to run a hot plate? ... how much money retail? ... and finally how many years of wages does all those solar panels represent on the local black market? ... in Mali ... or Congo ... or Alabama ... see where I'm going with this ...

• Banned
The only problem would be in transmitting the power.

And paying for it and storing it and paying for storing it.

What's the tab? $100 trillion? $200 trillion?

Well if powering the U.S. with solar panels would only cost 4 to 7 trillion, it wouldn't cost a whole hell of a lot more to build enough solar panels to power the world.

• Banned
How much energy is produced at night? Or in two weeks of rain during Monsoon season? After 10 years and the degradations of the panels, does it only produce enough for 1/2 the world, or 1/4?

What would be produced during the day would be enough to power things at night. Next, what degradations. The last I heard, solar panels can last up to 50 years. Also, if we covered the Sahara Desert with solar panels, it would produce enough energy to power over 20 Earths.

What would be produced during the day would be enough to power things at night. Next, what degradations. The last I heard, solar panels can last up to 50 years. Also, if we covered the Sahara Desert with solar panels, it would produce enough energy to power over 20 Earths.

What would be produced during the day would be enough to power things at night.

How much power do we need per day?

More stupidity.

This pic has been posted before and proven false

The pic does not take into account the capacity factor.

We would need ten times that amount

You also need to build those solar panels with fossil fuels, oil and coal. As it is now heavy industry and the use of petro chemicals have grown since solar panels are being built.

Solar panels increases the use of oil

The panels when under industrial use burn out in less than ten years. We will constantly replace solar panels.

Endless use of oil

The cost to supply the usa with 5% solar power is $100 trillion.

This proposal requires a $100 trillion every year, forever.

I wonder which pollution causing industry you work for. Or maybe you should try actually looking things up instead of spouting such incredible stupidity. The picture I showed is accurate. Though it is possible to do it with a lesser overall area of solar panels. Next, the only capacity that matters is the amount of electricity they put out. Next, it takes 1 to 4 years for a solar panel to put out the same amount of energy that it took to create them. That is from mining the raw materials to the finished product. Next, solar panels decrease the amount of oil used. Next, solar panels last up to 50 years. Next, to completely the U.S. to solar would cost 4 to 7 trillion dollars.

Can you post your math ... running that much energy through New Mexico will like as not raise temperatures there north of 20,000ºC ... think of the lost tax revenue ...

But seriously ... how many square meters of solar panel does it take to run a hot plate? ... how much money retail? ... and finally how many years of wages does all those solar panels represent on the local black market? ... in Mali ... or Congo ... or Alabama ... see where I'm going with this ...

There are plenty of extremely intelligent people who have already done the math. There are many websites about the results. Look at some. Also, your talk of temperatures being raised is hallucinatory. It doesn't get any better after that. So I'll leave it there.

The nation can't be powered by ANY intermittent source, no matter how much OPM you throw at it.

You're pissin' in the wind, s0n.

All you have to do is store some of the energy created during the day to power things at night. There are many ways of doing that. So the power wouldn't be intermittent.

What would be produced during the day would be enough to power things at night.

How much power do we need per day?

Seeing how this thread is about powering the world with solar panels, I will assume you are speaking of that. If you want to know how much power the world needs per day, look it up. The amount of solar panels compared to the U.S. in the picture I posted shows what it would take to produce it. And as I told Mikeo, if we covered the Sahara Desert in solar panels, we would produce enough energy to power over 20 Earths.

I'm not going to do your homework for you. I looked it up. Do so yourself. The computer age has made that easy enough to do. Just go to your browser and type in your question. It will bring up many web pages with answers.

Forum List

Back