President Obama is racist

That doesn't mean he's racist. People really throw this term around for everything these days.

OK, have it your way

then he has continually shown contempt, bigotry and prejudice toward all white people

And his and their, Constitution. Kings and dictator wannabes will use any method they can get away with, for power and control.

You have no clue in the world what the word "racism" means, do you?

:eusa_hand:

Common usage has made it a very slippery thing.

When you reference 'my people' and you're a black AG, you're a racist.

When you join the Congressional Black Caucus you're a racist.

The topper: "Now, I've – I don't know, not having been there and not seeing all the facts, what role race played in that. But I think it's fair to say, number one, any of us would be pretty angry; number two, that the Cambridge police acted stupidly..."

That's a racist at his core. No doubt.

his grandmother was a typical white person ya know

he said so himself

Common usage has made it a very slippery thing.

When you reference 'my people' and you're a black AG, you're a racist.

When you join the Congressional Black Caucus you're a racist.

The topper: "Now, I've – I don't know, not having been there and not seeing all the facts, what role race played in that. But I think it's fair to say, number one, any of us would be pretty angry; number two, that the Cambridge police acted stupidly..."

That's a racist at his core. No doubt.

Is it?
How?

Yes, you do have to be able to explain it...

When your actions or opinions pivot on race, you're a racist.

circular-reasoning1.jpg

As I said -- you do have to be able to explain it. You failed.

You have no clue in the world what the word "racism" means, do you?

:eusa_hand:

Yes better than most. To pretend like because I'm white I could have never been treated with racism says you have no clue. Much of what the president described could be racism but it could also be profiling based on the way you present yourself. To make a blanket statement that blacks that experience those things could only be because they are black and have nothing to do with the way they dress and act is in itself a racist statement that everyone else is racist towards the blacks and there could be no other explanation. That is a big problem in this country we teach people that when people act that way it could only be racist and not have anything to do with the way you present yourself to others by the way you dress and act.

No, it isn't. You're injecting a conclusion without a basis here. Your fatal flaw is the phrase "there could be no other explanation".

An analysis of how racism is manifest in the real world is in no way the same thing as a value judgement of that racial group -- which is the description of racism. To say "more blacks are unemployed than whites" is a simple dry fact, not racist; to say "more blacks are unemployed because blacks are unemployable" brings in the value judgement and THEN it's racism. But that doesn't seem to be involved here. Actually you give no quote at all so who knows what you're even talking about, but from what you described, you haven't described 'racism'.

I had some fuckhead on this board call me "racist" for the observation that the demographics of the Fox Noise Channel showed most of their audience is white. And that's horseshit. "Racism" doesn't mean any topic that in any way discusses race. It requires a value judgement of superiority/inferiority of a particular race. Without that value judgement -- it isn't.

Quotes from the president:

But I did want to just talk a little bit about context and how people have responded to it and how people are feeling. You know, when Trayvon
Martin was first shot, I said that this could have been my son. Another way of saying that is Trayvon Martin could have been me 35 years ago.
And when you think about why, in the African- American community at least, there’s a lot of pain around what happened here, I think it’s important
to recognize that the African- American community is looking at this issue through a set of experiences and a history that -- that doesn’t go away.

[Because of history it is okay to claim this was racist even though it wasn’t?]

There are very few African-American men in this country who haven’t had the experience of being followed when they were shopping in a department store.
That includes me. And there are very few African-American men who haven’t had the experience of walking across the street and hearing the locks click on the
doors of cars. That happens to me, at least before I was a senator. There are very few African-Americans who haven’t had the experience of getting on an elevator
and a woman clutching her purse nervously and holding her breath until she had a chance to get off. That happens often.

[Drawing conclusions that this could only be occurring because they are black?]

And you know, I don’t want to exaggerate this, but those sets of experiences inform how the African-American community interprets what happened one night in
Florida. And it’s inescapable for people to bring those experiences to bear.

[So that makes it ok?]

The African-American community is also knowledgeable that there is a history of racial disparities in the application of our criminal laws, everything from the death
penalty to enforcement of our drug laws. And that ends up having an impact in terms of how people interpret the case.

[Really so we are today applying civil rights violations in our legal system?]

Now, this isn’t to say that the African-American community is naive about the fact that African-American young men are disproportionately involved in the criminal justice
system, that they are disproportionately both victims and perpetrators of violence. It’s not to make excuses for that fact, although black folks do interpret the reasons for
that in a historical context.

Sure there is a lot of young black violence but it is not their fault

We understand that some of the violence that takes place in poor black neighborhoods around the country is born out of a very violent past in this country, and that the
poverty and dysfunction that we see in those communities can be traced to a very difficult history.

[Because of racial problems is the only reason for violence in the black communities]

And so the fact that sometimes that’s unacknowledged adds to the frustration. And the fact that a lot of African-American boys are painted with a broad brush and the excuse
is given, well, there are these statistics out there that show that African-American boys are more violent -- using that as an excuse to then see sons treated differently causes
pain.

[Again just because they are black and has nothing to do with the idealizing the gang culture and dressing like gangsters and acting like gangsters has not impact at all? Has nothing to do with the drugs or the type of rappers they identify with?]

I think the African-American community is also not naive in understanding that statistically somebody like Trayvon Martin was probably statistically more likely to be shot by a
peer than he was by somebody else.

So -- so folks understand the challenges that exist for African- American boys, but they get frustrated, I think, if they feel that there’s no context for it or -- and that context is
being denied. And -- and that all contributes, I think, to a sense that if a white male teen was involved in the same kind of scenario, that, from top to bottom, both the outcome
and the aftermath might have been different.

What proof is there of this statement? This is just conjecture because obviously everyone in America including the justice system is racist toward blacks?

Now, the question for me at least, and I think, for a lot of folks is, where do we take this? How do we learn some lessons from this and move in a positive direction?
You know, I think it’s understandable that there have been demonstrations and vigils and protests, and some of that stuff is just going to have to work its way through
as long as it remains nonviolent. If I see any violence, then I will remind folks that that dishonors what happened to Trayvon Martin and his family.

[Not that violence is not deserved in this situation but because it would dishonor the memory]

Number one, precisely because law enforcement is often determined at the state and local level, I think it’d be productive for the Justice Department -- governors,
mayors to work with law enforcement about training at the state and local levels in order to reduce the kind of mistrust in the system that sometimes currently exists.

You know, when I was in Illinois I passed racial profiling legislation. And it actually did just two simple things. One, it collected data on traffic stops and the race of the
person who was stopped. But the other thing was it resourced us training police departments across the state on how to think about potential racial bias and ways to
further professionalize what they were doing.

And initially, the police departments across the state were resistant, but actually they came to recognize that if it was done in a fair, straightforward way, that it would
allow them to do their jobs better and communities would have more confidence in them and in turn be more helpful in applying the law. And obviously law enforcement’s
got a very tough job.

So that’s one area where I think there are a lot of resources and best practices that could be brought bear if state and local governments are receptive. And I think a lot of
them would be. And -- and let’s figure out other ways for us to push out that kind of training.

[Again that this all happened obviously because everyone in Florida handling this was racist. They were all out to get the black man and we need to change that.]

Along the same lines, I think it would be useful for us to examine some state and local laws to see if it -- if they are designed in such a way that they may encourage the
kinds of altercations and confrontations and tragedies that we saw in the Florida case, rather than defuse potential altercations.

I know that there’s been commentary about the fact that the stand your ground laws in Florida were not used as a defense in the case.

On the other hand, if we’re sending a message as a society in our communities that someone who is armed potentially has the right to use those firearms even if there’s a way
for them to exit from a situation, is that really going to be contributing to the kind of peace and security and order that we’d like to see?

[What is the excuse for Illinois?]

And for those who resist that idea that we should think about something like these “stand your ground” laws, I just ask people to consider if Trayvon
Martin was of age and armed, could he have stood his ground on that sidewalk? And do we actually think that he would have been justified in shooting
Mr. Zimmerman, who had followed him in a car, because he felt threatened?

[Zimmerman did not just feel threatened but he was attacked. That is a big difference there. But obviously the only different is because he was black right?]

Link: http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...33ebea-f09a-11e2-a1f9-ea873b7e0424_story.html

Last edited:
Yes better than most. To pretend like because I'm white I could have never been treated with racism says you have no clue. Much of what the president described could be racism but it could also be profiling based on the way you present yourself. To make a blanket statement that blacks that experience those things could only be because they are black and have nothing to do with the way they dress and act is in itself a racist statement that everyone else is racist towards the blacks and there could be no other explanation. That is a big problem in this country we teach people that when people act that way it could only be racist and not have anything to do with the way you present yourself to others by the way you dress and act.

No, it isn't. You're injecting a conclusion without a basis here. Your fatal flaw is the phrase "there could be no other explanation".

An analysis of how racism is manifest in the real world is in no way the same thing as a value judgement of that racial group -- which is the description of racism. To say "more blacks are unemployed than whites" is a simple dry fact, not racist; to say "more blacks are unemployed because blacks are unemployable" brings in the value judgement and THEN it's racism. But that doesn't seem to be involved here. Actually you give no quote at all so who knows what you're even talking about, but from what you described, you haven't described 'racism'.

I had some fuckhead on this board call me "racist" for the observation that the demographics of the Fox Noise Channel showed most of their audience is white. And that's horseshit. "Racism" doesn't mean any topic that in any way discusses race. It requires a value judgement of superiority/inferiority of a particular race. Without that value judgement -- it isn't.

But I did want to just talk a little bit about context and how people have responded to it and how people are feeling. You know, when Trayvon Martin was first shot, I said that this could have been my son. Another way of saying that is Trayvon Martin could have been me 35 years ago. And when you think about why, in the African- American community at least, there’s a lot of pain around what happened here, I think it’s important to recognize that the African- American community is looking at this issue through a set of experiences and a history that -- that doesn’t go away.
There are very few African-American men in this country who haven’t had the experience of being followed when they were shopping in a department store. That includes me. And there are very few African-American men who haven’t had the experience of walking across the street and hearing the locks click on the doors of cars. That happens to me, at least before I was a senator. There are very few African-Americans who haven’t had the experience of getting on an elevator and a woman clutching her purse nervously and holding her breath until she had a chance to get off. That happens often.
And you know, I don’t want to exaggerate this, but those sets of experiences inform how the African-American community interprets what happened one night in Florida. And it’s inescapable for people to bring those experiences to bear.
[So that makes it ok?]
The African-American community is also knowledgeable that there is a history of racial disparities in the application of our criminal laws, everything from the death penalty to enforcement of our drug laws. And that ends up having an impact in terms of how people interpret the case.
Now, this isn’t to say that the African-American community is naive about the fact that African-American young men are disproportionately involved in the criminal justice system, that they are disproportionately both victims and perpetrators of violence. It’s not to make excuses for that fact, although black folks do interpret the reasons for that in a historical context.
We understand that some of the violence that takes place in poor black neighborhoods around the country is born out of a very violent past in this country, and that the poverty and dysfunction that we see in those communities can be traced to a very difficult history.
[Because of racial problems is the only reason for violence in the black communities]
And so the fact that sometimes that’s unacknowledged adds to the frustration. And the fact that a lot of African-American boys are painted with a broad brush and the excuse is given, well, there are these statistics out there that show that African-American boys are more violent -- using that as an excuse to then see sons treated differently causes pain.
[Again just because they are black and has nothing to do with the idealizing the gang culture and dressing like gangsters and acting like gangsters has not impact at all? Has nothing to do with the drugs or the type of rappers they identify with?]
I think the African-American community is also not naive in understanding that statistically somebody like Trayvon Martin was probably statistically more likely to be shot by a peer than he was by somebody else.
So -- so folks understand the challenges that exist for African- American boys, but they get frustrated, I think, if they feel that there’s no context for it or -- and that context is being denied. And -- and that all contributes, I think, to a sense that if a white male teen was involved in the same kind of scenario, that, from top to bottom, both the outcome and the aftermath might have been different.
What proof is there of this statement? This is just conjecture because obviously everyone in America including the justice system is racist toward blacks?
Now, the question for me at least, and I think, for a lot of folks is, where do we take this? How do we learn some lessons from this and move in a positive direction? You know, I think it’s understandable that there have been demonstrations and vigils and protests, and some of that stuff is just going to have to work its way through as long as it remains nonviolent. If I see any violence, then I will remind folks that that dishonors what happened to Trayvon Martin and his family.
[Not that violence is not deserved in this situation but because it would dishonor the memory]
Number one, precisely because law enforcement is often determined at the state and local level, I think it’d be productive for the Justice Department -- governors, mayors to work with law enforcement about training at the state and local levels in order to reduce the kind of mistrust in the system that sometimes currently exists.
You know, when I was in Illinois I passed racial profiling legislation. And it actually did just two simple things. One, it collected data on traffic stops and the race of the person who was stopped. But the other thing was it resourced us training police departments across the state on how to think about potential racial bias and ways to further professionalize what they were doing.
And initially, the police departments across the state were resistant, but actually they came to recognize that if it was done in a fair, straightforward way, that it would allow them to do their jobs better and communities would have more confidence in them and in turn be more helpful in applying the law. And obviously law enforcement’s got a very tough job.
So that’s one area where I think there are a lot of resources and best practices that could be brought bear if state and local governments are receptive. And I think a lot of them would be. And -- and let’s figure out other ways for us to push out that kind of training.
[Again that this all happened obviously because everyone in Florida handling this was racist. They were all out to get the black man and we need to change that.]
Along the same lines, I think it would be useful for us to examine some state and local laws to see if it -- if they are designed in such a way that they may encourage the kinds of altercations and confrontations and tragedies that we saw in the Florida case, rather than defuse potential altercations.
I know that there’s been commentary about the fact that the stand your ground laws in Florida were not used as a defense in the case.
On the other hand, if we’re sending a message as a society in our communities that someone who is armed potentially has the right to use those firearms even if there’s a way for them to exit from a situation, is that really going to be contributing to the kind of peace and security and order that we’d like to see?
And for those who resist that idea that we should think about something like these “stand your ground” laws, I just ask people to consider if Trayvon Martin was of age and armed, could he have stood his ground on that sidewalk? And do we actually think that he would have been justified in shooting Mr. Zimmerman, who had followed him in a car, because he felt threatened?
[Zimmerman did not just feel threatened but he was attacked. That is a big difference there. But obviously the only different is because he was black right?]

Thanks. OK, three things:
One, should I presume the comments bracketed by the <b> codes are yours and the rest is quotes?

Two, where's the link to all this?

Three, may I recommend.... paragraph breaks. Nobody's going to read an endless pile of text that just piles on top of itself. I read the whole thing and trust me, it was no picnic ;)

Now, assuming that's all legitimate quote ..... can you highlight any part of it that makes a judgement on any race? Any part at all?

But I did want to just talk a little bit about context and how people have responded to it and how people are feeling. You know, when Trayvon Martin was first shot, I said that this could have been my son. Another way of saying that is Trayvon Martin could have been me 35 years ago. And when you think about why, in the African- American community at least, there’s a lot of pain around what happened here, I think it’s important to recognize that the African- American community is looking at this issue through a set of experiences and a history that -- that doesn’t go away.
There are very few African-American men in this country who haven’t had the experience of being followed when they were shopping in a department store. That includes me. And there are very few African-American men who haven’t had the experience of walking across the street and hearing the locks click on the doors of cars. That happens to me, at least before I was a senator. There are very few African-Americans who haven’t had the experience of getting on an elevator and a woman clutching her purse nervously and holding her breath until she had a chance to get off. That happens often.
And you know, I don’t want to exaggerate this, but those sets of experiences inform how the African-American community interprets what happened one night in Florida. And it’s inescapable for people to bring those experiences to bear.
[So that makes it ok?]
The African-American community is also knowledgeable that there is a history of racial disparities in the application of our criminal laws, everything from the death penalty to enforcement of our drug laws. And that ends up having an impact in terms of how people interpret the case.
Now, this isn’t to say that the African-American community is naive about the fact that African-American young men are disproportionately involved in the criminal justice system, that they are disproportionately both victims and perpetrators of violence. It’s not to make excuses for that fact, although black folks do interpret the reasons for that in a historical context.
We understand that some of the violence that takes place in poor black neighborhoods around the country is born out of a very violent past in this country, and that the poverty and dysfunction that we see in those communities can be traced to a very difficult history.
And so the fact that sometimes that’s unacknowledged adds to the frustration. And the fact that a lot of African-American boys are painted with a broad brush and the excuse is given, well, there are these statistics out there that show that African-American boys are more violent -- using that as an excuse to then see sons treated differently causes pain.
I think the African-American community is also not naive in understanding that statistically somebody like Trayvon Martin was probably statistically more likely to be shot by a peer than he was by somebody else.
So -- so folks understand the challenges that exist for African- American boys, but they get frustrated, I think, if they feel that there’s no context for it or -- and that context is being denied. And -- and that all contributes, I think, to a sense that if a white male teen was involved in the same kind of scenario, that, from top to bottom, both the outcome and the aftermath might have been different.
Now, the question for me at least, and I think, for a lot of folks is, where do we take this? How do we learn some lessons from this and move in a positive direction? You know, I think it’s understandable that there have been demonstrations and vigils and protests, and some of that stuff is just going to have to work its way through as long as it remains nonviolent. If I see any violence, then I will remind folks that that dishonors what happened to Trayvon Martin and his family.
Number one, precisely because law enforcement is often determined at the state and local level, I think it’d be productive for the Justice Department -- governors, mayors to work with law enforcement about training at the state and local levels in order to reduce the kind of mistrust in the system that sometimes currently exists.
You know, when I was in Illinois I passed racial profiling legislation. And it actually did just two simple things. One, it collected data on traffic stops and the race of the person who was stopped. But the other thing was it resourced us training police departments across the state on how to think about potential racial bias and ways to further professionalize what they were doing.
And initially, the police departments across the state were resistant, but actually they came to recognize that if it was done in a fair, straightforward way, that it would allow them to do their jobs better and communities would have more confidence in them and in turn be more helpful in applying the law. And obviously law enforcement’s got a very tough job.
So that’s one area where I think there are a lot of resources and best practices that could be brought bear if state and local governments are receptive. And I think a lot of them would be. And -- and let’s figure out other ways for us to push out that kind of training.
Along the same lines, I think it would be useful for us to examine some state and local laws to see if it -- if they are designed in such a way that they may encourage the kinds of altercations and confrontations and tragedies that we saw in the Florida case, rather than defuse potential altercations.
On the other hand, if we’re sending a message as a society in our communities that someone who is armed potentially has the right to use those firearms even if there’s a way for them to exit from a situation, is that really going to be contributing to the kind of peace and security and order that we’d like to see?
And for those who resist that idea that we should think about something like these “stand your ground” laws, I just ask people to consider if Trayvon Martin was of age and armed, could he have stood his ground on that sidewalk? And do we actually think that he would have been justified in shooting Mr. Zimmerman, who had followed him in a car, because he felt threatened?

One, should I presume the comments bracketed by the <b> codes are yours and the rest is quotes?

Three, may I recommend.... paragraph breaks. Nobody's going to read an endless pile of text that just piles on top of itself. I read the whole thing and trust me, it was no picnic ;)

Now, assuming that's all legitimate quote ..... can you highlight any part of it that makes a judgement on any race? Any part at all?

Done

Most of you folks seriously do not understand racism.

Part and parcel with racism..and perhaps it's most important characteristic is ascribing behavior to skin color and features.

And feeling that your "race" is superior.

Simply pointing out racism..is not racism.

Part and parcel with racism..and perhaps it's most important characteristic is ascribing behavior to skin color and features.

Definition of racism (n)

Bing Dictionary
ra·cism
[ ráy sìzz&#601;m ]

animosity toward other races: prejudice or animosity against people who belong to other races
belief in racial superiority: the belief that people of different races have different qualities and abilities, and that some races are inherently superior or inferior

Synonyms: racial discrimination, discrimination, prejudice, bigotry, intolerance, xenophobia, bias, racialism

Feeling superior is a sign of mental illness imo.

And CONSTANTLY pointing at ANYTHING and calling it racism is race baiting.

[So that makes it ok?]

Done

"Done" -- where? Are you slyly admitting that there's nothing there?
:thup:

Which party benefits from racism? Which party benefits from class warfare? Which party benefits from murdering babies in the womb? Which party benefits from these things?

Everyone is not a partisan hack. On top of that the Zimmerman case is about 2 democrat minorities. The hack President twisted the facts into white people & republicans are racist. Utter nonsense that democrat party faithful slurp up from the white-house sewer.

Definition of racism (n)

Bing Dictionary
ra·cism
[ ráy sìzz&#601;m ]

animosity toward other races: prejudice or animosity against people who belong to other races
belief in racial superiority: the belief that people of different races have different qualities and abilities, and that some races are inherently superior or inferior

Synonyms: racial discrimination, discrimination, prejudice, bigotry, intolerance, xenophobia, bias, racialism

Yes.

There it is.

Which party benefits from racism? Which party benefits from class warfare? Which party benefits from murdering babies in the womb? Which party benefits from these things?

Everyone is not a partisan hack. On top of that the Zimmerman case is about 2 democrat minorities.

The irony of those two sentences posted back-to-back noted with hilarity.
Now I haven't followed this silly circus so maybe I missed it: how do you know the political registrations of Zmmerman and Martin? Or who either one voted for, or if they voted at all? I mean even I know their altercation had nothing to do with political parties.

The hack President twisted the facts into white people & republicans are racist. Utter nonsense that democrat party faithful slurp up from the white-house sewer.

Or do you mean, utter strawman that you just made up?

:link:

Done

The president offers fixes indicating racism was involved here. There is no evidence of racism in this case but the president’s belief is that the people involved were white and whites are racist. In his statements about history drawing lines to say the white people are at fault for causing all the problems in the black community. Sure he does not say it right out but you can conclude that is what he is saying from what he is saying. That is animosity toward whites and that is racist. See the definition provided above that Sallow needed.

The president offers fixes indicating racism was involved here. There is no evidence of racism in this case but the president&#8217;s belief is that the people involved were white and whites are racist. In his statements about history drawing lines to say the white people are at fault for causing all the problems in the black community. Sure he does not say it right out but you can conclude that is what he is saying from what he is saying. That is animosity toward whites and that is racist. See the definition provided above that Sallow needed.

I already TOLD you what that definition is. And your task was to quote anywhere in the quote that such a value judgement was made, and you couldn't do it. All you have is your own hasty conclusions wrapped around "what else could it mean?".

"Sure he does not say it right out but you can conclude that is what he is saying from what he is saying" :rofl:
Busted.

Last edited:
Is it?
How?

Yes, you do have to be able to explain it...

circular-reasoning1.jpg

Here's circular reasoning:

You're a douchebag because, well, you're a douchebag.

I bet you understand that, eh?

But something as straightforward as "When your actions or opinions pivot on race, you're a racist. " is well beyond your cognition. Stupid? Willful ignorance? Obtuse? I can't decide and don't care. You lack the reasoning to intelligently debate. Buh bye.

Not only is Obama the worst President in the history of our country, he is the vilest racist our gullible idiots could have elected!

I can't say for sure. But i've never seen him acknowledge his White heritage. He seems to only acknowledge and embrace his Black heritage. I've never even seem him mention his White Mother. It's almost like she never existed. So clearly, he has some Mommy issues. He must harbor some ill feelings, or maybe even hate for her. I mean, i expect the corrupt MSM to only focus on his Black heritage. They have their profitable Race-Baiting agenda to promote. But it is very strange he never acknowledges his White heritage. It's clearly intentional. It would be great to see someone in the MSM ask him about that. I won't hold my breathe waiting for that though.

circular-reasoning1.jpg

Here's circular reasoning:

You're a douchebag because, well, you're a douchebag.

I bet you understand that, eh?

But something as straightforward as "When your actions or opinions pivot on race, you're a racist. " is well beyond your cognition. Stupid? Willful ignorance? Obtuse? I can't decide and don't care. You lack the reasoning to intelligently debate. Buh bye.

Typical. The logically unemployed hate it when they get called on their bullshit -- then they want to blame somebody else for their own shortcomings. Then they run away.
yawn.gif

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAp9sFVdERQ]Run away! - Monty Python and the Holy Grail - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back