Pres. memo--execute Americans without due process

(a) IN GENERAL- That the President is authorized to use all necessary and appropriate force against those nations, organizations, or persons he determines planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, or harbored such organizations or persons, in order to prevent any future acts of international terrorism against the United States by such nations, organizations or persons.

The President has the authority to kill anyone in Al Qaeda, or affiliated with Al Qaeda,

since Al Qaeda is an 'organization' as described above.

Being an American Al Qaeda is not a hall pass.

But the ACLU's Richardson noted that while there have been no additional legislative oversight measures passed during Obama's presidency, there have been some put in place in the executive branch. Most notably, the Justice Department decided to implement several measures that were originally included in the USA PATRIOT Act Sunset Extension Act of 2009 - a failed oversight bill proposed by Sen. Leahy.

"The Patriot Act has been plagued by myths and misinformation for 10 years," said Rep. F. James Sensenbrenner Jr. (R-Wis.). "If Congress fails to reauthorize these laws before they expire, America's national security and that of its citizens will be the most vulnerable in a decade."

Wow, the Executive branch is going to watch the executive branch, that makes me feel better.

Would you like a link to all the Times the ACLU says the Justice Department breaks the law?

(a) IN GENERAL- That the President is authorized to use all necessary and appropriate force against those nations, organizations, or persons he determines planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, or harbored such organizations or persons, in order to prevent any future acts of international terrorism against the United States by such nations, organizations or persons.

The President has the authority to kill anyone in Al Qaeda, or affiliated with Al Qaeda,

I see you can't read. The memo actually says that an high official in the executive branch has the power to kill anyone they suspect is a member of Al Qaeda, or any organization associated with them, even if they have no proof. This power is not limited to the president, nor dies it require actual evidence, all it requires is someone to say go.

For those here who have conveniently forgotten that Obama ordered a separate attack that killed a 16 year old American citizen simply because he didn't like his father, who was already dead, let me remind them with this article.

How does Team Obama justify killing him?

The answer Gibbs gave is chilling:
ADAMSON: ...It's an American citizen that is being targeted without due process, without trial. And, he's underage. He's a minor.

GIBBS: I would suggest that you should have a far more responsible father if they are truly concerned about the well being of their children. I don't think becoming an al Qaeda jihadist terrorist is the best way to go about doing your business.
Again, note that this kid wasn't killed in the same drone strike as his father. He was hit by a drone strike elsewhere, and by the time he was killed, his father had already been dead for two weeks. Gibbs nevertheless defends the strike, not by arguing that the kid was a threat, or that killing him was an accident, but by saying that his late father irresponsibly joined al Qaeda terrorists. Killing an American citizen without due process on that logic ought to be grounds for impeachment. Is that the real answer? Or would the Obama Administration like to clarify its reasoning? Any Congress that respected its oversight responsibilities would get to the bottom of this.

How Team Obama Justifies the Killing of a 16-Year-Old American - Conor Friedersdorf - The Atlantic

Whatta pile of Pub hypocrisy. These are self professed senior terrorists. Mindless BS opposition from the hATER DUPES...

'Zactly. Death to terrorists from Hellfire from the sky. Join with enemies of the US and your place of birth is irrelevant.

Regards from Rosie

U.S. DRONES KILLING AMERICAN CITIZENS
Without due process of the law.

Any American that join up with Al Qaeda and plan attacks against America and American interest should be stripped of their citizenship and then their butts blown to smithereens. Al Qaeda is always a eminent threat. Always planning their next attack against Americans where ever they are. “We have met the enemy and he is usWe kill Americans daily on our streets without due process of law and eminent threat.

US legal argument for drone strikes

The memo says that it is lawful for the US to target al-Qaeda-linked US citizens if they pose an "imminent" threat of violent attack against other US citizens, and that delaying action against such people would create an unacceptably high risk.
Awlaki was a high-level al-Qaeda operative, while Khan edited al-Qaeda's English language magazine. (wrong place at the wrong time. Casualties of war.
US legal argument for drone strikes revealed - Americas - Al Jazeera English

Wow the fear that the left generates is palitible.

Scary that they are NOW more scared of al-Qaeda since Obama started his predator killing. I said this four years ago, that if I were a brown skinned man I would be very scared of this President. He has no military experience and maybe the only gun experience he has is in drive bys. So he may use the power he has now to prove his manliness. Appears I was correct. Is it any wonder that those in the ME want to kill us more then ever? Dropping predator bombs on people then justifying the collateral damage as sorry wrong place wrong time might do that to some people.

Hyperbole much?

For those here who have conveniently forgotten that Obama ordered a separate attack that killed a 16 year old American citizen simply because he didn't like his father, who was already dead, let me remind them with this article.

How does Team Obama justify killing him?

The answer Gibbs gave is chilling:
ADAMSON: ...It's an American citizen that is being targeted without due process, without trial. And, he's underage. He's a minor.

GIBBS: I would suggest that you should have a far more responsible father if they are truly concerned about the well being of their children. I don't think becoming an al Qaeda jihadist terrorist is the best way to go about doing your business.
Again, note that this kid wasn't killed in the same drone strike as his father. He was hit by a drone strike elsewhere, and by the time he was killed, his father had already been dead for two weeks. Gibbs nevertheless defends the strike, not by arguing that the kid was a threat, or that killing him was an accident, but by saying that his late father irresponsibly joined al Qaeda terrorists. Killing an American citizen without due process on that logic ought to be grounds for impeachment. Is that the real answer? Or would the Obama Administration like to clarify its reasoning? Any Congress that respected its oversight responsibilities would get to the bottom of this.

How Team Obama Justifies the Killing of a 16-Year-Old American - Conor Friedersdorf - The Atlantic

Gibbs is right and you are wrong.

QWB, you are defending terrorists and terrorism.

Is the killing a 16 year old simply because of who his father was what the Democrats and Liberals consider part of "American Traditions"?

Is the killing a 16 year old simply because of who his father was what the Democrats and Liberals consider part of "American Traditions"?

Sure, when he's there for training in al-Queda methods and tactics. If his family wanted him kept alive they would have convinced him to stay in Denver and stay away from Daddy. Oops!

A traitor is a traitor....16 year olds understand the possible consequences.

Regards from Rosie

U.S. DRONES KILLING AMERICAN CITIZENS
Without due process of the law.

Any American that join up with Al Qaeda and plan attacks against America and American interest should be stripped of their citizenship and then their butts blown to smithereens. Al Qaeda is always a eminent threat. Always planning their next attack against Americans where ever they are. “We have met the enemy and he is usWe kill Americans daily on our streets without due process of law and eminent threat.

Wow the fear that the left generates is palitible.

Scary that they are NOW more scared of al-Qaeda since Obama started his predator killing. I said this four years ago, that if I were a brown skinned man I would be very scared of this President. He has no military experience and maybe the only gun experience he has is in drive bys. So he may use the power he has now to prove his manliness. Appears I was correct. Is it any wonder that those in the ME want to kill us more then ever? Dropping predator bombs on people then justifying the collateral damage as sorry wrong place wrong time might do that to some people.

Hyperbole much?

You don't need to be "brown" skin to be afraid of the President. Look at Republicans. 90% white. He terrifies them. Course, for many Republicans, probably the vast majority, anyone not lily white terrifies them.

Oh please give us the intel you recieved that shows that the young man was completely innocent of being involved in terror.

To be clear, I believe that terrorists, American or otherwise, need to be taken out. I don't really care how. My beef is with the left and their hypocrisy on this issue. The people who claim that Bush and Reagan killed people and are murderers don't seem to care at all about obama killing people.

It's the hypocrisy of the whole thing that I'm pointing out.

I think all that does is create more terrorists.

I don't think it matters at all. It's the culture over there that creates more terrorists. This kind of killing, hatred, and religious fanaticism has been going on over there for centuries.

No. It is not created by the culture. Their culture no more creates terrorists than our culture does. What creates terrorists is the feeling that terrorism is the only method available to someone to fight back what they see as injustice. If the situation were reversed, you would see it as injustice as well.

The europeans (and us) have been using the middle east as a battlefield and resource for two centuries. We have consistently treated them as third class citizens in their own land. We have sent in troops, destroyed ways of life, created entire nations for our own convenience and toppled democratically elected governments. And we have the temerity to wonder why they don't like us? Fanaticism arises from chaos, not culture, and much of that chaos we caused. Causing even more chaos is not going to solve the problem.

Did I start this thread?

No.

Again.. return those Strawmen back to the field and discuss the issue at hand not some whaddaboutry that has absolutely nothing do with the subject.

You haven't started ANY thread about those things.

Feel free..link one.

I've read your posts. You seem to think these sort of issues begin and end with THIS PRESIDENT.

That this PRESIDENT is an outlier.

He's not.

Presidents who inherit new powers, DON'T GIVE THEM UP.

Book that.

ONE MORE TIME and I will type slow so that you can understand it.

I just started posting here last week. I was NOT posting here during those discussions.

It is impossible for me to have started threads on those issues on this board.

Then..it should be easy for you to clarify.

What do you want done with the AUMF, Patriot Act and Enemy Combatant Status.

You might also want to explain your stance on torture and warantless wiretaps.

As well as the whole notion of classified documents.

Go.

Without due process, without evidence, without even suspicion of wrongdoing.

Americans who have joined up with Al Qaeda in planning attacks which is imminent threats on America where ever we are and killing them. Remember Bush declared the global war on terrorist and his bombing of Iraq who was not an threat, killing innocent Iraqi men, women and children who were not a threat. Created more terrorist and threats.

Water boarding did not lead to the killing of OBL. What happen to “find the wherever they are and kill them.” Intelligence led us to OBL. Gitmo detainees are held indefinite without due process of a trial. Unarmed U.S. citizens are killed daily by police without due process of a trial. We used to hang them not so long ago.

People found guilty of war crime, Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld, are usually imprisoned but they are free at the expense of the American tax payers.

Why are the Right wing outrage about killing Americans who have join up with Al Qaeda in planning attacks against America. Because it is effective in getting rid of attacks from Al Qaeda. Drones did not produce more terrorist and make us less safe. The global war on terrorism and the killing of innocent by Bush did. Obama did not start these wars killing innocent people,

We cannot drop in on Al Qaeda who have guns pointed at us and ask who is an American and take them into custody and put them on trial. :cuckoo:

by Jim Hoft
February 5, 2013

Abdulrahman Anwar al-Awlaki was a 16-year-old American citizen from Denver.
Then he died in a drone strike.
kid-drone.jpg

Today the Obama White House said drone strikes are “ethical” and “wise.”

Tell that to Abdulrahman’s family.
NBC News reported:

Of the scores of people dubbed terrorists and taken out by American military drone strikes, three men — all killed in the fall of 2011 — were U.S. citizens.

And their lives illustrate the complexity of the issue, recently brought to light amid a newly discovered government memo that provides the legal reasoning behind drone strikes on Americans.

Anwar al-Awlaki and Samir Khan were killed by a missile strike in Yemen on Sept. 30, 2011, while al-Awlaki’s son, Abdulrahman, was killed in the country just weeks later.

Since the attacks, family members have called the deaths unjust and sued the U.S. government, calling the killings unconstitutional​

**snip**

Continue reading: -->
Team Obama Killed 16 Year-Old Denver Kid in Yemeni Drone Strike | The Gateway Pundit

So you believe that the CIA has to be accountable?

Seriously?

Yes or No?

I see you can't read. The memo actually says that an high official in the executive branch has the power to kill anyone they suspect is a member of Al Qaeda, or any organization associated with them, even if they have no proof. This power is not limited to the president, nor dies it require actual evidence, all it requires is someone to say go.

And?

Was this something you were against when the AUMF was enacted?

Forum List

Back