Praying that the environmentalists go away…

Those damn environmentalist. I bet the RuskieWingers can't wait to return to the glory days huh?

http://www.environmentalcouncil.org/priorities/article.php?x=264

When Lake Erie – or more exactly the Cuyahoga River which flows into Lake Erie – caught fire in 1969, it ignited a firestorm of public outrage over the indiscriminate dumping of sewage and industrial chemicals into the Great Lakes.

But the incident was not particularly unusual. Nor was it the most significant of a long history of fires fueled by the thick oily sludges that fouled the Lakes and their arteries. The Chicago and Buffalo rivers also repeatedly caught fire. So did Michigan’s Rouge River.

“Burning Rivers – Revival of Four Urban-Industrial Rivers that Caught on Fire,” a new book by Michigan environmental hero John Hartig, chronicles the shameful and lasting damage done to the greatest rivers in the most spectacular freshwater ecosystem on our planet. More importantly, Hartig recounts the concerted and successful efforts to restore the rivers – not to their natural state, but at least within hailing distance of acceptable water quality.

For citizens and environmentalists worn down by the exhausting and seemingly fruitless battles to engage the public and policymakers in defense of our Lakes, the lesson is this: We’ve done it before. We can do it again.
The Problem is environmentalists are not the authority on such matters, they are too full of shit be taken seriously
Who is then? Scott Pruitt?
You're an idiot.
Environmentalists are not the authority on anything but their self righteousness....
I see you couldn't answer my question. I'll try again. If environmentalists and scientists aren't the experts on the environment, who is?

Forum List

Back