Presbyterians Edge Closer to Same-Sex Marriage Acceptance

There is a difference between churches accepting gays in the pews & churches endorsing gay marriage & homosexuality as okay. Ofcourse they want gays to show up, they want all sinners to show up. I can't remember who said it, but I think this sums it up well, "Church is not supposed to be a lounge for saints, but a hospital for recovering sinners"...something like that. If you think most churches will not tell you you are sinning, Wytchy...you've got another thing coming. What they will try to do is help you change your ways...which is the whole point of being a Christian.

To the "catholic church is the one true church" guy, don't make me laugh! It's the church Satan will use to introduce the anti-Christ according to many end-times prophecy experts.

They describe your latest pope as the last pope before the one world religion & government will be upon us. The BIBLE describes your pope as the last pope.

One will lead to the other. Fewer and fewer people can look their loved ones in the eyes and say "I love you, but don't think you deserve the same happiness or rights as I have". People will start leaving their anti-gay churches for more inclusive ones. Old churches with old attitudes will find their membership dying off and not being replaced...until their old ideas are replaced.

You can look at history and see the inevitable.

The church can change, but the Bible won't.

Churches....churches.

They can't even agree on anything that the so-called bible says....in all its variations.

Many Churches choose not to follow the Bible, or twist the meaning of what the Bible says to mean something else entirely. I would not go to a Church that accepted same sex relationships as normal and positive. A church that encouraged gays to attend is not the same kind of church as one that encourages such behavior. If gays want a church that accepts and encourages that behavior, they should absolutely have one. Just don't force EVERY church to conform to abomination.

It's not about churches not agreeing on what the bible said, it's about some churches ignoring what the bible says so they can put more butts in the seats & more money.

Those churches are not part of the true church, bodey. Their social gatherings of people who do not want to hear the true gospel.

One will lead to the other. Fewer and fewer people can look their loved ones in the eyes and say "I love you, but don't think you deserve the same happiness or rights as I have". People will start leaving their anti-gay churches for more inclusive ones. Old churches with old attitudes will find their membership dying off and not being replaced...until their old ideas are replaced.

You can look at history and see the inevitable.

The church can change, but the Bible won't.

Churches....churches.

They can't even agree on anything that the so-called bible says....in all its variations.

I wonder if any of these folks are Presbyterians?

Paris France, 2013:

frenchprotestpackedcrowd_zps51f56ee4.jpg

Frenchprotestinggaymarriage_zps19adcb49.jpg

And in America

chickfilacardrivein_zpsb2be6ae5.jpg

chickfilabagforeground_zps18d52d68.jpg

Forum List

Back