President declares: Every gun that is made, every warship launched is a theft from the hungry

Obama couldn't shine Eisenhower's boots when it comes to military experience.

First off, the non-PC term "shine" shows why Obama would not do that.

More important, Obama has never had to figure out how to shine anyone's shoes because he'a always have liberals licking his. OK, some of them aim a little higher than others.

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron. … Is there no other way the world may live?

Great speech by a great President

I thought the President was a Constitutional scholar. Apparently he missed the part about raising a military in Article I, Section 8 while thinking there was any article about social welfare programs. Just more pandering.

Where in the Constitution does it say we have to raise a military larger than the next ten militaries combined?

The President knows from experience what a military force can and cannot do. More military knowledge than any President in the last 100 years

It doesn't say anything about how big or little just that Congress has the authority. Seems you base your argument on how much and that's a faulty argument. That the power exists is all that matters.

So you're saying that he has more experience than Eisenhower? You get the award for dumbass response of the year.

I'd say as much experience as Eisenhower

You also get the chapped lips of the year award for how much ass you kiss.

Who said anything about Obama?

It was Eisenhower who made the quote in the OP. Seems he would know more about the subject than anyone else....won't you agree

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron. … Is there no other way the world may live?

Karl Marx would be so proud.

communist-obama.jpg

First off, the non-PC term "shine" shows why Obama would not do that.

More important, Obama has never had to figure out how to shine anyone's shoes because he'a always have liberals licking his. OK, some of them aim a little higher than others.

Some of them have their head so far up where they start licking, if you twisted them by their feet, they could brush the back of his teeth.

I thought the President was a Constitutional scholar. Apparently he missed the part about raising a military in Article I, Section 8 while thinking there was any article about social welfare programs. Just more pandering.

Where in the Constitution does it say we have to raise a military larger than the next ten militaries combined?

The President knows from experience what a military force can and cannot do. More military knowledge than any President in the last 100 years

It doesn't say anything about how big or little just that Congress has the authority. Seems you base your argument on how much and that's a faulty argument. That the power exists is all that matters.

So you're saying that he has more experience than Eisenhower? You get the award for dumbass response of the year.

It was Eisenhower who made the quote in the OP. Seems he would know more about the subject than anyone else....won't you agree

Patton was a far better general and understood our true enemies better. He recognized the Soviet threat long before anyone...he also died for speaking out about it

Every person who is not protected by those things is prey for those who would abuse, enslave, or murder them. So yes, when you have a POTUS who seems to favor enslaving the lower classes, this is problematic for his slavers.

You should credit Eisenhower and actually put quotes around it if it is. Very misleading but not surprised from someone like you.

communist-obama.jpg

Why would Karl Marx be proud of Dwight Eisenhower?

You should credit Eisenhower and actually put quotes around it if it is. Very misleading but not surprised from someone like you.

I said it came from the President

Words all presidents should live by, don't you agree?

Every person who is not protected by those things is prey for those who would abuse, enslave, or murder them. So yes, when you have a POTUS who seems to favor enslaving the lower classes, this is problematic for his slavers.

That is a very interesting point

Thanks for posting

Yes Eisenhower was right.

However, he was there when it all started and helped to start it.

So he could have been more honest and said every weapon of war I requested and authorized to be built and the whole MIC that I helped to created will cost...........

I find it interesting that people leave that part of the whole thing out.

THE President is Obama. Eisenhower is A President. Like I said, very misleading but expected.

Yes Eisenhower was right.

However, he was there when it all started and helped to start it.

So he could have been more honest and said every weapon of war I requested and authorized to be built and the whole MIC that I helped to created will cost...........

I find it interesting that people leave that part of the whole thing out.

Eisenhower understood the sacrifices a nation makes in investing in its military and ultimately what a waste to humanity that it was

THE President is Obama. Eisenhower is A President. Like I said, very misleading but expected.

I see you agree with the great President Eisenhower who was "the president" at the time he said it

I'm sure Obama would too

Patton was a far better general and understood our true enemies better. He recognized the Soviet threat long before anyone...he also died for speaking out about it

Too fucking funny

I see you agree with the great President Eisenhower who was "the president" at the time he said it

I'm sure Obama would too

You presented it as if it was being said now by THE President now not the President THEN. Like I said, misleading but expected from a low-class turd that licks Obama's ass.

communist-obama.jpg
So is Bill Ayers. Ayers tells people about Obama, "That's m' boy!"

Too fucking funny

Yeah you are...and complete moron. In fact your entire thread is moronic. You idiot when Eisenhower made that speech we were embroiled in the Korean War and he couldn't make it where he wanted to, in front of the UN due to that, he had to make it in front of the American Society of Newspaper Editors

Forum List

Back